1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO Phun.org Performance Issues! XenForo edition

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheloniousMonk, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Taipan

Taipan Never made it as a wise man Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

I would say a bit better...but still time Outs...not as often as yesterday

2. Taipan

Taipan Never made it as a wise man Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Saying it and next click

[​IMG]

3. Taipan

Time Outs on every 2nd click... pm me if you want screeners

4. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

i dont have a good answer for you guys. what i do know is that it hit me hard i have been out of the site most of the afternoon. 502 and 504 even a friendly malware message. But why not check every lovely problem of the box right. It seems whatever it is it has hit members differently hard. Cayne has been in Contact with the support that says all looks good on their end. But clearly Everything is anything but good. More investigating from cayne will follow.

Magge and hefestus like this.
  5. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

lol, friends are hard to kill. At least I know is not on my side.

6. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

Yeah, we're dealing with some malicious injects, due to security holes in certain (old) scripts. They are being disabled/removed as we speak. But through the years we collected a ton of crap on those servers and it will take some time to find everything. But we're on it.

Sorry for the inconveniences :(

7. Taipan

Good to know you're on it ;)

8. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Some members may experience some avatar issues such as broken links or not showing. Its a temporary thing.

Taipan likes this.
  9. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

The phun.org servers have apparently suffered some "code-injects" (or what's colloquially called "a hack") on a fairly substantial scale, which is why it's taking some time to clear.
    Apologies for the hang times, error messages, etc., and thanks for your patience.
    It's perhaps a reminder to look at our individual protection against malware, viruses, etc.?

Magge, Taipan and cayne like this.
  10. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

Never wrong to look at your individual protection, but in these cases the "hacks" mostly aim at the server and not the user. And an updated browser, with Windows Defender enabled should _usually_ do the job. Most of the "anti-virus protection" software only slows down your PC into oblivion and often shows "false" malware/virus warnings to make you feel like the software is protecting you from harm - even tho there is none - just so you keep on buying the software.

I basically live online and visit a lot of sites, with potential security issues and haven't used an anti-virus software since 5+ years without an issue. Of course you should never ever install or execute any file off the internet - but I think that's common knowledge.

I'm not saying be careless, just that common sense + windows defender keeps you safe from 99,9% of the harm out there. (this is unrelated to our incident - just had to put it out there :))

S-type likes this.
  11. elmazza

elmazza

No problem when i use the cellphone, but when i use my pc, 502 bad gateway

S-type and cayne like this.
  12. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

yeah, it's strange. we're def. need to sort out those errors too...thanks for your feedback!

S-type likes this.
  13. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Same here for 20+ years never use any AVS never catch any virus. Ok now there is shitty Defender shipped with Win which gives a lot false positives too. Downloading pretty much everything from net, but always from reliable scene groups and sources. Malware is bit different, the one that was served here yesterday I have to kill from task manager since the browser chrome was unusable.

14. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

Sounds really bad...oddly enough I haven't gotten any warning, besides one Chrome warning...

Besides that the server should now be clear of all malware - but we're still working on some RAM issues, the support thinks that's the main reason for the numerous 502 errors people receive....

15. S-type

phun appears to be virtually back to normal for me, cayne, but I've got belt & braces defence that you sort of sneer at - along with the warning messages that you suggest are primarily a marketing ploy!
    Well OK, a condom isn't very sexy, but neither are STDs! ;)

Magge likes this.
  16. spiderswims

spiderswims You comin for me then you better be at your best ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

Takes a long time to load but I get it now with Firefox. No problems using google chrome. That is my update.

Now it's at normal speeds again :Hi5:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  17. S-type

I'm just waiting for the vox populi?

18. dark_lodger

dark_lodger Ten Years of Phun

The forum has not been loading pretty much all day today until about an hour ago, and I've heard this from several others as well. The weird thing about it is that people can seem to access it on their phone, but not on their pc or laptop. Hopefully something can be done about this asap.

19. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

Took forever to load. Didn't think I'd get in, so I started doing something le. It was a minute to load Phun. Maybe more

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  20. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

P.S. Thumbs on't seem to be loading for most of the threads in Celeb. (only place I looked at).

Adios & good luck with the "fixes"

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Big Bamboo! likes this.