1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A celebrity x-ray tutorial... (please sticky)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by msnevil, Mar 22, 2007.

1. msnevil

msnevil

Using photoshop 4.0. (Exp. Using a very difficult pic to "x-ray".)

I)Get pic.

(a.)Pic must be a type of cloth that will allow light through to the skin.
    ie. "transparent"

1. Braless is best

2. A large amount of background light is best.

(b.)Pic must be large enough, and have enough pixels to form a good
    resolution. (The pixels are the individual puzzle pieces, and resolution is
    the number of puzzle pieces making the complete picture.)

1. 800 * 600 or better is a must.

II)Load photoshop.

III)Load "pic".

exp.
    [​IMG]

IV)Make a layer.

(a.)Use rectanguler marquee tool.

1.Left-click and highlight all of pic.

2.Right-click highlight, select "layer via copy".

V)Like above, Use rectanguler marquee tool to highlight all of pic.

VI)In Above tab bar, find Auto-levels. Click on it. Then press "Escape" afterwards.

VI) Highlight breast contour. (using magnetic lasso or whatever is available.)

VII) Hightlight only the breast areas then Auto-level it. press "escape" afterwards.

exp.
    [​IMG]

VIII)Highlight only the breast area then in above tab menu. Find "enhance: lightening: brightness\highlight". Slide the numbers to your desired contrast. press "escape" afterwards.

exp.
    [​IMG]

IX)Highlight the breast area agian, and then in above tab menu find "unsharp mask" (For photoshop it is in menu "filter: sharpen: unsharp mask".) Slide amount and radius to desired level.) Then click "escape" afterwards.

exp.
    [​IMG]

X)Highlight the breast area agian, and then in above tab menu find "Enhance: lightening: shadow\highlights" Click on it, Slide the amount to desired levels.

exp.
    [​IMG]

XI: By now, it should look like a jumbled mass, so lets clean it up a bit. Highlight the breast area agian, and then in above tab menu find "reduce noise" (For photoshop it is in menu "filter: noise: reduce noise".) Slide amount and radius to desired level.) Then click "escape" afterwards.

exp.
    [img=http://img167.imagevenue.com/loc512/th_86303_XIemmanuellechriqui5_123_512lo.jpg]

XII: Since this is a hard pic to do, you might not be able to spot anything. But your eyes have the ability to see "pictures" within "pictures". exp 3d pics.
    A way to stimulate this effect is to slide the opacity on the layers mini-screen
    until Your eyes adjust the image to see the "hidden layers". (Not every picture is see through, and it takes a lot of practice to make perfect.)Another way is to slide the layers slide down menu to "luminosity" And slide the opacity slider back and forth. Also moving the picture between smaller and larger helps as well.

I can see the left nipple, but the right nipple remains hidden from my eyes. (If you are uncertain, don't do it. Find a better pic to do.)

Exp.
    [​IMG]

Of course, the above steps can be rearranged, or a luminosity layer can be used from the start, etc. (please note, this was a hard pic to do. others should be easier to do.

When done, merge at your desired opacity.

I also make a severe contrast at to end to check out my work.

[​IMG]

Lets see some of you try it.

Xraymen, !!!, S_Mart and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I'll move this to the 'about phun.org' forum later and sticky it there. Also, will put a link on the first page of the x-ray thread itself so we can easily guide people to it when they ask. Just in a hurry right now.

Well done on this, hope it helps people out.

3. S_Mart

S_Mart

nice work man!

imran777 likes this.
  4. legendterryfunk

legendterryfunk

Well, that's not very good. I can't see her bones at all.

5. kris_w_"k5

kris_w_"k5

awesome post man. cheers

6. accguy

accguy

thanks for the post.. i was havin right much trouble with just tossin the lasso on stuff then sliding bars like mad. lol.. didnt know to use some of those tools.

7. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

First of all I analyze a pic to see if it's got any potential. Just start playing with the brightness & contrast sliders to see if anything starts appearing - move one a bit one way then the other. Sometimes the features are very subtle, so zoom in and pay attention! After a while you'll get the feel for it, but generally light colored clothing needs to be darkened, and dark usually needs to be lightened.

Here's a walk through of my process:

Using a good candidate, this picture is well lit and braless. Even though it's not very big (bigger is usually better for detail) it will serve the purpose to demonstrate what can be done. This is the original picture of Lita the wrestler:

[​IMG]

First off, I select the clothing I want to make more transparent. Normally, I take more time to try and get it all, but this is just a quick demo so I just grabbed what I could with the magic wand.

[​IMG]

Once I have the clothing selected, I copy & paste it into it's own layer making it easier to work with, and then bring up the brightness (for a dark color) and adjust the contrast to what seems appropriate to next match the skin tone.

Use either the hue adjustment or the colorize checkbox to match the skintone as closely as possible. You will usually have to play with the saturation and lightness settings to get it close. I usually match the darkest tone, not the lightest as you'll see later on.

[​IMG]

OK, now that you've got a good skintone, you'll need to usually establish the bottom of the breast line. This is done for a more natural shading effect, and to give it back some of the depth that is often lost by altering the brightness & contrast which can often flatten an image's appearance. I usually use the existing cleavage and outer curves to determine the approximate roundness of the hang, as this usually tends to be pretty standard for most breasts - the Elliptical Marquis tool helps make a nice smooth curve, then you can just lasso any additional area as needed. I like to go a little beyond the edge as I will feather the selection before copying and pasting it into it's own layer.

[​IMG]

OK, the breast area is selected - I usually copy it out of the skintone layer, but show it here up against the black background so you can see it on it's own. Now comes the shading as previously mentioned - using the Dodge tool, I'll lighten up the top more than the sides, then move on to the Burn tool to darken the bottom edge where the shadow would be.

[​IMG]

This shows the shading placed on top of the skintone layer. OK, now we're ready to for that nipple!

[​IMG]

For doing the details, I find it helps to zoom in 300-400% If you don't have a clear picture of the outer edge of the areola, often you can bring it more into focus by further adjusting your brightness & contrast controls. It should be pretty clear to you now - you are ready to use the Elliptical Marquis tool to lasso the area from the skintone layer. Once it's selected, feather the edge by a couple of pixels to make it blend in better, then copy & paste it into it's own layer.

[​IMG]

OK, almost done! After getting your nipple set, normally you just have to tweak the color a bit. I am usually guessing on the nipple's skintone, but it's usually not too far off from the regular tone, usually with more brown or pink in it. You can sometimes go by the age of the person (younger is usually more pink, older more brown - especially if they have had kids). Sometimes ethnicity also will determine tone - Asian women for example will often have very dark nipples.

[​IMG]

Anyways, that's about it - a quicky lesson on how I prefer to do it - this is the image all combined.

[​IMG]

Here's the .psd file that you can open up in Photoshop and see the layers for yourself -->http://www.mediafire.com/?8goiycy3oag

Remember, not all images can be done this way - often key details will be hidden by clothing that is too thick, bras, bad lighting, too much .jpg compression, etc. Good luck and happy X-raying!!

Xraymen and rasguedo like this.
  8. msnevil

msnevil

[​IMG]

Another way of coloring a pic is to use the healing brush tool. First you want to make a layer. Then by using the healing brush tool, settings "replace" and "normal". You can literally make clothing disappear, and then replace clothed skin via the visable skin. By using layers at about 50% opacity. You can literally "draw" on the nipple via the x-rayed nipple.The color can be approximated via the "replace tool". Mixture of lip, and darkened skin tone. (Natural Red\blond Mixture of lip, lightened skin tone.)

As a touch up, the skin Colors\shade can be approximated via the "normal" tough up healing tool. And\or the underlying shadows can be done via color burn or more subtly via multiply. (with the same color shade.) (as c-through pointed out above. :))or vise versa, color dodge or screen. (linear burn\dodge is a more radical darkening\whitening tool. Darken darkens above gray or midline colors, Lighten lightens below gray or midline colors.)

The breast can be grown\reduced by the "pinch" tool in the filters tab. (filter-distort-pinch)

The first is a composite x-ray.

[​IMG]

The 2nd is a half done Draw on Skin. (The breast is started but not touched up. The removed Clothing strap was touched up. Can you see the difference?)

[​IMG]

Xraymen and rasguedo like this.
  9. burger22

burger22

Hi,

I have no idea about Photoshop. Can some1 write a more detailed description how to x-ray (with screenshots). I would try to help out at the amateur x-ray thread with that kwowledge.

10. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

c-through and msnevil you two are some scary motherfuckers with that tool. :lol:

11. Zakar

Zakar

any advice on how to do this using seashore?

(insert mac joke here)

12. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Concepts should be the same no matter what software you're using, provided it has fairly good editing options. Most of the people here don't use any exotic filters or macros, but sticking with PhotoShop is the best bet.

13. rasguedo

rasguedo

Thanks you all. I have been messing around trying to get these results and doing pretty good. Ill start posting some soon!

14. Babes R Us

Babes R Us I'm back!

Could someone post tutorial on getting xray effect in Paint.Net or GIMP?
    It would be helpful for those without Photoshop. Thanks.

15. nicet

nicet

Cheers!

16. ftw

ftw

Sweet I am going to try this now and hopefully be able to contribute in the future!

17. cherry10

cherry10

Hey c-through . the .psd file link of this tutorial is broken now . Can you upload it again . I know it s really old post but .psd file will really help new x rayers like me :)