1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

3 per day rule

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Jammsbro, Jun 11, 2009.

1. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I said ages ago that there was an issue here in that unless you had a TOP celeb to post there is no point, the effort required for the amount of time that it would spend on the front page would simply not be worth it.

With so mant posts without dates on them any sub-forums etc would be impossible to moderate - debates would rage as to the date of the pics and so on. "This shoot was from last month" - "no dude, that was 2007" and so on.

The only sub-forum I'd suggest is a "date unknown" forum. All pics less than three months old would go in the traditional "celebs" forum. Dates unknown ( but obviously not new) and older pictures/ shoots would go in an "archive" thread. Some of us love the new stuff, some of us like to troll through the older stuff. This solution would fix all and also eliminate a lot of reported reposts, as I believe with two sub forums the mods could take a more relaxes attitude to this.

I also believe given that we would be assured of a celeb forum with only "fresh" pics, traffic would increase.

2. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

maybe all events/occurrences older than 6 weeks into an archive?
    6 weeks is long enough for even casual users to see stuff but long enough away to get the best quality pics available for said event.

An auto archive should be a fairly easy straightforward script to implement while requiring little maintenance by admins. Folks wanting to post old stuff can just post it right into the older than archive.

Just an idea.

Ramsfan likes this.
  3. Lasher1108

Lasher1108

Volume and traffic are important to keep the board top notch and viable. However Perfect4this makes a good point. I mainly post in the vids sections but the same thing holds true. I work my ass off to find fresh new content thats not been on the board. Afterward I carefully search the board to make sure I'm not reposting something. I don't post even if I find the same file 2 or 3 years deep on the board. After all my work I post my new stuff of which I'm so proud of. I come back a few hours later to find it 5 pages deep in the section buried by reposts.

4. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

I don't need daily input from somebody to have an idea as to how he would like his forum ran. Most of us here are pretty self sufficient when it comes to that.

Well there are 2 trains of thought here. On one hand you can either try to make one group happy by reducing the amount of content allowed on the board or you can see how a division can occur to lighten the load of 1 particular forum and see if two viable forums can co-exist and allow threads to remain relevant on the first page longer without physically reducing the number of threads/contents posted.

Lasher1108 likes this.
  5. mandy-fan

mandy-fan Insert witty comment here

I think if the forum was split up there would be alot more reposts and stuff being posted in the wrong place while people get used to it, which, in turn, will make more work for the mods.

But in saying that, If it all ran smoothly, I think splitting it would be a good idea.

6. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

well, a feedback on threads and pms addressed to the administrator within a month would be fair enough.

ilike the second train, but train one obviously has already left:
    sounds to me like a reduction of content...

7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

as seems to be the trend with phun, it is "my way or the highway" and when a usefull thread to discuss issues is started it becomes a cock measuring competition.

I think it is worth pointing out also that a lot of people arent coming on to phun anymore because of some peoples attitudes. Im done posting pics here, pretty much done posting anything.

If cayne values his forum he needs to look at how it is being run and how people are being run out of it.

8. cayne

cayne Guest

I'm here, I'm here. I also already posted in this thread. And it's a known fact that I run this board only for the users, so their input is of course very important.

This auto-closing posibility probably could work, if it allows to close threads, which didn't receive a "new post" since let's say one year. That would prevent from big threads being closed, because they still receive new posts.

But of course this doesn't help to decrease the amount of "new threads" contaning "old" content.

9. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

Well if this was directed at me then I am glad. :)

gaphugs likes this.
  10. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Just out of curiosity, what was the original forum called when phun opened? Was it a general/all purpose room?

11. cayne

cayne Guest

Hmm...yeah I think there was just the general forum and the about phun.org forum.