1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

18+

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Cy, Jul 5, 2013.

Tags:
?

Should phun go 18/18+ across the board in all things

Poll closed Jul 11, 2013.
  1. change phun policy to all 18/18+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. leave phun 16clothed / 18 nude

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAMistheMAN

RAMistheMAN ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You're missing out, but to each his own.

1 person likes this.
  2. Westside

Westside BANNED

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I'm with Ramm on this. leave phun alone.
    ban the fools whom violate site rules.

3 people like this.
  3. n3cr0m33p5

n3cr0m33p5

I voted 16/18 and can see where many may construe that as being at odds with an "adult" website, but I see the 16 crowd as a new potential focus of attention which can (and does) change over time. Britney, Christina, Lindsay ... all had their time and now new young women are about to step up into the spotlight, maybe even take their place somewhat.

We'll still see the threads about previous favorites, but without allowing newer content when the girls seem to be hitting peak popularity (Kendall, Chloe, now and in the future Bella Thorne, Ariel Winter, etc) would seem to be counter-productive and reduce the overall traffic to the site. If a user can't get it here, they'll get it elsewhere, so why not allow 16+ but as others have stated just keep a tight leash on user comments.

Just my :2cent:

and yeah, I read all 21 pages ... :squareeyed:

4. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

If i go back and look at myself in Rams age (early 20s) it wasnt entirely unusual to find Girls attractive that were a few years younger than myself. I Think its rather natural to find Girls your own age attractive. Off course i am a bit turned off when i read all the names in his signature all of them are pretty Young. But one fact that remains is that this is a member with a good track record. He hasnt shown any signs of being a paedophile atleast not too me. So perhaps its a good idea to keep it down a bit on the witch hunt.

It warms my heart to see so many concerned phunners though.

2 people like this.
  5. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Really? :no:

3 people like this.
  6. SINK

SINK

The current media hyped paranoia over paedophilia is causing many here to over react and in some cases deny their own attractions. First of all paedophilia is defined as an attraction to pre-pubescent girls, there are very few 16 year old girls who fit in to that category and if they do they're suffering from developmental problems.

Fact is that any regular heterosexual male is biologically programmed to find post-pubescent girls attractive whether they be 14,15,16,17 or 18. Different girls will reach that stage of biological development at different ages, by the age of 16 virtually all will.

When one looks at girl, it's not a arbitrary date on a calender that will determine whether one finds if they're attractive, it's body shape (e.g. breasts). For hundreds of thousands of years it was the norm for human reproduction to begin as soon as developmentally possible (i.e. mid teens) and in all other species of animal it's the same. Because we are no longer living in small groups of hunter gathers and rather live in a socially complex and advanced society it has been determined that emotional and mental maturity are better points of delineation for the complexities and responsibilities of an adult sexual relationship.

Admitting that a 15 or 16 year old with a shapely figure is attractive does not make one sick simply because of what's written in some statute book, on the contrary it's absolutely typical for our species.

On the other hand I do find some comments on this website towards women of all ages misogynistic and distasteful but that is also an issue with greater society and not restricted to this board.

If you have to set a age limit, I think 16 is well suited as it more or less guarantees that they've biologically reached adulthood. Obviously 18+ for nudity as it's a legal requirement and ethically prudent.

3 people like this.
  7. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

So many people missing the point!
    It's not the fact people are posting 16 year old girls, its the perverted comments that go with them.
    If you can't hold your tongue and your dick at the same time then get help. Simple!
    All this is because there is a group of individuals here that just can't help themselves by making vulgar comments about children. It's not fucking right! Don't do it! You can't justify any reason for doing it!
    So if upping the age limit to 18+ stops it then so be it.
    Seriously!

2 people like this.
  8. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

I have to agree with BB on this. I see folks on both sides of the fence reiterating that the lewd comments are distasteful. Obviously there should be a stronger Red presence in the threads to curtail this. That would be way easier and not deter the influx of newbs into the Forum. The big membership drive has been on since the "upgrade" and I don't really see anything to show for it. Maybe the Reds should be more proactive for comments that are not of standards of Phun. There are a lot of us that would rather toss out a few rotten apples, rather than Phun go stagnant.

1 person likes this.
  9. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

I still dont think that we need under 18s being posted here. That being said, I can agree that the major issue at hand is the comments being made. I understand where both bamboo and merlin are coming from. What I dont understand, as I have pointed out multiple times, is why the rule regarding sexual or suggestive comments reads as 16+ and not 18+. I said a while back I could deal with that compromise. Keep the kids (smh) but make sexual and suggestive comments about under 18s not allowed. I dont understand why it says 16.

2 people like this.
  10. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

18+ would be nice.

3 people like this.
  11. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

give up

it's over

12. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Is that what you do quitter? Oh yeah....it is ;)

13. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

why do you think the poll was moved from the Lounge to here?

it's easy to see why the poll switched around

14. Majesty9917

Moved but not closed.

You are right though. It is easy to see why the poll switched around after reading the comments made in this thread by some of the pro teeny bopper club. Wouldnt treat it as a positive or feather in my cap though.

15. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

i will be interest to see if it's moved to the Celeb Pics forum next
    that's where the recent drama started

16. Majesty9917

I wouldnt mind. The move to celeb extra has been enlightening. I say move it over there and extend the poll which has now expired. I like being able to see who stands where.

17. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

no.

1 person likes this.
  18. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

I agree. We keep revisiting this issue because of the constant graphic sexual comments about 16 and 17 year olds (who are not fully mature by the way). Again can someone tell me what the fascination is? Why are all these teeny boppers the object of more fantasies prior to their 18th birthday than after it? In my mind there's something wrong with that.

The vulgar comments have been going on for years. I challenge the mods team to put a stop to this crap. If they can't do it, 18+ might be the best way to go.

I'd like to hear from the mods on this ... are you guys going to put and end to this crap? Or do you not give a fuck?

19. jk12012

jk12012

For what it's worth I think 14-16 is to young and I think a 17+ option would be a fair compromise,a happy medium,between 16+ and 18+,so most everyone is happy!

20. Majesty9917

We have heard from the mods. Quite a bit in fact. What I have gotten is that the rules have been updated, they will be tightening down and that we should trust them.

Still wish the rules were updated from 16+ to 18+ at least in regards to the comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.