1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

alternative to rapidshare/imageshack/..

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by wtfazzhole, Aug 20, 2005.

1. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

2. Florian

Florian

ok..

:wink: NEW FEATURES: :wink:
    *max file-size now 50MB
    *ZIPed galleries!!! (must register a free account!)
    *files are no longer renamed when downloading!

3. Florian

Florian

ofcourse lisa ;-) and I thank you for it...

don't worry about the server... look at the first page of this thread.. I posted the server specs (its dedicated).. try to kill it :) hehe..

I would be very nice of you if you could suggest KMF on your forum ;-)
    I'm trying to promote my site the much as possible..

4. Florian

Florian

Thumbnails will look better now..
    I have optimized the algorithm...

if anyone is unhappy with any function of the site!! please spam me with it!

5. Lisa Denton

Lisa Denton

I just posted a thread in the vid vault "Tyra Misoux lesbian 8/21/05 (KMF)"

Watch for feedback or for Tommy to kill the thread if he don't like it, I did DL the vid myself before posting, with my DL manager it was my max 157 KB/S DL speed of the 38 meg file. I also posted the screencaps on your site.

I will tell people on my forum, what I need to know to do that:
    How many DL's per hour limit?
    Are rar files the ones I need the free sign-up to do?
    If so, do the people DL'ing also going to have to sign-up to DL rar files?
    Will you repeat hosted for 40 days after last DL? Correct?

6. Phun Fan

Phun Fan

Downloaded Lisa's post @ 110kb/s. I don't use anything to speed up my downloads, and 110 is pretty typical.

Uploaded 14MB in 10min
    Uploaded 49.5MB in 30min

7. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

I just uploaded a zip file, 14,781,373 bytes in 8 minutes. The only code I received was the following: "http://www.keepmyfile.com/?dl=504"
    I then checked my e-mail looking for codes for the individual pics, but didn't see them anywhere. The filename was YoSungHi03.zip and contained 54 jpg files. I downloaded the zip using Free Download Manager and top speed was 190 kbps (resume not supported).
    Are we supposed to receive individual thumbnail codes after uploading a Zip file? Or do we still need to upload individual pics?

8. Oblivious

Oblivious

If it was a .zip full of pics, the code should have been on that main blue page where you started uploading the zip...as long as you were uploading it in the "upload zip with pictures here" page - that's the one only accessible if you register as a member, and login everytime you visit that page.

As soon as you do, it should say something about uploading your zip full of pictures here, and as soon as it's done, it'll extract all the pictures and post the code for them. Try again, make sure you logged in.

P.S. Uploading the zip as a zip file, and uploading the zip for individual pictures is two separate things, and two different pages, the later you must register for and login to do.

9. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

I'll try it again, thanks. I must have not been signed in the last time. I got the codes with the zip file logged in as a member.

10. petal

petal

Hi Florian just posted this in response to a thread by Lisa about your service -

DL was good - i don't have a great connection as i share bandwidth with four other computers through a wireless router and were all busy working, downloading and uploading -

but in comparison to normal performance on my connection and machine using say Rapidshare i'd say it was just as good, though it doesn't seem to handle multiple downloads as well.

That said.... I'm not too bothered about speed... just whether i get it or not

Nice service you have x

11. Florian

Florian

thank you all ;-) you are great guys.. have found a bunch of bugs until now because of your reports!

I will update the FAQ of the site tommorow (in about 18 hours from this post on) filled with your concerns/questions and usibilty-problems

I also will rewrite some of the text on the main site so things are more clear to users..

what do you guys think?

What info were you missing the most?

12. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

13. Florian

Florian

KMF had some problems (from scripterrors in the members-area to creation of thumbnails of huge pictures)

All known bugs have been removed..
    Links to files have changed..
    They will nook like this for example:
    http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/46c6272849
    [​IMG]

Btw.. all currently availible functions will stay free (ad-supported)
    No bandwidth-limitations, timers, maxium downloads...

14. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

I posted a thread at http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=49185 and there were 50 pictures. Shortly after I posted it there were only 31 of the thumbnails showing, but right now it shows all 50. However, when you open a full-size picture, then right-click to "save file as...", it shows all filenames as "pic.jpg.php.jpe" instead of the original filename.
    I love the feature to upload a zip file to extract the thumbnail links, but I had to upload the file twice, signed in as a member to use the thumbnail feature, and then once as a non-member to get the code for the zip file. Is there a way to get both codes with just one upload?

15. Florian

Florian

Your problem will be soled within the next hour!
    Normal files (not pics) already have that function.. just forgot about the pics..

sorry..

Also sorry for the downtime yesterday! The server is new.. so is the site.. File security has been enhanced (older downloads still may use original linking code). In addition the mysql-server shut down because of some curious problem (later that night (local time).. we enhanced primary server security and server runtime ensurance..

regards

16. spyder128

spyder128

florian-
    just wanted to say, thanks..I love the u/l time...and the d/l time is even better. thanks and keep up the good work.

17. Oblivious

Oblivious

One more bug!

I accidentally uploaded too many files...it told me so, and that the rest would be ignored.

Then it didn't show me the code for the files, just that they'd been archived!

Might wanna look into that. ;)

18. Florian

Florian

thank you..

fixed..

btw.. there is support on MSN-messenger ;-) keepmyfile(a)hotmail(d)com

19. TheRiver

maybe florian / keepmyfile could think about bying over rapidshare....?
    btw - the pic-zip-upload works fine, it would be perfect if the pics would show up in the correct order, not vice-versa

20. Florian

Florian

how do they not show up in correct order?
    I will go biking today.. but in the evening I will work on the member sections again.. the paid members section with extra functino also is almost finished..

I have also noticed that some browsers have problems displaying thumbs when there are no line breaks -> the window will be very wide..

should I add a line break after every 3rd pic? or make it the user's choice?