1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else getting this error?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Gingerfish, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Gingerfish

Gingerfish

"Prefetching is not allowed due to the various privacy issues that arise."

This error comes and goes but I never got it on the old forum. I don't even have prefetch on! I only get it if I try to access page 2. Page 1 or 2-999999 are not effected! :(

2. rankxeros

rankxeros ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

They are working on this issue. In the mean time I think to clear your cookies will solve your problem.

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

imho prefetching is "bullshit" - it just generates unneccessary internet-traffic and uses disk-space.

for Firefox:
    for Chrome:

http://www.technipages.com/google-chrome-disable-prefetch.html

jslice123 and S-type like this.
  4. Gingerfish

Gingerfish

Thanks guys!

5. infinitey

infinitey

Still getting this error. This new forum has been all trouble since the first day.

As simple as that tweak is, I'm not doing it just to read phun. Especially since prefetch is enabled by default and I've turned off third-party cookies.

6. Formula_1

Formula_1 Tame Racing Driver ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Yeah I'm still getting the error message also even after doing the fix River suggested.

7. Alfpod

Alfpod

8. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

changed the "link handling" a bit and talked with the hoster about this issue - pretty interested to get to know if things got better.

9. Alfpod

Alfpod

It is happening to me again! Weird!!

10. laysen

laysen

I get this problem again,so weird. even I fix this out.