1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament - Cast Your Votes!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by xbcx, Sep 7, 2015.

1. xbcx

xbcx

The next results of the Third Round matches are in, and four models have advanced to the Sexy Sixteen!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

#4 Nina Agdal (64.9%) defeated Niki Taylor (35.1%)
    Alyssa Miller (61.4%) defeated Hilary Rhoda (38.6%)
    #4 Nina Agdal and Alyssa Miller will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

#21 Josie Maran (58.9%) defeated #14 Hannah Ferguson (41.1%)
    #6 Petra Nemcova (56.9%) defeated #17 Genevieve Morton (43.1%)
    #21 Josie Maran and #6 Petra Nemcova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Nina Agdal ended the Cinderella run of Niki Taylor and advanced to her third consecutive Sexy Sixteen. Nina has actually been to the Semifinals one year and the Championship the next, so she’s hoping to follow the next logical progression to Champion. Nina will next have to get by another model making a surprising deep run, as Alyssa Miller advanced to her first Sexy Sixteen with a win over Hilary Rhoda.

The other part of the bracket featured two matches with all models ranked in the top 25. So, we expected a couple of competitive matches, and that’s what we got. Josie Maran pulled away from Hannah Ferguson at the end, and Petra Nemcova did the same over Genevieve Morton.

Last year, Josie and Hannah met at exactly the same stage of the tournament, and Hannah won easily. This year, though, Josie exacted her revenge! So, Josie advances to her second Sexy Sixteen. Petra will me making her second consecutive Sexy Sixteen appearance, after having made the Semifinals last year.

Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

2. xbcx

xbcx

The final results of the Third Round matches are in, and the Sexy Sixteen matches will begin in the next day!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

Laetitia Casta (61.2%) defeated Michelle Vawer (38.8%)
    Rose Bertram (60.1%) defeated #16 Cintia Dicker (39.9%)
    Laetitia Casta and Rose Bertram will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

#15 Kate Upton (57.2%) defeated Jessica Gomes (42.8%)
    #1 Bar Refaeli (55.7%) defeated #24 Sara Sampaio (44.3%)
    #15 Kate Upton and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:
    Our #1 seed, and defending champion, Bar Refaeli advanced to her third consecutive Sexy Sixteen with a hard fought victory over Sara Sampaio. Sara was up to the challenge of facing #1, but she fell just short of the goal. Bar’s opponent in the Sexy Sixteen will be none other than Kate Upton, who returns to her second Sexy Sixteen after missing last year when she was knocked out in the Round of 32 by eventual finalist Nina Agdal. Kate earned her Sexy Sixteen berth this year by winning a close match against Jessica Gomes. This was Jessica’s best tournament performance to date, so she can take a bit of consolation from that.

French supermodel Laetitia Casta proved to be too much for Michelle Vawer to handle, and Laetitia brings her ample assets to her first Sexy Sixteen. Laetitia was bounced in the Round of 32 in the previous two tournaments, so she’s finally gotten over the hump in her third year.

One model who has had no difficulty getting over the hump? Rookie Rose Bertram, who upset #16 Cintia Dicker. Rose has burst onto the scene and will face Laetitia in what may be coined The Battle of the Buzom.

3. xbcx

xbcx

Here's the Sexy Sixteen preview. First matches will be posted later today.

How did I fare with my last set of predictions, you may wonder? Not awesome, but not too bad. I correctly predicted 13 of the 16 winners. My errors were Lauren Mellor (over Paulina Porizkova), Hannah Ferguson (over Josie Maran), and Michelle Vawer (over Laetitia Casta).

You should realize that my actual personal votes cast were different than my predictions. Interestingly, though, I ended up also voting for 13 winners and 3 losers. The losers getting my vote were Yamila Diaz-Rahi (over Hannah Davis), Michelle Lombardo (over Aurelie Claudel), and Michelle Vawer (over Laetitia Casta).

Anyway, without further adieu, your Sexy Sixteen preview:

Jule Campbell Region:
    #2 Marisa Miller (USA, 17-2-0, 68.4%) vs. #13 Hannah Davis (VIR, 13-2-0, 66.1%)
    Aurelie Claudel (FRA, 9-3-0, 67.0%) vs. #25 Rebecca Romijn (USA, 10-2-0, 72.2%)
    My predictions: Marisa Miller, Rebecca Romijn

Elaine Farley Region:
    #5 Brooklyn Decker (USA, 17-2-0, 70.9%) vs. #11 Paulina Porizkova (CZE, 12-2-0, 71.3%)
    #10 Irina Shayk (RUS, 12-3-0, 68.0%) vs. #3 Elle Macpherson (AUS, 15-2-0, 70.0%)
    My predictions: Brooklyn Decker, Elle Macpherson

Diane Smith Region:
    #4 Nina Agdal (DEN, 18-2-0, 73.1%) Alyssa Miller (USA, 10-2-0, 64.9%)
    #21 Josie Maran (USA, 13-2-0, 69.5%) vs. #6 Petra Nemcova (CZE, 14-2-0, 71.0%)
    My predictions: Nina Agdal, Petra Nemcova

M.J. Day Region:
    Laetitia Casta (FRA, 11-2-0, 65.3%) vs. Rose Bertram (BEL, 4-0-0, 69.4%)
    #15 Kate Upton (USA, 12-2-0, 67.6%) vs. #1 Bar Refaeli (ISR, 18-1-0, 70.5%)
    My predictions: Rose Bertram, Bar Refaeli

4. xbcx

xbcx

The next four matches are open for voting.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 27. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Sexy Sixteen, Match 1:
    Marisa Miller vs. Hannah Davis
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j07v

[​IMG]

Sexy Sixteen, Match 2:
    Aurelie Claudel vs. Rebecca Romijn
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j07w

[​IMG]

Sexy Sixteen, Match 3:
    Brooklyn Decker vs. Paulina Porizkova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j07y

[​IMG]

Sexy Sixteen, Match 4:
    Irina Shayk vs. Elle Macpherson
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j080

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. xbcx

xbcx

The final four matches of the Sexy Sixteen are open for voting.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on January 28. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Sexy Sixteen, Match 5:
    Nina Agdal vs. Alyssa Miller
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j1bp

[​IMG]

Sexy Sixteen, Match 6:
    Josie Maran vs. Petra Nemcova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j1br

[​IMG]

Sexy Sixteen, Match 7:
    Laetitia Casta vs. Rose Bertram
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j1bs

[​IMG]

Sexy Sixteen, Match 8:
    Kate Upton vs. Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j1bt

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. xbcx

xbcx

The first results from the Sexy Sixteen are in, and four models have made it to the Quarterfinal Round! Another four will make it tomorrow, and we’ll have our final 8 models set.

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen

#2 Marisa Miller (51.5%) defeated #13 Hannah Davis (48.5%)
    #25 Rebecca Romijn (77.2%) defeated Aurelie Claudel (22.8%)
    #2 Marisa Miller and #25 Rebecca Romijn will face each other in the Quarterfinal Round

#5 Brooklyn Decker (53.9%) defeated #11 Paulina Porizkova (46.1%)
    #10 Irina Shayk (57.7%) defeated #3 Elle Macpherson (42.3%)
    #5 Brooklyn Decker and #10 Irina Shayk will face each other in the Quarterfinal Round

My spin:
    In the Sexy Sixteen, there are no easy matches! Hannah Davis was on the verge of pulling off an upset of Marisa Miller, but Marisa got some late support and eeked out a victory. I think this one was a matter of who happened to be ahead when the polls closed, and in this case it was the #2 seed Marisa. Marisa returns to the Quarterfinal Round after having missed it last year when she lost to eventual champion Bar Refaeli.

Marisa will face #25 Rebecca Romijn, who had an easy time ending the tournament run of Aurelie Claudel. Aurelie had knocked off Heidi Klum earlier in the tournament, so she was capable of doing the same to Rebecca, but she ran out of steam. Rebecca’s career best tournament run continues, as she follows up her first Sexy Sixteen appearance with her first Quarterfinal Round appearance.

The other two Sexy Sixteen matches were as interesting as the first two. I didn’t give Irina Shayk much of a chance to knock off the legend, Elle Macpherson. But, it happened with room to spare! So, The Body is bounced and Irina moves on to her second Quarterfinal Round appearance. In 2013, her run ended there at the hands of eventual champion Marisa Miller.

Irina’s opponent will be the voluptuous Brooklyn Decker, who emerged victorious from a tight match against Paulina Porizkova. Brooklyn enters the Quarterfinals looking to advance to her third consecutive Semifinal.

7. xbcx

xbcx

The last results from the Sexy Sixteen are in, and we have our final 8 models set. The Quarterfinal Round will begin later today!

Knockout Stage - Sexy Sixteen

#4 Nina Agdal (68.5%) defeated Alyssa Miller (31.5%)
    #6 Petra Nemcova (54.9%) defeated #21 Josie Maran (45.1%)
    #4 Nina Agdal and #6 Petra Nemcova will face each other in the Quarterfinal Round

Rose Bertram (51.7%) defeated Laetitia Casta (48.3%)
    #1 Bar Refaeli (51.3%) defeated #15 Kate Upton (48.7%)
    Rose Bertram and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Quarterfinal Round

My spin:
    The rookie plays on! Rose Bertram continued her great rookie tournament run with a narrow victory over Laetitia Casta. Voters were no doubt drawn to Rose’s great boobs, but Laetitia has herself some of those, too. Laetitia got some late support from voters (no pun intended) and almost pulled it out, but Rose prevailed and will keep riding her magic carpet into the Quarterfinal Round.

Rose’s next test will be her toughest. Why? Because she’s facing the tournament’s #1 seed and defending champion, Bar Refaeli. Bar also barely eeked out a win over fellow SI legend Kate Upton. Voting on this one never saw a margin wider than 2-3% for either model, so this was another one of those where the result may be just because of who was ahead when the polls closed. Bar advances to her third straight Quarterfinal Round. She lost there to Brooklyn Decker in 2013 before making her championship run in 2014.

In the other part of the bracket, #4 Nina Agdal continued to roll over her opposition. It looks like a #4 ranking for her is too low, as she’s a definite championship contender. This time, she rolled over Alyssa Miller, and it was never in doubt. Nina will be looking to advance to her third consecutive Semifinal Round with a win in her next match.

Nina’s opponent in that match will be a formidable one: #6 Petra Nemcova, who won a hard fought battle over Josie Maran to make it to her second consecutive Quarterfinal Round. Last year, Petra won over fellow Czech beauty Veronica Varekova to make it to her first Semifinal, but getting there this year will be even tougher with Nina standing in her way.

8. xbcx

xbcx

Here's your preview of the Quarterfinal Round. First matches go live later today!

Note that my predictions aren't necessarily who I'll vote for. In the Sexy Sixteen, I correctly predicted the outcome of 7 of 8 matches, getting only Elle Macpherson's loss to Irina Shayk incorrect. But, I actually only voted for 6 of the winners. The two losers that I voted for were Elle and Kate Upton (over Bar Refaeli). I couldn't resist those boobs! :)

Jule Campbell Region:
    #2 Marisa Miller (USA, 18-2-0, 67.6%) vs. #25 Rebecca Romijn (USA, 11-2-0, 72.6%)
    My prediction: Marisa Miller

Elaine Farley Region:
    #5 Brooklyn Decker (USA, 18-2-0, 70.0%) vs. #10 Irina Shayk (RUS, 13-3-0, 67.3%)
    My prediction: Brooklyn Decker

Diane Smith Region:
    #4 Nina Agdal (DEN, 19-2-0, 72.9%) vs. #6 Petra Nemcova (CZE, 15-2-0, 70.1%)
    My prediction: Nina Agdal

M.J. Day Region:
    Rose Bertram (BEL, 5-0-0, 65.8%) vs. #1 Bar Refaeli (ISR, 19-1-0, 69.5%)
    My prediction: Bar Refaeli

9. xbcx

xbcx

The first two matches of the Quaterfinals are open for voting.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on February 1. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Quarterfinals, Match 1:
    Marisa Miller vs. Rebecca Romijn
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j59t

[​IMG]

Quarterfinals, Match 2:
    Brooklyn Decker vs. Irina Shayk
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j59u

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. xbcx

xbcx

The final two matches of the Quaterfinals are open for voting, and they’re two awesome matches again!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on February 2. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Quarterfinals, Match 3:
    Nina Agdal vs. Petra Nemcova
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j5v0

[​IMG]

Quarterfinals, Match 4:
    Rose Bertram vs. Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j5v1

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. xbcx

xbcx

The first results from the Quarterfinals are in!

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinals

#2 Marisa Miller (58.4%) defeated Rebecca Romijn (41.6%)
    #5 Brooklyn Decker (50.2%) defeated #10 Irina Shayk (49.8%)
    #2 Marisa Miller and #5 Brooklyn Decker will face each other in the Semifinals

My spin:
    The folks in America aren’t the only ones who witnessed a close vote today, as we witnessed an amazingly close match between Brooklyn Decker and Irina Shayk. Neither one was ever separated by more than a couple of votes, and Brooklyn got the last couple of votes to pull out a victory by the narrowest of margins! Brooklyn’s win makes it three straight trips to the Semifinals for her, and she’s hoping this one will be different than the previous two. In 2013, Brooklyn lost to Elle Macpherson. In 2014, she lost to Nina Agdal.

In 2015, Brooklyn’s Semifinal opponent will be Marisa Miller, who had an impressive performance against Rebecca Romijn. The 2013 champion Marisa returns to the Semifinals after missing them last year, when she lost to eventual champion Bar Refaeli.

So, we’ll have ourselves another awesome match in the Semifinals with two traditional buxom beauties battling it out. Can’t wait!

12. xbcx

xbcx

The last two results from the Quarterfinals are in, and the Semifinals will begin later today!

Knockout Stage - Quarterfinals

#4 Nina Agdal (75.8%) defeated #6 Petra Nemcova (24.2%)
    #1 Bar Refaeli (64.9%) defeated Rose Bertram (35.1%)
    #4 Nina Agdal and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Semifinals

My spin:
    Two of the top SI models, Nina Agdal and Bar Refaeli, flexed their muscles in these matches and set the stage for an epic rematch of last year’s Championship match.

The Bar was finally too high for hotshot rookie Rose Bertram to hurdle, and Bar goes to her second consecutive Semifinal and still has a shot to repeat as Champion.

Nina absolutely demolished a legitimate SI legend, Petra Nemcova, to advance to her third Semifinal in as many years. Nina has been close to the summit every year but has been unable to get to the top. This year, she’s looking like nobody can stop her, not even Bar, who beat Nina in last year’s Championship.

13. xbcx

xbcx

The Semifinal matches are now open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on February 6. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Semifinals, Match 1:
    Marisa Miller vs. Brooklyn Decker
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j9sg

[​IMG]

Semifinals, Match 2:
    Nina Agdal vs. Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5j9sh

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. briere48

briere48

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... my two personal favorites matched up against eachother again... I might have to just sit this round out and vote for the winner in the finals

1 person likes this.
  15. xbcx

xbcx

The results from the Semifinals are in, and the Championship match will begin later today!

Knockout Stage - Semifinals

#2 Marisa Miller (53.0%) defeated #5 Brooklyn Decker (47.0%)
    #1 Bar Refaeli (51.6%) defeated #4 Nina Agdal (48.4%)
    #2 Marisa Miller and #1 Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Championship Match

My spin:
    What a great couple of Semifinal matches we had here, as nobody got more than 53% of the vote in either match. The results setup a Championship Match between the only two models to have been crowned Champion already. Marisa Miller won the inaugural tournament in 2013, and Bar Refaeli won last year’s 2014 tournament.

Nina Agdal goes home disappointed again, as she reached her third consecutive Semifinal Round but couldn’t finish the deal again. Bar sent her home unhappy in last year’s Championship, and she did it again to poor Nina this year.

Brooklyn Decker has also been close twice, but she has now lost in both of her Semifinal appearances.

So, who will win the Championship? Some food for thought: Bar beat Marisa in a close match in the Sexy Sixteen of last year’s tournament. Advantage: Bar. Also, Nina Agdal has lost to the eventual Champion in each year of the tournament, so her loss to Bar this year is telling. Advantage: Bar.

My pick is Marisa! Despite all of the evidence to the contrary, I think this is Marisa’s year. But, clearly these two are evenly matched, and anything can happen!

16. xbcx

xbcx

The Championship match is now open for voting!

Voting for the match is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on February 10. Use the link under the matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

Thanks for voting!

-------

Championship Match:
    Marisa Miller vs. Bar Refaeli
    Vote: http://poll.fm/5jd7o

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. xbcx

xbcx

Last day for voting! One of these beauties will be crowned Champion! Thanks so much for participating throughout the tournament. It's been fun, again. :)

18. xbcx

xbcx

Knockout Stage - Championship Match

#1 Bar Refaeli (50.9%) defeated #2 Marisa Miller (49.1%)

My spin:
    Bar Refaeli has repeated as Champion of the SI Swimsuit Model Tournament! The 2014 winner takes home the 2015 crown after a very tight match against 2013 winner Marisa Miller.

Bar certainly had to earn this year’s title against some very tough competition, as four of her final five matches were close ones. In three of those, Bar received less than 52% of the vote, but the only number that really matters is the 0 in Bar’s loss column! She’s the last model standing, and she improves her career tournament record to an astounding 22-1, with her only loss coming to Brooklyn Decker in 2013.

Thank you all for participating in the tournament this year! I hope to be back next year for the 4th running, and I may actually start up some interim “exhibition” matches throughout the year.

Final Knockout Stage Bracket: here

2 people like this.
  19. muttley

muttley Ten Years of Phun

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this xbcx - over five months of daily updates is a huge commitment. I voted every single matchup with the exception of one day's slate I missed while away.

I was pulling for Petra Nemcova. Once she went down, I switched to Nina Agdal. And when Nina got sent home, I went with Marisa Miller. Looks like I was the jinx - every time a girl got my allegiance, she got eliminated. Ha, I'll have to keep that in mind next time.

1 person likes this.
  20. briere48

briere48

As always, great job xbcx. Amazing job on keeping up with this over these past couple of months. It was fun to see the matches unfold each day/week. What a matchup to conclude the contest too! A winning margin of 1.8% is close as hell! I'm just curious as to how many votes that was that gave the expecting mother to be, Bar Refaeli, the win for the title again.