1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

3 per day rule

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Jammsbro, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

In celebs the no more than three sets per day of old pics rule was recently put into place. Since then it's been awash with old pics and i might have gotten the rule wrong. Is it no more than 3 posts of old pics per day per member or no more than 3 sets of old pics per day of any celebrity per member? Meaning, could i only post 3 sets of Heather Graham and that would be my 3 for the day or could i post as many older pics as i wanted as long as there aren't more than 3 of the same girl.

2. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

My understanding is 3 threads maximum of that particular celeb per day. Regardless of poster (Member)

Salty Longshanks and Jammsbro like this.
  3. Jammsbro

Thanks P. I was all wrong on that one mate :D

4. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

well that is another rules I know nothing about. I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what purpose it would serve.

5. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I didn't write it, but I think the big reason was "out of respect to those who post new pics and don't want to see their threads disappear down to page 3 within hours"

Lasher1108 and haydaddict like this.
  6. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes it was, but maybe there should be an overall limit on old sets? The new stuff I posted this morning is almost on page 3 already.;)

7. wtfazzhole

I can see that point but on the flip side I can also see how something like this can reduce the amount of content on this board as well as reduce the number of "first to appear" online from being shown somewhere else first. Our celeb forum has been top notch and I know for a fact that sites like TMZ and Perez Hilton uses us for their online sources. If we are to stay competitive and be the first to publish something this can reduce what we have been known throughout the net for. This is how our forum and site gets so huge and popular, I see this is a something that can be holding us back. Just my opinion.

8. Jammsbro

I love seeing both old and new pictures. This week we've had more than normal but thats just a short trend, it'll return to normal service soon.

A balance is maintained if everyone is just sensible i believe and everyone pretty much is so far (well apart fom tonight ;) )

9. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure if it was maximum 3 older posts per celeb or per member posting the celeb.

10. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

What P said is correct. It was getting ridiculous, half the threads on page 1 were from 2001-2002 and it was really direspectful to those who post new pics, to see their posts disapear in a hurry. If there's old pics that are dead or haven't been posted, it's fine for people to post them here, but we don't want to see 10+ threads of the same celeb in one go, which is why this rule was implemented. Seems to be working well so far.

11. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Although looking at the first two pages of the celeb forum at the moment, maybe we do need to consider changing it to 4-5 threads per member per day if the threads aren't newm as it's getting ridiculous.

12. wtfazzhole

Or how about we split the celeb forum up along the lines of "current events" (less than a week from the date posted) to archived (all the old stuff).

Or we can do a breakdown of the celeb into categories of what it is that made them famous, ie, reality tv and page 3 models, actresses, singers, professional models, athletes or any combination of the listed.

13. Jammsbro

What about keeping it simple and just requesting that members don't rip the arse out of it?

14. Perfect4ths

I like that idea, but it almost seems to simple ;)

15. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

How about an auto-locking of older pic threads. That way they can be seen but they don't get bumped by comments. That's probably too much work though.

16. Cowardly Douche

Cowardly Douche Hotbabeologist, Ph.D

i like the oldies too, but when you're posting so many that you're knocking your own posts down to page 3 an hour after you just posted them, ridiculous is a good choice of words

17. wtfazzhole

You are going to tell that to all our thousands of members and expect them to follow it? That is the most naive thing to say. :lol:

18. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Are you saying that our thousands of members post pics?

I don't think asking the handfull that are posting muliples of these old sets
    is naive in the slightest.

19. wtfazzhole

So are you saying that over my 5 years + of moderating this forum that there have only been a few posters and nobody new comes and goes? :-o

That to me is also a naive statement. :lol:

20. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

No, I'm saying multiples of the those old sets are not posted by all and sundry.

I said nothing about members old or new posting set of pics. Those are the ones we want that are getting pushed down to page 3 within an hour.