1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

3 per day rule

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Jammsbro, Jun 11, 2009.

1. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

How about just sending Nemesis a PM and telling him to settle down with all the old posts? :)

Jammsbro and Billy Sastard like this.
  2. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

Then why not make a clear cut proposal or sub-forum like non-current event pics so that they don't crowd the space of the current celeb pics threads? This will also help eliminate any restrictive rules that limits how much material can be posted on this board. The last thing I want is for people to feel they cannot share content on here.

3. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

That's basically what I proposed a number of weeks back. A sub-forum for older threads and new posts of old pics sorted by the celeb's name would keep things a lot more tidy in the current celeb thread. It'd make it a lot easier to find pics of your favorite celeb if you don't have to search through a million different threads, for example one Britney, or Lindsay thread with multiple pages of images would be nice!

Just moving the image content to their respective threads after a certain number of weeks on time wouldn't be that bad, but would require a moderator to put in some time.

4. wtfazzhole

Time is something we don't have. The only issue I see with this is the search query would have to be done for both old and new celeb sub-forum for certain event pics.

If the celeb forum cannot handle the amount of threads created then it is best to split it up rather than telling people to limit their number of contributions. The other viable option is to split the section into categories of celeb status or how they are discovered or known.

Or we can categorize it a third way and that is "staged events" (award shows, red carpet, product launch) and "candids and outtakes."

5. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Well, that's why we have posts with rules in them. Making ever more complicated rules for simple situations isn't a great idea, but asking the regular posters to keep it within the limits of sensibility isn't a big deal at all. There are alot of posters in celebs but not more than a handful of posters who you could call major. It'd be easy enough. No need to blow a simple thing like this out of proportion. This is the phun forum after all.

6. wtfazzhole

My question is why even make the rule in the first place?

7. Nemesis

Nemesis

I think this rule was added because of me in the first place. I had recently stopped lurking and started posting some old pics and it was put in place just for the reason of newer pics being pushed to later pages.

Kieks sent me a PM earlier today and I stopped posting them, and I just replied to the PM I got from Salty a few hours ago.

I was just following the rules about posting old pics that was recently added, I didn't post more than 3 threads of the same celeb. I came across some photoshoots, & I thought they were some great pics and most of them aren't here at the site. I just posted them thinking that Phun members would enjoy them.

Sorry to all the members that were posting new pics that were pushed to other pages. Don't worry it won't happen again.

Nemesis

Cowardly Douche likes this.
  8. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I hate when threads make people feel bad for sharing. :(

I know we can find a solution to this, so that everyone feels heard and respected.

I think the rules that are currently in place, and recently updated are acceptable and fair.

9. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I don't want any new rules introduced. I'm happy with the celeb board containing all celebs and all types of pics, whether they be candids, shoots, etc. If we have a nice mixture then that's fine, just recent days it's been a bit heavy on the old shoot side. But it looks like we're all on the same page now and hopefully it isn't an issue anymore.

10. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

"heavy posting" threads was, is and will always be an issue. not only in the celeb-forum. there will never be a perfect solution, i guess.
    (have in mind that the celeb-vid-subforum was originally implemented to avoid pic-threads being "drowned"...)

i doubt a deep fragmentation of the celeb-forum into various subforums would be useful and managable.

we had a discussion a long time ago to think about a split of the celeb-forum into
    - "press, candids, events, red-carpet" (recent, up-to-date)
    and
    - photoshots.
    maybe time for a second thought about that.

i for one don´t mind "old" photoshootings and even collections, btw. just the opposite...

Nemesis likes this.
  11. Jammsbro

I think the new rule addition works well and both old and new pics work great on phun. Like previously said, people shouldn't feel bad for sharing and respect should be paid. Also, flooding with older stuff that drowns brand new pics. Both posters should rightly be shown respect. It's simply a matter of common sense.

Btw, i only asked for clarification on a rule, no can of worms was meant to be opened here and i don't think unnessecarry rulings is great. :D If forums become spilt into a multitude of sub forums then it would definitely put off new members. The first time i saw both phun and CU i went straight into phun. There were only four or five rooms where as CU had about 30 and it was far too much fucking aroudn to just look at everything.

12. c-through

Instead of sub-dividing it too much between photoshoots, red carpet events, etc, how about just having a "celebrity classics" section where older content posts or re-upped ones could be put? These guys are doing a lot of hard work and bringing good pics to Phun that don't exist, or have expired, so if the main complaint is that it's pushing the current content off the first couple pages, having their own section would solve that without burdening the mods too much.

Ramsfan and Nemesis like this.
  13. Cowardly Douche

Cowardly Douche Hotbabeologist, Ph.D

after reading my comment and your post, i'd like to apologize also for coming off sounding so harsh.

i hope you don't mean you're going to completely stop posting the old photoshoots, because in moderation, i think they really add alot of flavor to this great board. four pages worth all at one time is just a bit tough to absorb. one can only wank so much per day or it goes numb :lol:

as azz alluded to, i don't think we want to discourage anyone from posting. having too many posts is definitely a better "problem" than not enough.

Nemesis likes this.
  14. cayne

cayne Guest

I'm in a hurry right now, so not much input from my side at the moment (later today maybe) but that could be a solution if the amount of threads with "old" pics becomes a problem to the whole celeb forum.

15. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I have to say that a subsection about old shoots/event is the solution in my opinion....

Nemesis likes this.
  16. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

just a thought - even actual photoshootings are getting lost among all beach-candids, walking-the-dogs etc.

i can see the fun in posting and commenting such threads, but i also can understand people who are more into high-res-pics from professional photoshootings about to give up posting them.

17. c-through

That's why consolidating threads (older than ~90 days) per celeb in a separate area might make sense. Eliminating all but the photo content there would also make for an easy way to enjoy celebs of your choice without having to do a ton of searching, which should also lighten the load of the server somewhat.

18. Jammsbro

But are we going to go down teh celebutopia road? They have subdivisions for everything, even where a girl was born. Seriously. I can't see why this is a problem to be honest.

If we subdivide in another year what to stop people complaining again and getting more divisions. Where would we stop? Blonde forum? Recently dyed blonde forum? Girls from Ecuador forum :D

19. wtfazzhole

The owner of the board has his own ideas as to how he wants the forum to operate. We originally started out with just 1 forum and has steadily expanded since. If the traffic allows for it then yes we will split it up again.

20. TheRiver

he should share them...
    no offense, but seeing the impressive inactivity of the mentioned owner here it might be fair to at least consider to think about suggestions of active contributors.
    haven´t heard of ideas of/from/by Cayne for quite a while.

as for the "consolidation" of older threads - vbulletin offers the auto-closing of threads after a certain ammount of days/weeks/months. but i doubt it´s possible to implement that in selected parts only. what would happen to c-trough, x-ray, redhead - threads and such?
    and a new "old threads"-subforum where certain threads are going to be moved in will cause way too much work for mods.