1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Future Split of Models

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by biznatch, May 22, 2006.

1. Sancho

Sancho The Amateur God ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Figured I'd chime in here again with some more thoughts after reading everyone's posts up to this point.

I still do belive that creating a seperate amateur forum will be the right move. I agree completely with TaiPan, that it will be pretty easy to define what contect would be considered amateur and what contect will be considered model. And I know there will still be people who screw that up and post in the wrong place and I do understand that it will fall on the moderators to clean it up.

With that being said, Phun keeps getting more and more members every day and more and more people start posting as well. To reduce the amount of work falling onto the mods to keep this place running clean, perhaps there should be some more people put into moderator positions. I think this can only help. How many are needed, I really have no idea, but it does sound like a couple more are needed. Especially with some (who will remain nameless, but know who they are) saying that they need to stop spending time posting to devote time to mod duties. I think it's possible to have your cake, and eat it too.

And with people voicing concerns that the big threads that have been created won't be getting as much attention, then I think the "sticky" idea is great. They will always stay at the top of the page for everyone to see.

Anyways, thats my thoughts so far...

2. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

hmmmm,i know this site,and when i look there at your membership i see that you have round 5.88 posts per day,more than 95%of the members from phun have.so,can it be so bad then???

the next point is,you only talk about that you are getting less views,less comments,what about the posters in the model forum buddy,like river,slayer,br,eg,etc.????

and at least i think you dont have to sorrow about your views and posts because your the master of the "bump" ;-)

3. Sancho

Sancho The Amateur God ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Were you referring to me TaiPan? I don't think I've ever bumped my own thread.

4. DirtyItaly

DirtyItaly The Don of Amateurs

Are you refering to me.... cuz if you are then we have a problem....

5. You haven't ... I don't think he's referring to you ......

6. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

well... looks like a thread like this was needed somehow...
    but i´m not sure if all issues could be "solved" at once...

7. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

no,i was definetelly not referring to you sancho,you know from my pm's how i like your work!!!

8. DirtyItaly

So was it me you were refering to....?

9. Taipan

why should we have a problem??that would be crazy....you appreciate my work here,i see at your posts, and i yours,you see at my comments,i tryed to help you with another thing(you only know,it didnt worked,but i tried really)....we discuss about new things here on the board i'am pro,youre not
    so stay relaxed mate!!!

10. DirtyItaly

My friend I forgot about you helping me. Im sorry that I got on the defensive so quickly. My appologies (running low on sleep so a little cranky). No harm paisan.

11. biznatch

biznatch Getting busy since...199?

12. juicehead666

juicehead666

Gents, lets try to stay focused on the bigger problem at hand. Sounds like we are starting to knitpick, and if we are gonna start that, I am sure we would ALL be here all day typing problems.

13. Taipan

sorry,but biznatch,showed us one one of the main problems here.....thx for that man!

what the fuck do i have from this thread,its bullshit,if i make a 5 minute google search i found more pics of her!!!!

14. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

I still have the same concerns about what any changes would do to our model friends. They are and will continue to be the main difference between us and any other boards that ya'll may frequent. We take care of them, we "pimp" their sites and keep their threads clean and allow them to tease us with their pics. If we make too many forums and start making too many judgements on where this model goes, and that model goes, we loose the focus.

I think the answer is relatively simple and may be hard for a few members.........If we (the mods/admins) see threads that have obvious reposts, no forum value, have poor thread titles, provide no ability to search.......they should be trashed or moved.

Right now I see no reason why I (or another mod) couldn't delete at least two threads by the user that has posted his girlfriends tits in one thread, her puss in another and I think her ass in yet another. If he wants to post pics of his G/F, let him do it all in one thread. If he can't do that, he doesn't post. If "regular" members.......with say more than 100-200 posts, make new threads with nameless or unknown amateurs, we delete it. If they HAVE to post the pics, let them post the pics in specific threads that are already available.

I think it was Sancho that said maybe more mods would be the answer......NOT my decision obviously; however, I think we actually have a pretty good system going right now. Most of the time now ya'll see at least one mod online almost around the clock (hint....sometimes we are here and not seen :D ). The problem is not necessarily that we have too many "mod" duties to do, it's sometimes we try to make everyone happy at the same time. We see the "shit" posts go up on the board, and know that they won't get any many views and probably fewer replies, yet we let them stay. Many members throw stuff up on the forums just to watch their post count go up. I think if the "regular" members here just plain STOPPED replying to the shit posts, stopped giving them any reason to post more shit posts, then many will wither change the way they post, or stop posting at all.

I was surprised this last week (while I have not been posting myself) to see how many regulars here actually inadvertanty bump these shitty posts by complaining about them, or a few of out regular "spammy" members responding with "thx alot" or "nice pics", or "cute girl"..........just stop.

I'm trying not to call out any members here, but ya'll know who you are.....

15. juicehead666

juicehead666

No trying to throw gas on the fire, but i gotta vent a little. Ever since this became an "issue", now it seems all I see are stupid no name amatuer threads popping up and they are driving me crazy. I just went down the whole front page and made comments on all the "regulars" threads, just to bump them up, and within 15 minutes there are 6 amatuer threads ahead of them. This is gettin crazy. Or is it just me. Probably just me, so sorry for wasting your time, just had to vent.

16. ^^^
    Thanks for bumping my threads juice hehe. I think the best solution is to start a new, anyone can post, amateur thread. Have people post their shit there (unless it's a worthwhile, big, named set) ... one big thread can make searching and browsing easier, while keeping the forum less cluttered. I often used to do the same thing with my Selena Spice and Schoolgal threads; instead of starting a new thread for each set, one thread with solid updates keeps clutter down; so it could work for even more than amateurs.

17. DirtyItaly

I think that some of the guys with big amateur threads would have a problem with that :grin:

18. biznatch

biznatch Getting busy since...199?

I agree with EG, on that point, or if a few of the members are posting alot of material themselves to make there own thread in the same style as Sancho, DI and how EG posts some of his stuff.
    I feel guilty though specially as Slayer has a Girls of Brazil thread, that i really should have put my BdS stuff into one major post.

19. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

I don't really think that you BdS stuff is a problem like what we are talking about.....each of your threads is a different model, and you identify them. There isn't much difference if any from say my Masuimi or Valentina or Heather Carolin threads.

What I have concerns with is the reposting of existing material that OBVIOUSLY was not even looked at, regardless of names. If a member is THAT into amateurs, wouldn't they have already gone through all the BIG amateur threads we have. If they haven't then they are only interested in upping their post count or have no consideration of others..

20. DirtyItaly

Nice!