1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

2014 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament - Vote Now

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by xbcx, Jun 8, 2014.

1. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

Knockout Stage - Third Round
    (3) Marisa Miller (65.4%) defeated Daniella Sarahyba (34.6%)
    (14) Bar Refaeli (54.6%) defeated Hannah Davis (45.4%)
    (3) Marisa Miller and (14) Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Defending champion Marisa Miller stumbled in the Group Stage, but she continues to make that a distant memory and has rolled on to the Sexy Sixteen. Marisa’s latest victim is Daniella Sarahyba, whose solid 2014 tournament run comes to an end.

In the other match, Hannah Davis rode her wave of recent fame for all it was worth, but she came up just short of the Bar (Refaeli). Hannah looks like a future contender, though.

So, it’ll be Marisa Miller vs. Bar Refaeli in the first Sexy Sixteen match in the Elaine Farley Region. It’s another epic one, and it’s nearly impossible to pick a favorite!

What are your thoughts? Post and share them!

Latest Knockout Stage bracket

Thanks for voting!

2. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

(15) Heidi Klum (53.9%) defeated Laetitia Casta (46.1%)
    Sara Sampaio (57.1%) defeated Dominique Piek (42.9%)
    (15) Heidi Klum and Sara Sampaio will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Hello, Sara Sampaio! The 2014 rookie of the year is the first rookie to reach the Sexy Sixteen in the brief 2-year history of this competition. Sara knocked off Dominique Piek, who can hold her head high after a good 2014 tournament.

Sara’s opponent in the Sexy Sixteen will be supermodel Heidi Klum, who outlasted Laetitia Casta in her match. This is Heidi’s first appearance in the Sexy Sixteen, as well.

Thanks for voting!

3. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

Julie Henderson (69.0%) defeated Yesica Toscanini (31.0%)
    (13) Paulina Porizkova (56.3%) defeated Genevieve Morton (43.7%)
    Julie Henderson and (13) Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Julie Henderson has never been one of the more popular SI models, despite her long run in the magazine. So, I didn’t expect a run to the Sexy Sixteen, yet that’s exactly what she has now done. Well done! Yesica Toscanini was her latest victim, as the Brazilian exits the tourney after a great run of her own, including a shocking win over Stephanie Seymour last round.

In the other match, Genevieve Morton fell just short of #13 Paulina Porizkova, so Genevieve goes home after a very strong run through this year’s tourney. She was unbeaten until this match, and there’s no shame in losing to Paulina.

Thanks for voting!

4. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

Emily Ratajkowski (64.0%) defeated (11) Christie Brinkley (36.0%)
    (8) Brooklyn Decker (56.7%) defeated Hilary Rhoda (43.3%)
    Emily Ratajkowski and (8) Brooklyn Decker will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Brooklyn Decker had been rolling along, but she got a real challenge in this match from Hilary Rhoda, whose performance in the 2014 tournament can be classified as a true surprise. Hilary had a great run, but it’s Brooklyn who moves on.

In the other match, Emily Ratajkowski became the 2nd rookie to make the Sexy Sixteen with a very impressive win over #11 Christie Brinkley.

That sets up a fascinating Sexy Sixteen matchup between EmRata and Brooklyn. The hot-shot rookie against the legend. Who will prevail?

Thanks for voting!

5. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

Cintia Dicker (55.0%) defeated (7) Irina Shayk (45.0%)
    (21) Nina Agdal (61.3%) defeated (12) Kate Upton (38.7%)
    Cintia Dicker and (21) Nina Agdal will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    For the second straight year, Kate Upton has been vanquished by Nina Agdal! Nina’s win last year was considered quite a surprise, but this result confirms that we shouldn’t have been shocked at all. Nina is red hot right now, and she has to be considered one of the favorites to win the whole tournament.

Speaking of red hot, redheaded Brazilian hottie Cintia Dicker pulled off a big upset of #7 Irina Shayk. Irina had stumbled in the Group Stage, losing to another Brazilian, Jeisa Chiminazzo, and her 2014 tournament was in jeopardy. But, she made it through the Group Stage and had an easy time with Jessica Perez in her first Knockout Stage match. So, it looked unlikely that she would be beaten by Cintia. That’s what makes this tournament so much fun, though: you never quite know what will happen!

Cintia pulled out this upset, but she’ll arguably need to pull off an even bigger one in the Sexy Sixteen against Nina. Nina has been dominant so far, and I don’t think that’s going to end. We’ll see what happens, though!

Thanks for voting!

6. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in, and the Sexy Sixteen is upon us!

New Sexy Sixteen matches will be posted shortly!

Hannah Ferguson (63.6%) defeated Josie Maran (36.4%)
    (2) Kathy Ireland (53.3%) defeated Alyssa Miller (46.7%)
    Hannah Ferguson and (2) Kathy Ireland will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Hannah Ferguson joins fellow rookies Emily Ratajkowski and Sara Sampaio in the Sexy Sixteen, as the 2014 rookie class has burst onto the scene. Josie Maran was the unfortunate loser. Last year, Josie was one of the last eight models standing, but this year, she could only make it into the top 32 because of Hannah’s stellar performance.

In the other match, #2 Kathy Ireland survived another tough test, this time from Alyssa Miller. Survive and advance!

So, the Sexy Sixteen matches are:
    (1) Elle Macpherson (AUS) vs. (9) Veronica Varekova (CZE)
    (16) Petra Nemcova (CZE) vs. (6) Daniela Pestova (CZE)
    (3) Marisa Miller (USA) vs. (14) Bar Refaeli (ISR)
    (15) Heidi Klum (GER) vs. Sara Sampaio (POR)
    Julie Henderson (USA) vs. (13) Paulina Porizkova (CZE)
    Emily Ratajkowski (USA) vs. (8) Brooklyn Decker (USA)
    Cintia Dicker (BRA) vs. (21) Nina Agdal (DEN)
    Hannah Ferguson (USA) vs. (2) Kathy Ireland (USA)

Of the remaining models, there are 6 from the United States, 4 from the Czech Republic, and 1 each from Germany, Brazil, Israel, Portugal, Australia, and Denmark. Therefore, 7 countries still have a chance at national pride.

It is so difficult to predict what might happen in the Sexy Sixteen, because the field is full of unbelievable models, but I’ll try it anyway! My predictions for the Quarterfinal Round are Elle vs. Petra, Bar vs. Heidi, Paulina vs. Brooklyn, and Nina vs. Hannah. We’ll know in about a week if I was correct. :)

Do you have any thoughts or predictions? Post and share them!

Thanks for voting!

7. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s matches are now live!

Voting for these matches is open through January 12. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting, and check back tomorrow for new matches!

-------

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 1
    (1) Elle Macpherson vs. (9) Veronica Varekova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53rmj

[​IMG]

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 2
    (16) Petra Nemcova vs. (6) Daniela Pestova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53rmo

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open through January 13. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

-------

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 3
    (3) Marisa Miller vs. (14) Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53sco

[​IMG]

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 4
    (15) Heidi Klum vs. Sara Sampaio
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53scp

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. xbcx

xbcx

I meant to post this before the Sexy Sixteen began, but I’ll go ahead and do it now anyway. Those of you who read SI more than once a year for the Swimsuit Issue will recognize this as being familiar. I present to you…

Numerology - Sexy Sixteen Edition

6 - Repeat Sexy Sixteen participants; Kathy Ireland, Marisa Miller, Nina Agdal, Brooklyn Decker, Bar Refaeli, and Elle Macpherson all appeared in the Sexy Sixteen of the 2013 tournament.

3 - 2014 rookies to make the Sexy Sixteen: Emily Ratajkowski, Hannah Ferguson, and Sara Sampaio

93 - Combined victories in the 2014 tournament amongst the 16 remaining models

3 - Combined losses in the 2014 tournament amongst the 16 remaining models; Marisa Miller, Julie Henderson, and Hannah Ferguson each lost one match in the Group Stage (Hannah also drew one match).

8 - Models who will lose their Sexy Sixteen match; As you can see, something will have to give… not everyone can finish unbeaten!

81.8 - Bar Refaeli’s average vote percentage in the 2014 tournament, the highest amongst Sexy Sixteen models

61.1 - Emily Ratajkowski’s average vote percentage in the 2014 tournament, the lowest amongst Sexy Sixteen models

Current Odds - Win 2014 Championship - provided for entertainment purposes only, of course :)

Nina Agdal - 8:1
    Brooklyn Decker - 10:1
    Marisa Miller - 10:1
    Elle Macpherson - 10:1
    Bar Refaeli - 10:1
    Petra Nemcova - 11:1
    Paulina Porizkova - 12:1
    Veronica Varekova - 14:1
    Emily Ratajkowski - 14:1
    Heidi Klum - 15:1
    Kathy Ireland - 16:1
    Hannah Ferguson - 17:1
    Daniela Pestova - 17:1
    Cintia Dicker - 25:1
    Sara Sampaio - 29:1
    Julie Henderson - 52:1

10. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open through January 14. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

-------

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 5
    Julie Henderson vs. (13) Paulina Porizkova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53tpy

[​IMG]

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 6
    Emily Ratajkowski vs. (8) Brooklyn Decker
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53tq4

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open through January 15. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

These are the final matches of the Sexy Sixteen. Quarterfinal matches will begin on January 16, after all results from this round are in.

-------

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 7
    Cintia Dicker vs. (21) Nina Agdal
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53vvf

[​IMG]

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen - Match 8
    Hannah Ferguson vs. (2) Kathy Ireland
    Vote: http://poll.fm/53vvi

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen
    (9) Veronica Varekova (62.5%) defeated (1) Elle Macpherson (37.5%)
    (16) Petra Nemcova (74.3%) defeated (6) Daniela Pestova (25.7%)
    (9) Veronica Varekova and (16) Petra Nemcova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    The Body goes bye bye. Elle Macpherson was a finalist in the 2013 tournament, but in the 2014 iteration she’s knocked out in the Sexy Sixteen by Czech beauty Veronica Varekova. Veronica has now won 7 matches without defeat. Her one close call was last round, when she narrowly defeated Natasha Barnard by a 51.3%-48.7% margin. Now, Elle wishes Natasha would have pulled out that victory. Maybe it would have been different for Elle.

In the other Sexy Sixteen match, Daniela Pestova shockingly proved to be no match for Petra Nemcova, as Petra got nearly 3/4 of the vote. I predicted a Petra win, but I would not have predicted the margin of victory. I expected a much closer match, but Petra is looking pretty unstoppable right now. But, then again, so is Veronica!

It’ll be the two Czech beauties facing off in the Quarterfinal Round. The winner claims the title of champion of the Jule Campbell Region and advances to the Semifinal Round. The loser goes home. Both of these beauties were knocked out in the round of 32 last year (Petra by Marisa Miller & Veronica by Vendela Kirsebom), so they are both having a tournament to remember.

What are your thoughts? Got any predictions? Share them!

Thanks for voting!

13. TRLAuthor

TRLAuthor

Last time, it was Nina Agdal and Kate Upton I had a hard time picking between. Now it's Nina vs Cintia Dicker, a long-time favorite of mine. I literally flipped a coin, because like Nina vs Kate, there's no wrong answer. Nina won the toss, and I suspect she'll win the round. Honestly, at this point, it wouldn't surprise me to see Nina take the whole thing.

14. xbcx

xbcx

Yeah, I agree. I have instilled Nina as the favorite entering the final 16, as you saw. She has some favorable matchups on that side of the bracket, at least compared to the other side loaded with Elle, the Czechs, Marisa, Bar, Heidi, etc.

15. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

(14) Bar Refaeli (55.9%) defeated (3) Marisa Miller (44.1%)
    (15) Heidi Klum (52.8%) defeated Sara Sampaio (47.2%)
    (14) Bar Refaeli and (15) Heidi Klum will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Yesterday, we lost Elle Macpherson, one of the 2013 tournament’s finalists. Today, we lost the other one, as defending champion Marisa Miller was knocked off by Bar Refaeli. Once again, this proves that the difference between models 1-16 or so is very small, which makes predicting a champion very difficult!

In the other match, Heidi Klum sent the rookie home in a close one. Sara Sampaio had a great run in her rookie tournament, but she came up just a little short against the legend. It was a proud showing for Sara, though.

It’ll be Heidi and Bar facing off in the Quarterfinal Round. The winner claims the title of champion of the Elaine Farley Region and advances to the Semifinal Round. The loser goes home. Heidi was knocked out in the round of 32 last year (by giant killer Stephanie Seymour), so she will be looking to continue her best run. Bar, on the other hand, is looking to get over the hump, and she looks to better her Quarterfinal Round loss last year to Brooklyn Decker.

Thanks for voting!

16. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

Julie Henderson (62.9%) defeated (13) Paulina Porizkova (37.1%)
    (8) Brooklyn Decker (57.6%) defeated Emily Ratajkowski (42.4%)
    Julie Henderson and (8) Brooklyn Decker will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Well, the surprises just keep coming! Julie Henderson pulled off an upset against Paulina Porizkova, ruining the chances of having three Czech beauties in the final 8. Coming into the tournament, I thought it would be a good accomplishment if Julie made it through to the Knockout Stage. Given her group, with reasonably tough opponents like Chrissy Teigen, Karen Mulder, and Kara Young, getting through would be a challenge. I never would have expected that she would make the final 8! Great job.

Things will get really tough for Julie now, though, as Brooklyn Decker looms. Brooklyn was the one to finally knock off red-hot rookie Emily Ratajkowski in a pretty close match. Emily goes home after the Sexy Sixteen this year, but she’ll have plenty of chances in future years.

So, it’s Julie Henderson vs. Brooklyn Decker for the Diane Smith Region championship and a spot in the Semifinal Round. Brooklyn is the obvious favorite to the win, but maybe Julie can continue to surprise after all?

Thanks for voting!

17. xbcx

xbcx

Today’s results are in!

(21) Nina Agdal (78.6%) defeated Cintia Dicker (21.4%)
    Hannah Ferguson (53.6%) defeated (2) Kathy Ireland (46.4%)
    (21) Nina Agdal and Hannah Ferguson will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Another upset hits the tournament, but this time one that may have been on ranking only. Hannah Ferguson becomes the only rookie to reach the Quarterfinal Round with her narrow victory over SI legend Kathy Ireland. I actually predicted this one a few days ago, so I’m not surprised, but I thought it could go either way. Hannah could have herself a long SI career if both sides care to do so.

In the other match, Nina Agdal continued to steamroll her opponents. This time, Cintia Dicker was the unfortunate victim, as she is knocked out after a wonderful run in this year’s tournament. This loss to Nina was Cintia’s only loss, and she has been very impressive in her wins, especially last round’s beating of Irina Shayk.

So, it’s Nina against the Rookie for the M.J. Day Region championship and a spot in the Semifinal Round. Nina obviously goes in as the favorite, but can Hannah spoil her fun?

Thanks for voting!

18. xbcx

xbcx

The first Quarterfinal Round matches will be posted in about 20 hours from now, but for now I’ll post the updated odds to win the championship, for entertainment purposes only, of course! :)

(8) Brooklyn Decker - 4/1
    (21) Nina Agdal - 9/2
    (14) Bar Refaeli - 5/1
    (16) Petra Nemcova - 6/1
    (9) Veronica Varekova - 13/2
    (15) Heidi Klum - 15/2
    Hannah Ferguson - 17/2
    Julie Henderson - 22/1

Brooklyn Decker assumes the role of favorite to win the tournament now. “How could Nina Agdal possibly not be the favorite anymore after she trounced her opponent?!?”

It’s nearly all to do with Brooklyn’s matchup with Julie Henderson, which is certainly the easiest matchup of those remaining. Julie is a big underdog. So, Brooklyn has a better chance of advancing past this round than our previous favorite, Nina.

Feel free to post agreements or disagreements!

19. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open through January 19. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

-------

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinal Round - Match 1
    (9) Veronica Varekova vs. (16) Petra Nemcova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/544ew

[​IMG]

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinal Round - Match 2
    (14) Bar Refaeli vs. (15) Heidi Klum
    Vote: http://poll.fm/544ey

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open through January 20. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

These are the final matches of the Quarterfinal Round. The Semifinal matches will be released after all Quarterfinal matches have finished.

-------

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinal Round - Match 3
    Julie Henderson vs. (8) Brooklyn Decker
    Vote: http://poll.fm/545cs

[​IMG]

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinal Round - Match 4
    (21) Nina Agdal vs. Hannah Ferguson
    Vote: http://poll.fm/545cu

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.