1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Ban Sharingmatrix-Yes or No-Vote Here!!!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by PbloggerKing, Jul 12, 2010.

?

Do you want that Sharingmatrix gets banned from phun?

1. Yes ban Sharingmatrix as fast as possible!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No keep Sharingmatrix even if the board is getting spammed!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Replace Sharingmatrix with another host!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadzia

Jadzia

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Get them outa here!! Every time I try to download, I get a 10min wait. Once that's done I then get a 9min 59 secs wait and so on.... I've waited through a few of these countdowns and every time it's always 10 mins for the first one, then just a few seconds short of 10mins for all the others following.

Sorry if this getting to be a rant. Dump em!!

2. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is b/c cashposters have no connection to a forum in and of itself. They drop as many posts as are allowed then move onto the next forum. They do not ever visit their posts again, they only check their SM accounts to see how many clicks they have accumulated.

Cashposters read the the forum page for the rules and that's it. When SM gets banned they'll still be posting until they get banned, like every forum they have destroyed.

3. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

I assure you that there will be no destruction of phun robo. ;)
    The use of the two new hosts was/is a trial run. We knew going into this that we'd most likely acquire posts, and post attempts from the dregs that surface from all the dark corners of teh interwebs. These hosts were approved for use due to the fact that you guys felt we didn't have enough variety/choice at your disposal for upping your stuff, and the ongoing drama with RS came into play as well. If you guys aren't happy, and posting, phun ceases to exist. End of conversation.

This thread hasn't gone unnoticed, and based on the voting results in the poll, it appears that a landslide majority of you would like to see SM gone.

As that is the case, I'll bring it up for another review with the admins, and we'll go from there.

It may on occasion not seem like it, but we "reds" are here to keep you guys happy, and to perpetuate the phun community. That's what it's all about after all. ;)

Cheers bitches. ;) :beerchug:

The Crusader, TontoMo, dttb3 and 6 others like this.
  4. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

If Salty says it, I say we can bank it. :tup:

5. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

It's not really an issue for me. I tried to grab a few clips on SM and the just insist on more browser violations than I will allow. I see no reason to allow all my open tabs headers to be redirected to an unknown destination just to get 1 file from this host. byebye, I'd rather go without.

X-Spectre likes this.
  6. aaa800

aaa800

Just a side observation:

As of this moment it appears that 137 (+18) members would like to see SM gone. We have over 250k members in total here and over 30k with at least 2 posts and around 15k members with 10 or more posts, so we can honestly say that less than 1% of active users want it gone. Doesn't look like a landslide :) Not to mention "traitors" who not only actively download from SM, but as outrageous and embarrassing it is to acknowledge, dared to purchase premium accounts there.

7. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

we use it on another board and it seems to work fine, half the stuff is from that provider.
    i use the free version, its crap but its also free.
    donno why its such a shit storm of a problem here

but i will say i do not have an account with them and will not use them.
    and having to many DL er's means that people simply will not DL from this or that provider.

redeemer27 likes this.
  8. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

And of those huge numbers you mentioned, how many are 'active' members?? The ones who post ANYTHING or at least anything anyone wants to look at? I'm willing to bet that there are less than 1000 members who post anything on a weekly basis, much less a daily basis (outside of the spammers), and I have to tell you that those who DO post here often are the backbone of Phun and the reason it is what it is, so amongst 'active' forum members, I'd say it's clear which way the wind is blowing.

iloveanal likes this.
  9. aaa800

aaa800

Actually it's a difficult question, for example there's always a layer of silent readers, who don't post much, but visit forum every day. Then again like I said, content's quality problem is solvable with proper moderation and strict rules. Judging by the number of views and downloads I'd say all technical issues can be solved as well.

10. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I think Phun should ban everything that involves people earning cash on peoples' clicks. :2cent:

11. Gwyndster

Gwyndster

To show I'm not biased, I have accounts with Hotfile, Rapidshare and SharingMatrix/Filesonic.
    The only one that I have found reasonably reliable is Rapidshare, I've currently been waiting an hour for Hotfile to download an 88.2 MB file and it's got 16 minutes to go :-(. Last week every file I tried to get from SharingMatrix got to 99% and then failed.
    I can't comment on people using it for money/points, I don't care what they use it for so long as 1 They don't repost what's already available, 2 They don't fill the file with unnecessary crap, 3. They use a reliable host.

12. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Hell, i jumped through the myriad hoops to grab a sharingmatrix clip a couple minutes ago. After all the bullshit, the fucking server is "down for maintenance". I cant help but note, the notice didnt come until AFTER the shitload of trackers/webbugs/clickthrus had already been submitted, THEN it failed. :?

It might as well be urlca$h or something.

Don't just ban it. Burn it.

Nonohari and X-Spectre like this.
  13. holecard

holecard Guest

I have become dumb-founded! Never in my life would I have believed that Cayne and the Mods who run this forum would take such a stand on an issue that is so clear! No way can you run a forum, nor be a mod on a forum with such an out cry of complaints, and sit silently doing nothing. I sure wish that if you guys are going to keep this non-sense going, you would at least have the balls to come in the thread(at least daily and let us know WHY!). The response have been overwhelming, and anyone would have to be "STUCK ON STUPID", not to realize that the loyal masses of Phun wants this piece of garbage banned! If your not going to ban it, PLEASE come to this thread and tell all of us to STFU! Then please delete this thread, and other threads in the forum that ask our opinion on the file host. For crying out loud, how long must you beat a dead dog! If you want to keep the host, just be up-front with it, and stop dicking with us all!

14. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

No one is dickng around with anyone, we are trying to come up with a positive solution, whether that includes removing SM as a host, implementing stricter posting guidelines, or some kind of vBulletin modification is still being debated.

The Mods are currently split on several proposed actions, I would hope that things would be handled in a more timely fashion, but getting all the Mods to discuss a topic, when we live in different locations around the world is not easy.

We all take a moment to read what is posted in here, you can be assured of that, but don't expect some kind of recurring update from us, you'll have to learn to live with what's going on until an official statement is made on the subject.

As much as you guys complain about SM, it doesn't compare to what we have to deal with, so stop riding our backs and let us do our jobs and deal with these issues as best we can.

Not all of these issues are SM problems as much as those who are posting with it, and that presents an entirely different and more complicated issue and solution for it.

It's also a shame this poll is not public, it would be nice to know who exactly voted for what

Edit:

The thing I'm getting tired of is all the BS posts be made in threads complaining about what host the user is using, that shit has to stop, if you don't like it, don't comment, or better yet, ask nicely and maybe, just maybe, the user will be kind enough to offer another host, and if not, then you know not to bother with posts by that user.

The Crusader and aaa800 like this.
  15. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

it's a landslide compared to the 17 who want to keep it. you can't assume all the others with however many posts want it kept, nor can you assume they want it gone. as such, the only reliable figures are those who voted, which was a landslide.

I don't see the point in keeping it, 10 minute wait for a file?! I can find it elsewhere and download it from hf or rs in less time!

yhoque and X-Spectre like this.
  16. arkadas

arkadas ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

stats for now

188 voters so far.
    This forum has 54000 posters who made atleast 1 post and 260000 registered members.
    This thread has 1,900 views. (started 07-12-2010)

Results so far
    Yes ban Sharingmatrix as fast as possible!​
    150 79.79%​
    No keep Sharingmatrix even if the board is getting spammed!​
    18 9.57%​
    Replace Sharingmatrix with another host!​
    20 10.64%​

I think this thread needs more attention. Maybe some of the members should place a link in their signatures

17. holecard

holecard Guest

Thanks for the response P4Ths. I understand that you guys live in different parts of the world. I also understand that it takes time to come to an agreement on issues to resolve a problem. Just understand that us users see all the talk, all the complaints, a landslide of votes, and then hardly ever hear back from any mods as to whether there were any progress made in the discussions(or even if the discussions are continuing). As to how often you guys give us an update on where you guys are at on the issue, I dont think its too much to ask that at least one of the mods post an update on progress without it lingering longer than a week. If thats too much to ask, I just sorry!

yhoque and Perfect4ths like this.
  18. demonspeedng22

demonspeedng22 Habitual line-stepper

With all due respect - then the mods shouldn't be telling the members that they are using listening to them, because they obviously aren't. If they were, it would have been taken care of a long time ago. You just said it yourself - you guys are listening to each other and trying to make a decision.

I'm an admin on a forum, and we ask the members opinions on decisions that effect them all the time. Without the members, there is no forum - that goes for all forums, and if you tell them you're going to listen to them you damn well better do it. Otherwise it turns into.......this

19. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Light My Way.. 15 Year Member

It's bad enough to have to wait ten minutes when you click a link, but to then be told you have to wait ten more.

Megaupload is much better if you don't like Rapidshare. So many good ones.

20. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Ya know.....I'm about done listening to this pissant whining about SM. This mod did in fact kick this issue back upstairs as he said he would to be reviewed by the admins. I don't give two shits what becomes of it, or you demon. If this place is troublesome for you, paddle your ass back to the boards you post on, and leave us to our own devices.

I said I'd kick it upstairs, and I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.