1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE Allison Mack alleged to be second in command of a violent sex cult

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Wadsworth, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Wadsworth

Wadsworth

This is one celebrity scandal I don't think anybody was expecting. Smallville's Allison Mack has been accused of leading an abusive sex cult that brands their members and holds dissenters hostage. The source is The Daily Mail, a gossip tabloid, but The New York Times wrote a story on this same cult last month without mentioning Mack's name. It's not in the article but several people have stated Kristen Kreuk introduced Mack to the cult leader sometime between 2004 and 2005. Whether or not Kreuk was also a member is unclear at this time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...allville-actress-second-command-sex-cult.html

tipitipitipi and J3scribe like this.
  2. chirken_doose

chirken_doose 15 Year Member

Literally what

Jack Tripper and Wadsworth like this.
  3. FoopyBalls

FoopyBalls

"Schneiderman’s prosecutors believe the strongest case against Nxivm could be based on the women who claim they were held down and branded against their will, leaving Raniere’s initials permanently scarred below their bikini line."
    Nothing says sexy like pulling down a womans underwear to find someone else's initials.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Wadsworth likes this.
  4. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

Well damn. That is... unexpected is one word that comes to mind? Just please tell me sweet Kristen isn't actually involved in this?:(

Def30 likes this.
  5. JulioRic

JulioRic

I like that The Daily Mail has caused this story to explode. Keith Raniere has always been a little suspicious with his self-help work always veering a bit into secrecy, but the depths that have been outlined by Frank Parlato have given harsh light into his life. It is one thing if he just convinces a number of women to join his harem because he is their spiritual leader, or if he can convince wealthy heiresses to give him millions. If they don't see a problem with it, there isn't much that can be done. The controlling nature that he supposedly employs, and now this whole branding reveal will hopefully get more journalists and law enforcement to look into things.

Raniere often employs the Church of Scientology's tried and true method of suing any journalist who dares write about him (and being clever enough to sue the writer rather than publication to improve his chances of winning and suppressing material). Parlato, from his time working with Raniere, and speaking with former members of NXIVM and its affiliates includes allegations of fraud, abuse and sex with underage girls among others. Parlato clearly has an agenda, and that makes it easy to be suspicious of what he says, but the narrative between his dozens of articles doesn't have a lot of cracks in it, and a lot matches both internally and with the few outside reports that other, more accredited outlets, have published.

CelebLover1 and Wadsworth like this.
  6. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

Just as a heads-up, the Daily Mail literally lies quite a lot. They have a proven track record for lying about, as an example, anthropogenic climate change, in which they will cite a source and then directly oppose what that source says in the (correct) belief that their readers will never check it.

A little scepticism would be wise here, at least until there is confirmation from a source that is...less shit.

7. FoopyBalls

FoopyBalls

8. quelargo1976

quelargo1976 15 Year Member

So she's in a sex cult, and all we have gotten were the crap nudes from her Marilyn movie? That sucks.

Owney, CpTkurk, chirken_doose and 2 others like this.
  9. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Whatever rocks her boat and makes her happy.

10. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

An S&M pyramid scheme?

AlexisWhen likes this.
  11. havewelost

havewelost

Actually the first major publication to pick up this story was The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/nyregion/nxivm-women-branded-albany.html

arandomguy likes this.
  12. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I find this terribly sad. I often wonder how parents can fail so miserably by raising children so vulnerable to predation. I and my siblings (a brother and three sisters) were raised from an early age not to take shit from bullies and thugs and to question the motives of anyone who thought they were above everyone else. We were raised to be independent and skeptical of all of life's bullshit. I hope this guy and his minions get tossed into a shithole and left there to rot. I loathe predators of human weakness.

13. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

It was partly reported there first. The Daily Mail version features additional bits and pieces that are similar to how they typically embellish things, to put it lightly.

I'm not saying they're definitely lying - just suggesting that they haven't earned the right to be taken at their word for it.

14. vgfan

vgfan

I get you but this whole thing is a bit of an open secret. A member here even mentioned Mack in relation to this cult during the summer.

CelebLover1 likes this.
  15. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

I don't think you can lay this at the feet of parents, at least not completely. Some people are just vulnerable.

16. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

But isn't it something of s stretch to go from mentioning someone "in relation" to this thing to " Smallville's Allison Mack has been accused of leading an abusive sex cult"[emphasis added]?

This is the kind of thing the DM has a reputation for: kernels of truth wrapped in falsehoods, so that people are more likely to believe the falsehoods when they hear corroboration for the true bits. People tend to think of a source as either valid or not, and seldom break up that same source into parts that are valid and parts that are baseless. Surely you'd acknowledge how insidious this can be, since forums like this are routinely presented with fakes and legit-but-clothed pics in the same named folders? Same principle.

17. J3scribe

Well, no. Society is to blame for allowing such repugnant people exist. If you see someone branding another person with their initials you don't stand idly by and allow it to continue. You call the cops, that's common sense. Unfortunately, common sense is something that's taught. If you don't possess common sense then that means someone dropped the ball in your youth, and that someone is generally a parent.

Paul Christopher likes this.
  18. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

But it's not always that simple. Especially in a cult environment, calling the cops would be the furthest thing from your mind. At the forefront would be ensuring your standing within the group, and pleasing the leader(s).

And like we're seeing with all these Hollywood scandals, the equation is not as simple as "Someone violates me = Call the cops". For many, it's a choice between speaking up and having a career.

19. CelebLover1

CelebLover1

I'm dubious. Yes there's ample evidence Allison has been close to Raniere (she talks about him on her site and twitter, but not recently).

There's a lot more where that came from on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMWvfA27XqQFsqQXAFIJnmQ

Yes there's ample evidence the branding rituals did happen. https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/xwaaxd/why-i-joined-a-secret-society-that-branded-me

But what we don't appear to know factually is how far down the rabbit hole Allison went. Being an associate of Raniere and his wishywashy "self improvement" schemes is one thing; actually rising to be a leader and master controller is another. It all seems to be based on the frankreport site (certainly an entertaining evening read.)

Look through her Instagram. There's nothing crazy, no promoting Raniere's schemes, she's not cut-off from society or friends and family. She draws inspiration from all sorts of people, things, places and books.

[​IMG]

I've learned how to enjoy lying in a hammock. Sitting and being with me. Enjoying the sun and hearing the wind... it is enough.... #peace #nourishment #soulfood #summerlove

But hopefully she speaks up soon, she can't ignore this until it fades away can she?
    Perhaps the real question Allison needs to answer is the classic "How much did she know?"

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  20. J3scribe

Acting is not a career one must pursue in order to earn a living. In fact, most people fail at it. If you remain mute after being humiliated because you don't want to miss your shot at fame and fortune, then you're not entirely blameless. I've had men try to sexually assault me on 3 separate occasions and each one of them regretted their actions. I won't be bullied. I may get my ass kicked but I won't be going to the hospital alone.

Kalamity likes this.