1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Life of Sophie

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by SophieK81, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I watched "Prospect" and was quite entertained. It didn't matter that the special effects were by Blue Peter, and the pyrotechnics - described as "Visually Dazzling" - were really no worse than un-dipped headlamps, it was the performances of Sophie Thatcher and Pedro Pascal that drew you in and held your attention. It was an even more than usual seedy and grubby glimpse of the dystopian future that's currently fashionable, with some nicely imagined off-world weirdness, and I enjoyed the novel (to me) idea of a personal weaponised audio system!

"Smart, gritty and stylish" was another blurb, and I think it quite nicely summed it up.

SophieK81 likes this.
  2. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

Merlin, Flippy, Sonicboom and 3 others like this.
  3. A-tab

A-tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Ofcourse you were missed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sonicboom, SophieK81 and S-type like this.
  4. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

I always do:hug:

Sonicboom and SophieK81 like this.
  5. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

I've got catching up to do on her (including GOT) plus a little case of the day job;):)

Merlin, S-type and Sonicboom like this.
  6. Ice

Ice Magically delicious ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I missed you but I will take better aim next time

SophieK81 and Sonicboom like this.
  7. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

:lol:

SophieK81 likes this.
  8. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Trust me im willing to bombard you with more kind words if it is needed.

SophieK81 and Taipan like this.
  9. SophieK81

Thanks guys, I've been baking/cooking, I've made Scones for the first time & I think they're actually edible.

Merlin, Sonicboom, Flippy and 2 others like this.
  10. S-type

Do you know what they say about ladies that make scones?

Flippy likes this.
  11. SophieK81

Nopes but I predict I'm about to find out:rolleyes::eek:;):)
    :D:)

Meanwhile

I'm taking my said Scones to a picnic on the South Coast on Saturday, just as the Summer like weather ends.

Will this turn into a Captain Scott type day out.

Game of Thrones - if you're into it, I've written about it here.

https://forum.phun.org/threads/got-...sion-no-spoilers.2825865/page-8#post-12297155

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    S-type, Merlin, Taipan and 2 others like this.
  12. SophieK81

I'm so full of fish & chips I can hardly move.

Meanwhile

Watson really annoys me when she's in "Preach" mode, (even if I agree in the main with what she's saying).
    But I can't fault her legs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University Q&A May 13th 2019

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Merlin, Sonicboom, Taipan and 2 others like this.
  13. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

They really are nice legs .

SophieK81 likes this.
  14. RaiderCane

Now I'm hungry for fish and chips:yumyum: sigh, but alas I am nowhere near a location to get quality fish and chips(this is beef country after all) and I am not a good enough cook to do it great myself. Wish I could teleport over there to get the real deal.

Sonicboom and SophieK81 like this.
  15. S-type

I don't want to gloat, but I had fish and chips (and mushy peas - a Northern delicacy?) for my evening meal tonight - I'll sleep well, I think! ;)

Sonicboom likes this.
  16. SophieK81

Mushy peas are the food of the gods!!!
    I love Hipsters queuing(in parts of London) for really over priced fish & chips complete with mushy peas.

Meanwhile

I'm off to the South coast (of England) with my Scones.
    The Sun is trying really hard to make a guest appearance.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  17. RaiderCane

Yours was cheap?;) as for peas.......:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: oh my god, oh the horror. I. HATE. PEAS! Bad childhood memories of my kindergarten putting peas in everything led to me hating them so much that even the mere sight or slightest smell of them makes me dry heave. 'shudders', anyway, I'm having the chips part, but no fish:(

Mmmm, Sophies baking. Dammit, I may have to book a trip over there just for the food:D

S-type likes this.
  18. SophieK81

We have Sun!!!

Scones are a success, but how to serve them Devon or Cornwall?

Peas are not one of my favs, but mushy peas, oh yes.
    These are hipsters that queue for "Artisan" Fish & chips plus mushy peas, served in a carboard box and charge them £17 for it.
    Well they seem to have gone well for my first attempt at baking.

Meanwhile

The Nominations for "Cat who's got the cream expression" goes to Sophie Turner.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sunday Times - May 19th 2019

I really hope I'm wrong about her performance in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'.

Back to London soon, yes we are watching Eurovision tonight & yes I want Australia to win.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Sonicboom, S-type and RaiderCane like this.
  19. SophieK81

Meanwhile
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    CJ Scissorshands celebrates Stella Maxwell's birthday - his Insty May 17th '19

Sonicboom and S-type like this.
  20. RaiderCane

A cardboard box?o_O plates are out of fashion now? Sigh.... And I use the wonders of Google to see how much 17 pounds is in U.S. currency and it's $21.62?! Do they capture the fish in front of you? Is it a supersized portion? I can make some at home for about half that, maybe less. Fools and their money lol. I hope you didn't pay that much, you're not a hipster after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.