1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

An Open Letter To Miley Cyrus....

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Big Bamboo!, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

OPEN LETTER FROM SINEAD O'CONNOR TO MILEY CYRUS IN FULL

8 people like this.
  2. nodrot

nodrot

Very interesting... and well written (except for the part about Miley making good music :p).

My bet is Miley fights back calling her a washed up hag...

1 person likes this.
  3. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

[​IMG]

4. rsgbsg2002

rsgbsg2002

Shhhh! Don't tell her that! Her music sucks, her sex appeal is her best feature. lol

Also, Smoopy, I love that pic in your sig. Where did you get it?

1 person likes this.
  5. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. 15 Year Member

6. nodrot

nodrot

3 people like this.
  7. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. 15 Year Member

Dear God!!! I looked at the end of that thread thinking it was the old one, Doh! She really is going for it.

8. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

"Whether we like it or not, us females in the industry are role models and as such we have to be extremely careful what messages we send to other women"

like tearing up a picture of the Pope in front of a nationwide TV audience?

like Miley you manipulated the media back in the day

you just came at it from a different direction, that's all....

6 people like this.
  9. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

The letter would probably have more impact if she was writing it to someone who wasn't worth over $100 million dollars.

10. BigTom

BigTom

Its not often I feel compelled to wade in on such matters, but I just cannot see a way Cyrus can reply to this without attacking her personally. Perhaps if she was in the slightest talented without the voice modifying software she so obviously uses she could argue but theres no chance.

11. Herb Tarlek

Herb Tarlek The 'H' is Silent

I've always been an alternative music listener and I owned and adored Sinead's first album "The Lion and the Cobra" before anybody I knew had even heard of her, so she was somebody who I used to quite respect.

But that was then. Since her rise to mainstream popularity with Nothing Compares to You she has gone on an endless nut-bar downward spiral. I still respect the artist she once was, but I will never take anything she says with any degree of credulity - she is as psychologically damaged as anyone I've ever witnessed. So go away Sinead - and stop marrying loser men when you claim to be a closeted dyke and stop showing your ugly tattooed body on the internet and just basically - STFU!

1 person likes this.
  12. J3scribe

Sure she can. She can simply say, Thanks for the input, but, it's my life. I live it the way I choose.

1 person likes this.
  13. BigTom

BigTom

I hope thats the way it goes. Unfortunately all I can see happening is a personal attack. Seems the way it goes now and would generate more headlines too.

14. Bronn

Bronn Drunk with fire

I started to read the letter, got bored and went back to Miley's see through pic.

2 people like this.
  15. J3scribe

Don't be surprised if she just ignores her. I would.

16. Mr.1337Nobody

Mr.1337Nobody

I'm just going to say this, it should be "An Open Letter To Miley Cyrus...."

1 person likes this.
  17. Scottay

Scottay BANNED

Hey, a personal shoutout to Phun Forums!

:lol:

4 people like this.
  18. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

[​IMG]

One day you might contribute something here Mr 68 posts in 3 years... !

2 people like this.
  19. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

lol...indeed! :)

20. orwellnelson

orwellnelson 15 Year Member

Not to hijack this thread, but Sinead was referring to the stories that priests were sexually abusing young boys and that the Church was doing nothing about it. This story was, of course, completely hidden in the US until relatively recently but in other places in the world (like Ireland where Sinead is from) started to come out in the early 90's. That is what Sinead was referring to when she did her picture tearing bit in 1992.

In the US, it was considered an outrageous publicity stunt. Elsewhere, it was considered a protest against the child abuse stories that were starting to come out and would explode a couple of years later, and then a few years later in the US. I think it's wrong to ascribe a level of moral equivalency to O'Connor's protest act (extreme as it might have been) to Miley's obvious desperate attempts to be outrageous.

4 people like this.