1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

alternative to rapidshare/imageshack/..

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by wtfazzhole, Aug 20, 2005.

1. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

started using this feature for caps on some vid-threads, zipped the pics from 000 to 00x and they show up from 00x to 000 - not a real problem, but would be nice but if that could be fixed

line-breaks: in general that might be fine if you manage to realize a certain scree-size the pics will show in thread, otherwise the window-size will be depending on the pic-size...regardless of line-break after 3/4/5 pics - guess you´ll do it right, though :)
    enjoy biking

2. Florian

Florian

3. Florian

Florian

Sorry that it took so long.. I really had a lot of stuff to do..
    This problem is fixed for all jpegs now..
    I still have to work on it for gifs..

Also a normal file upload (not for extracting images) will be added to the members section by this night..

I have of off 'zivildienst' tomorrow.. so I will be sticking arround infront of the PC all night..
    I will go out to eat now.. cu all later

i hope you enjoy the service.. any bugs/questions.. just pm me ;-)

4. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

just done this - http://phun.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51476 - very nice feature, this zipped-pics-upload - ever thought about simultaniously giving a link for the zip-file?
    normally i post only some samples and a link to the complete set, because at least for me it´s rather annoying to click each pic and save it to disk... and zivildienst sounds german in a way :)

5. Florian

Florian

there have been a couple of request for geting the zip and or file codes..
    I might work on this within the next view days.. but I also must keep in mind that the more pages are viewed the higher my income is.. if click rates do increas a lot I will do this.. but for now I will leave it as it is..

'Zivildienst' is a german word.. but I'm from Austria ;-)
    Zivildienst = instead of military if you choose not to serve with a gun.. takes 12 months instead of 8 and you have to work in a hospital / food service / mental institutes or in a old people's home as I do..
    Its work that I dont like and ofcourse you get a tiny ammount of money.. 314€ a month.. and the government expects that I can live of that.. I have bills up to 1000€ a month.. you can do the math.. :-(

6. gwbigfoot

gwbigfoot

Thank you and keep up the good work. I hope you're having phun doing it.