1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament - Cast Your Votes!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by xbcx, Sep 7, 2015.

1. xbcx

xbcx

Two new groups of results are in!

Knockout Stage - Second Round

#5 Brooklyn Decker (54.6%) defeated Ana Beatriz Barros (45.4%)
    #22 Emily Ratajkowski (58.2%) defeated Anne Vyalitsyna (41.8%)
    #5 Brooklyn Decker and #22 Emily Ratajkowski will face each other in the Third Round

Lauren Mellor (75.9%) defeated Ariel Meredith (24.1%)
    #11 Paulina Porizkova (55.9%) defeated Kelly Rohrbach (44.1%)
    Lauren Mellor and #11 Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Third Round

#10 Irina Shayk (67.9%) defeated Jenna de Rosnay (32.1%)
    Judit Masco (66.8%) defeated Esti Ginzburg (33.2%)
    #10 Irina Shayk and Judit Masco will face each other in the Third Round

Natasha Barnard (53.2%) defeated Melissa Baker (46.8%)
    #3 Elle Macpherson (67.8%) defeated Jarah Mariano (32.2%)
    Natasha Barnard and #3 Elle Macpherson will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
    After a bunch of upsets in recent matches, the favorites regained control in this batch, as the higher ranked model won in all 8 of the matches. So, no real surprises here, but it sets up some awesome Third Round matches, especially Brooklyn Decker vs. Emily Ratajkowski and Natasha Barnard vs. Elle Macpherson.

Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

2. xbcx

xbcx

Four more matches are now live and open for voting! These are the final matches of the Second Round. Third Round matches will begin on January 16, after all Second Round results are posted.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 15. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Second Round, Match 29:
    Kate Upton vs. Monica Bellucci
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyh

[​IMG]

Second Round, Match 30:
    Jessica Gomes vs. Kim Cloutier
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyi

[​IMG]

Second Round, Match 31:
    Carolyn Murphy vs. Sara Sampaio
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyj

[​IMG]

Second Round, Match 32:
    Lujan Fernandez vs. Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5ioyl

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. xbcx

xbcx

Four more results are in!

#4 Nina Agdal (74.2%) defeated Ashley Richardson (25.8%)
    Niki Taylor (60.1%) defeated Monika Schnarre (39.9%)
    #4 Nina Agdal and Niki Taylor will face each other in the Third Round

Hilary Rhoda (75.1%) defeated Shana Zadrick (24.9%)
    Alyssa Miller (51.6%) defeated #12 Daniela Pestova (48.4%)
    Hilary Rhoda and Alyssa Miller will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
    The upset train has come back into the station! Alyssa Miller, who came in to the tournament ranked #41, upended #12 Daniela Pestova in a very close match. Alyssa improves to 9-2 on her tournament career and sends home an SI legend. Alyssa joins Nina Agdal and Petra Nemcova as the only models to beat Daniela in the three year history of the tournament.

Alyssa will face an unexpected face in the final 32: Hilary Rhoda, who came in ranked #48 and knocked off another unexpected opponent in Shana Zadrick. I personally voted for Shana in this one, but I was in the clear minority.

The other Third Round matchup set will see #4 Nina Agdal face Niki Taylor. Nina had no trouble getting rid of Ashley Richardson, and she’s looking like a title contender, as usual. Niki Taylor, who I’ve always loved, hasn’t historically gotten the same love from voters. In 2013, Niki was bounced in the First Round of the Main Draw, and in 2014, she didn’t even make it to the Knockout Stage. So, it’s nice to see Niki make a run here in 2015. With the win, she actually improves her career record to 4-4, so she may be one of the more improbable models to make it to the round of 32.

4. muttley

muttley Ten Years of Phun

I went 1-3 on that round, choosing Nina Agdal's big smile over Ashley Richardson's big boobs for my only agreement with the crowd.

I'll concede that the Monika Schnarre photo is uninspiring, but the Niki Taylor pic? One might assume that it's impossible to make the then 22 year old Niki Taylor look unsexy in a bikini, but the SI team was up to that task. Shitty hair? check. Weird facial expression as she squints into the sun? check. Washed out, low resolution photo? check. Niki should've struggled to beat a ladybug with that pic yet she wins 60-40.

Shana Zadrick v. Hilary Rhoda was tough - I went back and forth much longer than usual trying to choose. In the end I gave the nod to Shana since her pic was taken 17 years earlier. A 75-25 beat down though.

Alyssa Miller v. Daniela Pestova at least was close at 52-48. I thought Alyssa's glare was better suited to a fashion show runway and when compared to Daniela's warmer hint-of-smile I expected Daniela to win. I guess the translucent nature of Alyssa's shirt carried more weight with the crowd than it did with me haha.

I'm looking forward to see who wins at the end.

5. xbcx

xbcx

Ha ha. Great feedback! The SI team botched a lot of Niki Taylor photos, and it's actually difficult to find one that actually makes Niki look great like she actually did. I've seen countless non-SI pics where she's absolutely gorgeous, but her SI photos are blah. This one was lower res because it was actually a screencap. I use a different photo during every match, assuming a different photo exists. In Monika's case, that was her one SI photo, ever. One! There are about a dozen or so models that I've only ever found one SI photo of, and she's one of those. In the end, voters overlooked Niki's squinting and their eyes went to the cleavage, I think. :)

I voted for Shana Zadrick, because I find her more beautiful than Hilary Rhoda. Personal opinion, of course, but I find Hilary to be somewhat run-of-the-mill as far as SI models go.

I also voted for Daniela Pestova. You may be right on the see-thru blouse, but Daniela's was also see-thru, albeit a little more subtly so. I absolutely love Daniela, but sadly she is no longer in this year's tourney. :( Two of my top 5 personal favorites are gone: Daniela and Heidi Klum. Sniff sniff. :(

6. xbcx

xbcx

#14 Hannah Ferguson (80.1%) defeated Dominique Piek (19.9%)
    #21 Josie Maran (67.9%) defeated Raica Oliveira (32.1%)
    #14 Hannah Ferguson vs. #21 Josie Maran will face each other in the Third Round

#17 Genevieve Morton (65.3%) defeated Daniella Sarahyba (34.7%)
    #6 Petra Nemcova (70.5%) defeated Izabel Goulart (29.5%)
    #17 Genevieve Morton and #6 Petra Nemcova will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
    Favorites regained control in today’s batch of matches, as four top-25 ranked models advanced to the Third Round. Most impressively, #14 Hannah Ferguson got over 80% of the vote against a very tough opponent in Dominique Piek. Hannah will face #21 Josie Maran, who expectedly had no trouble with Raica Oliveira.

The other Third Round matchup will feature #17 Genevieve Morton and #6 Petra Nemcova in what should be a great one. Genevieve easily defeated Daniella Sarahyba, and Petra likewise had an easy time with Izabel Goulart. Neither were pushover opponents, but they were easy victories nonetheless. That bodes well for the upcoming matchup.

7. xbcx

xbcx

Michelle Vawer (56.1%) defeated #7 Kathy Ireland (43.9%)
    Laetitia Casta (55.3%) defeated Estella Warren (44.7%)
    Michelle Vawer and Laetitia Casta will face each other in the Third Round

Rose Bertram (57.2%) defeated #19 Christie Brinkley (42.8%)
    #16 Cintia Dicker (51.5%) defeated Emily DiDonato (48.5%)
    Rose Bertram and #16 Cintia Dicker will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:
    Two more SI Swimsuit legends went down today, as #7 Kathy Ireland lost to the surging Michelle Vawer, and #19 Christie Brinkley was knocked off by hot rookie Rose Bertram. Rose will face #16 Cintia Dicker, who narrowly escaped an upset at the hands of Emily DiDonato. Michelle Vawer will face French supermodel Laetitia Casta, who won a close one against Estella Warren.

8. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

On what planet does Rose Bertram trump Christie Brinkley? Even put up against her today at 61 she doesn't win. :mad: :lol:

2 people like this.
  9. xbcx

xbcx

Ha! The beauty of public voting, I guess. :)

I voted for Christie. I love Rose's boobs, for sure, but come on... it's Christie frickin' Brinkley!

2 people like this.
  10. xbcx

xbcx

The final 32 models are all set, and the upcoming matches shape up this way:

Jule Campbell Region:
    #2 Marisa Miller (USA, 16-2-0, 67.8%) vs. Isabeli Fontana (BRA, 8-2-1, 68.0%)
    #20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi (ARG, 11-2-0, 61.9%) vs. #13 Hannah Davis (VIR, 12-2-0, 66.8%)
    Aurelie Claudel (FRA, 8-3-0, 67.2%) vs. Michelle Lombardo (USA, 8-2-0, 54.3%)
    #25 Rebecca Romijn (USA, 9-2-0, 73.1%) vs. Cindy Crawford (USA, 12-2-0, 70.4%)
    My predictions: Marisa Miller, Hannah Davis, Aurelie Claudel, Rebecca Romijn

Elaine Farley Region:
    #5 Brooklyn Decker (USA, 16-2-0, 71.0%) vs. #22 Emily Ratajkowski (USA, 9-1-0, 62.3%)
    Lauren Mellor (RSA, 6-2-0, 73.2%) vs. #11 Paulina Porizkova (CZE, 11-2-0, 72.6%)
    #10 Irina Shayk (RUS, 11-3-0, 66.5%) vs. Judit Masco (ESP, 8-2-0, 61.7%)
    Natasha Barnard (RSA, 9-2-0, 75.4%) vs. #3 Elle Macpherson (AUS, 14-2-0, 70.2%)
    My predictions: Brooklyn Decker, Lauren Mellor, Irina Shayk, Elle Macpherson

Diane Smith Region:
    #4 Nina Agdal (DEN, 17-2-0, 73.5%) vs. Niki Taylor (USA, 4-4-0, 56.1%)
    Hilary Rhoda (USA, 8-2-0, 65.6%) vs. Alyssa Miller (USA, 9-2-0, 65.2%)
    #14 Hannah Ferguson (USA, 9-2-1, 65.0%) vs. #21 Josie Maran (USA, 12-2-0, 70.2%)
    #17 Genevieve Morton (RSA, 10-2-0, 69.5%) vs. #6 Petra Nemcova (CZE, 13-2-0, 72.0%)
    My predictions: Nina Agdal, Alyssa Miller, Hannah Ferguson, Petra Nemcova

M.J. Day Region:
    Michelle Vawer (USA, 7-4-0, 60.5%) vs. Laetitia Casta (FRA, 10-2-0, 65.7%)
    Rose Bertram (BEL, 3-0-0, 72.4%) vs. #16 Cintia Dicker (BRA, 11-2-0, 68.7%)
    #15 Kate Upton (USA, 11-2-0, 68.4%) vs. Jessica Gomes (AUS, 6-3-0, 67.0%)
    #24 Sara Sampaio (POR, 9-1-0, 68.4%) vs. #1 Bar Refaeli (ISR, 17-1-0, 71.3%)
    My predictions: Michelle Vawer, Rose Bertram, Kate Upton, Bar Refaeli

What do you think? Agree with me? Disagree?

11. briere48

briere48

Do you happen to have the results from that last batch of matches? Obviously we know who won, but I was curious to see the percentages as there were some intriguing match ups there. Thanks for all your hard work again!

1 person likes this.
  12. muttley

muttley Ten Years of Phun

There were two of your predictions that stood out: #5 Brooklyn Decker vs. #22 Emily Ratajkowski and #24 Sara Sampaio vs. #1 Bar Refaeli.

I think the Decker v. Ratajkowski contest will come down to which of the websites this contest is running on will turn out the most votes. If a lot phun members vote, I wouldn't be surprised if Emily Ratajkowski wins. I think the crowd here at phun is more taken with her sultry-sexy persona than would be members of a site that caters to more of a fashion model crowd. However the fact that Laetitia Casta is still in this (I'm pretty sure I voted against her every round) tells me that the fashion sites probably have better turnout since Laetitia is able to ride her model reputation to make up for her blah SI pics.

If there would be a money line bet on the Sara Sampaio v. Bar Refaeli contest I would take Sara. I know Refaeli is the returning champ, but Sara Sampaio is extremely popular with the model crowd and has the most fans of the newest set of Victoria's Secret models. With the VS fashion show last month and the Valentine's Day promotions kicking in, Sara is getting tons of pics posted and generating as much buzz as anyone remaining. Looking over the girls still in the contest, I don't see a scarier match up for Bar than Sara Sampaio.

Finally I hope Cintia Dicker knocks off Rose Bertram. I don't have any feeling one way or another that it'll happen, but figured I go on record with it haha.

1 person likes this.
  13. xbcx

xbcx

Whoops! I forgot to post them, didn't I? My bad! Here you go:

#15 Kate Upton (66.8%) defeated Monica Bellucci (33.2%)
    Jessica Gomes (56.4%) defeated Kim Cloutier (43.6%)
    #15 Kate Upton and Jessica Gomes will face each other in the Third Round

#24 Sara Sampaio (66.8%) defeated Carolyn Murphy (33.2%)
    #1 Bar Refaeli (76.8%) defeated Lujan Fernandez (23.2%)
    #24 Sara Sampaio and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Third Round

14. xbcx

xbcx

I completely agree with Laetitia's SI pics. It's funny to me how SI managed to get photos of some amazing supermodels so wrong! Laetitia and Eva Herzigova spring to mind immediately as two who were shortchanged by SI photographers.

Thanks for the comments and interest! :)

15. xbcx

xbcx

The Third Round is officially underway! The winners of these matches will advance to the Sexy Sixteen.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 19. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Third Round, Match 1:
    Marisa Miller vs. Isabeli Fontana
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it0o

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 2:
    Yamila Diaz-Rahi vs. Hannah Davis
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it0p

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 3:
    Aurelie Claudel vs. Michelle Lombardo
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it0r

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 4:
    Rebecca Romijn vs. Cindy Crawford
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it0t

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. xbcx

xbcx

The next four matches are open for voting.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 20. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Third Round, Match 5:
    Brooklyn Decker vs. Emily Ratajkowski
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it6z

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 6:
    Lauren Mellor vs. Paulina Porizkova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it75

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 7:
    Irina Shayk vs. Judit Masco
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it77

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 8:
    Natasha Barnard vs. Elle Macpherson
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5it79

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 21. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Third Round, Match 9:
    Nina Agdal vs. Niki Taylor
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iumy

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 10:
    Hilary Rhoda vs. Alyssa Miller
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iun2

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 11:
    Hannah Ferguson vs. Josie Maran
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iun4

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 12:
    Genevieve Morton vs. Petra Nemcova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iun7

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. xbcx

xbcx

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 22. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Third Round, Match 13:
    Michelle Vawer vs. Laetitia Casta
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iusy

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 14:
    Rose Bertram vs. Cintia Dicker
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iusz

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 15:
    Kate Upton vs. Jessica Gomes
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iut2

[​IMG]

Third Round, Match 16:
    Sara Sampaio vs. Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5iut5

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. xbcx

xbcx

The first results of the Third Round matches are in, which means that four models have advanced to the Sexy Sixteen!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

#2 Marisa Miller (79.4%) defeated Isabeli Fontana (20.6%)
    #13 Hannah Davis (55.3%) defeated #20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi (44.7%)
    #2 Marisa Miller and #13 Hannah Davis will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

Aurelie Claudel (64.4%) defeated Michelle Lombardo (35.6%)
    #25 Rebecca Romijn (61.9%) defeated Cindy Crawford (38.1%)
    Aurelie Claudel and #25 Rebecca Romijn will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    The group is headlined by #2 Marisa Miller, who easily defeated Brazilian beauty Isabeli Fontana. Marisa’s performance was very impressive, as voting in this one was never close. As a result, the 2013 tournament champion moves on to her third consecutive appearance in the Sexy Sixteen. There, Marisa will face #13 Hannah Davis. The future Mrs. Jeter had a tight match with #20 Yamila Diaz-Rahi but prevailed in the end. Hannah is making her first appearance in the Sexy Sixteen. Ironically, both models lost by similar close scores to eventual champion Bar Refaeli in the 2014 tournament: Hannah in the Round of 32 and Marisa in the Sexy Sixteen.

The other part of the bracket will be filled out by Aurelie Claudel and #25 Rebecca Romijn. Aurelie capitalized on the momentum of her upset win over Heidi Klum and had an easy victory over upstart Michelle Lombardo. Aurelie lost in the First Round of the 2014 tournament and didn’t even make it out of the Qualifying Draw in the inaugural 2013 tournament. So, an appearance in the Sexy Sixteen is unexpected, to say the least, even though Aurelie is ultra sexy.

Finally, let’s show some love to Aurelie’s Sexy Sixteen opponent, #25 Rebecca Romijn. Rebecca knocked off surging supermodel Cindy Crawford rather easily, and she looks like she’ll pose big matchup problems to anyone. It is Rebecca’s first Sexy Sixteen appearance, as well, so we’re guaranteed to have a newbie in the Quarterfinal Round.

20. xbcx

xbcx

Sorry about missing these. I had posted the results on my blog and apparently forgot to do so on the forum. Oops! :)

The next results of the Third Round matches are in, and four more models have advanced to the Sexy Sixteen!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

#5 Brooklyn Decker (68.9%) defeated #22 Emily Ratajkowski (31.1%)
    #11 Paulina Porizkova (53.7%) defeated Lauren Mellor (46.3%)
    #5 Brooklyn Decker and #11 Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

#10 Irina Shayk (88.1%) defeated Judit Masco (11.9%)
    #3 Elle Macpherson (67.9%) defeated Natasha Barnard (32.1%)
    #10 Irina Shayk and #3 Elle Macpherson will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    The biggest story from this batch of matches is Irina Shayk’s total domination of Judit Masco. Irina received over 88% of the votes, and she moves on to her second Sexy Sixteen after getting knocked out in the Round of 32 last year. Irina’s next opponent is none other than The Body, Elle Macpherson. Elle had a very impressive win over a tough opponent, as she received more than 2/3 of the vote against Natasha Barnard. This is Elle’s third Sexy Sixteen appearance in the three years of the tournament.

Brooklyn Decker and Emily Ratajkowski also met in the 2014 tournament, when Brooklyn prevailed in a relatively close match and gained over 57% of the vote. This year, Brooklyn turned it up a notch and garnered almost 69% of the vote, and she sends Emily home unhappy for the second straight year. In fact, Brooklyn is the only model to have beaten Emily, and now she’s done it twice. This will be the third consecutive Sexy Sixteen for Brooklyn, who has actually advanced to the Semifinals in each of the tournaments so far.

Finally, Paulina Porizkova continued to impress in a competitive victory over Lauren Mellor. Lauren had very good support and proved this year that she belongs amongst the better SI models. This will be Paulina’s second consecutive Sexy Sixteen. Last year, she lost to Julie Henderson in the Sexy Sixteen, and in 2013, she lost to Bar Refaeli in the Round of 32.