1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

MEDIA ‘Dark Phoenix’ First Trailer: The X-Men Return to Save Sophie Turner - Screencap

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by SophieK81, Sep 27, 2018.

1. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

‘Dark Phoenix’ First Trailer: The X-Men Return to Save Sophie Turner

[​IMG]

Sophie Turner reprises her role as Jean Grey in this adaptation of one of the most iconic "X-Men" storylines

2. Starling73

Starling73 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Dark phoenix is pretty big with the x-men fandom, if this isn't done right there might be whining of star wars proportions....i'm not sure i'd be comfortable with being attached to this one, just get the feeling it COULD be a stinker, and that COULD be career-ending...

SophieK81 and Rommeluff like this.
  3. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

I like Sophie can't care about the x-men

Dizzle02, SophieK81 and soswiftly like this.
  4. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

This looks like it sucks.

5. 60 Syracuse Crescent

60 Syracuse Crescent

It's going to suck bad. It's being directed by the same guy that wrote X-Men The Last Stand. He fucked up the Dark Pheonix story there, and he'll fuck it up here too.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  6. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

I'd guess that they think they can just reboot X-Men within the MCU if it all goes to shit, as they'll still rake in cash if they do that. The Star Wars backlash worked because the next film bombed to hell as a direct result, whereas they have an escape route here.

TERRASTAR18 likes this.
  7. TLK_1983

TLK_1983 15 Year Member

Im getting Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jessica Chastain in a movie together. That all I care about! I'll see it anyway. Then again I'm one of the small minority that actually liked X-Men: Apocalypse.

amraith62 and SophieK81 like this.
  8. PooDiddy

PooDiddy 15 Year Member

Needs more Jubilee ;)

9. vgfan

vgfan

Probably a similar thought to Disney with Venom. If it bombs, then they can say it's not part of the MCU and if it's successful, they can have Sony make more like it and work together further, like they did with the new Spider-Man films.

10. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

The key difference is that Disney now owns the rights to X-Men, whilst Spidey still isn't under their control. They have to work with Sony on Spiderman stuff, but X-Men is all theirs now.

I was actually surprised that they didn't just abandon this one. Maybe it was just too deep a sunken cost.

11. Def30

Def30 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Aaaand delayed again.

Not too far, June 7.

12. Vcbe1

Vcbe1

Fox still owns X-men/FF. Disney and Fox in other countries still have to vote (where they have studios and such) to complete the deal

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
  13. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

Not quite. Disney and Fox have both agreed to the terms. It just has to be verified by regulators. Fox will still own X-Men, but Disney will own Fox.

14. Def30

Def30 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does this mean the Fox timeline could be absorbed into the MCU? I'd much rather they start from scratch.

15. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

I'd bet they'll decide after this film. If it's an unlikely major hit then they might look for a way to lead it into the MCU. If it's a flop or barely breaks even then they'll give it a few years until they can build it in a little more naturally. They seem prepared to do that with the MCU. I can't see them trying to retcon an existing plotline in - look at Spiderman.

If I had to guess, I'd expect a rebooted Fantastic Four to join the MCU over the next couple of years, with that time also used to plan for X-Men to be introduced. Just a question of whether we get sick of super heroes by then...

Def30 likes this.
  16. vgfan

vgfan

Exactly, yeah. The next Sony and Fox movies (Venom and Dark Phoenix) hinge on whether or not Disney outrights goes after the properties themselves or continues to let other studios make them to save up money of their own, spreading the costs and sharing the profits in some loosely-connected way.

That's why the MCU have a soft-rebooted Spider-Man and why the Venom film seems to have Eddie get the symbiote in San Francisco from a lab, rather than it leaving Peter to join with his body. I'm thinking this could be similar to Warner Bros. years ago planning to have the main DC films under their umbrella but letting another studio do more horror-based films (like Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Etrigan, etc) before they nixed the idea. Or, Sony's Spider-Man films could focus on characters within that character's world but not have Spidey himself in them (think of WB having that Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix that's more of an Elseworlds/Multiverse thing, like Brian Azzarello's "Joker" one-shot, that had nothing to do with the canon of the main comics line).