1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO XenForo - Feedback, bugs & more

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Formula_1

Formula_1 Tame Racing Driver ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Here's another twist on this situation. In Firefox I was logged out but I looked up at the top of the screen and I saw the notices scrolling across the top of the page. So I guess that means it's not a Firefox issue like I thought before. It can't be something in my profile could it because I wouldn't be able to log in using Chrome?

2. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I'm not sure what conclusion you're drawing from the scrolling notices when you're not logged in?

When you're logged in you can dismiss notices that are dismissible, and your choice is thereafter retained by XenForo for your username. But if you're not logged in all active notices should be shown by XenForo.
    Have you seen other behaviour?

I was not referring to Ad-Blocker, but to the Firefox pop-up blocker. The Text Box is a pop-up.

3. Formula_1

Formula_1 Tame Racing Driver ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Before when I had tried logging out and then back in I didn't remember seeing the notices. That's why I thought I had found something. I disabled Firefox popup blocker but that didn't change anything.

4. Taipan

Taipan Never made it as a wise man Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Extreme Long loading times for me, round about 10 sec.

5. S-type

I've experienced instances of up to 30 secs (!) in the last hour or so, just moving from one place to another on the forum.
    I've flagged it to cayne, but you know how that goes!

hefestus and Taipan like this.
  6. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Can't log or edit my post from chrome. Been logged but then log out. FFox can log but can't edit old post. It goes to edit but window with post is missing, on both chrome and FF.

edit:

When I clear the cookies, I log in with chrome! Edit seams to work!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  7. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

The site knocks me off every time I leave it even for a second.
    I've never logged out of the site but now I have to put in the password every time
    Firefox 59.0.1

Chrome gives me this page after typing password
    [​IMG]

TheloniousMonk likes this.
  8. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am experiencing the same thing, I have noted it for the Admins to look into or flag up.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  9. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Okay...
    If I leave the site then come back, I get a sign-in alert but if I scroll down to any topic (like creative backyard) and click it (while still not signed in) the site says I'm signed in without having to put in a password

10. S-type

Admins are having problems too! :) The site security (https) appears to have been switched on, which appears to be responsible for the problems, and I hope we'll hear from cayne soon!

11. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

we are looking into it future.

12. S-type

Not strictly a XenForo issue, but cayne confirms that the problems have been caused by the implementation of Transport Layer Security (TLS) [still commonly referred to as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) that it superseded], a cryptographic protocol to provide security over internet communications. This turns a website's address from HTTP to HTTPS, the ‘S’ standing for ‘secure’.

"HTTP is insecure and is subject to eavesdropping attacks because the data being transferred from the web browser to the web server or between other endpoints, is transmitted in plaintext. This means attackers can intercept and view sensitive data, such as credit card details and account logins. When data is sent or posted through a browser using HTTPS, TLS ensures that such information is encrypted and secure from interception."

Temporary uncertainty as to whether browsers enter via HTTP or HTTPS has probably been the cause of the recent anomalous site behaviour, but that will hopefully be resolved tomorrow morning when the HTTPS system will be imposed/forced.

Taipan and TheloniousMonk like this.
  13. Captain Video

Captain Video watching teevee ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Why a secure handshake to look at T&A? :D

14. S-type

It's to prevent anything such as identity theft from interfering with your pleasure!

hefestus and Captain Video like this.
  15. Taipan

Taipan Never made it as a wise man Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

I still see some red x's when viewing / creating threads with pics.Have to reload the page 2-3 times then all Images appear.

16. redphill4

redphill4

Several people today reporting problems with threads with pictures on pixhost. Thumbnails just have icon with red X through it. Clicking on the icon/supposed thumbnail just gives a status of "Connecting" and eventual timeout with inability to reach pixhost.to. I tried it on Firefox and Chrome. No problems with any other image hosting site.

S-type likes this.
  17. S-type

Another non-XenForo issue, folk should now be able to use the just-issued (v 5.21) version of Bulk Image Downloader (BID) on phun.org.

18. S-type

Further adjustments have apparently been made in BID version 5.22 that is already out!

19. hefestus

hefestus extractor Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Guys we need URL rewrite for pixhost.to -> pixhost.to to resurrect all those dead thumbs!

septimiu29 likes this.
  20. septimiu29

septimiu29 ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster