1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Ban Sharingmatrix-Yes or No-Vote Here!!!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by PbloggerKing, Jul 12, 2010.

?

Do you want that Sharingmatrix gets banned from phun?

1. Yes ban Sharingmatrix as fast as possible!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No keep Sharingmatrix even if the board is getting spammed!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Replace Sharingmatrix with another host!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

It's a response like this one that keeps Mods from responding, and until a decision is made, will keep me from responding further.

2. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Not all of us who want change are saying things like this P4, check out my response to Salty... If you guys say it's so, I for one believe it because you mods have always been straight with us before.

3. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

I find it rather curious that the one that's rather adament about keeping SM as a host is a fresh member as of July 2010. Coincidence? :rolleyes:
    This is the bullshit that myself, and the others speak to.

The Crusader and X-Spectre like this.
  4. aaa800

aaa800

Oh no, Captain, what an amazing disclosure, all this time I tried so hard to hide the fact that I'm using SM to post in Sexy Videos and all of a sudden I failed...

Jokes aside - my opinion and fact's interpretation could be biased, but not the fact itself, it's called formal logic

5. lazard

lazard ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

what he said. And I like how the answers are all biased towards banning SM, even the No option.

brothergrims likes this.
  6. spacemaverick

spacemaverick

7. waterloo

waterloo

I have a theory about sharingmatrix: I believe that almost all these new posts are in fact coming from filesonic themselves, using different names and different email addresses. I think they gathered a bunch of posts, like the rest of us, hundreds, if not thousands, and barraged the forum with new threads filled with obscure reposts. Why do I think this? Because all the new threads and all of the new posts started in the same month. Did Phun take out an ad in the New York Times telling the world they approved sharing matrix? Of course not. Its more than a little that odd all these new members all joined in June, 2010. If I were a file host and I wanted to increase revenue and market share, I would hire a couple of little gremlins to do just that all day long at $9per new subscriber.

8. asab

asab

Its not the host thats the problem its the posters, ban SM then they will use HF. I actually used SM and HF for a long time now and stopped using RS publically a long time ago, then when RS started deleting accounts I killed all my files.

I would defiantely close registrations, in truth I think this should have been done in the first place, limit megathreads(again even before people used these endlessly to repost), and just ban the offenders, other sites do this. But it does involve us reporting the posts rather than leaving it to Mods - that would be impossible.

Bottom line its the Mods who do the work(which I assume has gone up rapidly lol) and should be their decision. I will vote no to banning(Iuse it lol).

However a love and respect this place and would concede that if you want it like the old days then hosts like MU or MF are more akin to the philosophy of Phun. It makes me laugh people calling it to be banned but to keep HF(I guess they have one account but not the other) - thats hypocisy in the extreme.

My 2 Penneth for what its worth.

9. TFD001

TFD001

Personally, I don't have an account with either. I simply can't get files from shitmatrix because their damn timer constantly resets, whereas I can get them from Hotfile. That's my reasoning.

10. asab

asab

I have no problem at all, but use a dl manager which really for any host you are not premium is kind of common sense.

Truth is some hosts are fast in different regions, for me both SM and HF are similar speeds, but in US I think HF is faster for free users.

I stand by my point that its posters rather hosts, all hosts dl'ing as free is problematic. Thats the nature of the business, they want to sell premium accounts. You could argue that dl'ing a 300MB vid in 3 rars from MU or RS is a harder than dling a 1 clicker.

11. jonydew

jonydew

i m new her but my vote is sharingmatrix should be allowed but if our honrable mods thinks that that is spamming site then it should not be allowed

12. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun POLL STAR ★

Yes, and the horrid UpMyPhoto should go too!

I'm a ImageHaven and MegaUpload user, myself.

deepatsea3 and X-Spectre like this.
  13. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

I've downloaded a couple videos from SM in the past week and had no problems so I agree with the above.

14. TFD001

TFD001

I completely agree, which is why I use one too, JDownloader. And that doesn't work for me with shitmatrix either.

15. asab

asab

Does for me, it works for all hosts, and when hosts change their captcha to stop it(it is in their interests to do that lol) the J Downloader team updates most of the time in days.

:)

16. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

I use Internet download manager
    It can only DL from a single port for free but it's not to horribly slow

17. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Thank you very much for all the input guys,it's much appreciated.

We know we can not please everyone.

For now we will keep SM as an allowed filehost.

We simply can not run a forum as big as phun with only 1 or 2 big hosts.

Without Sharingmatrix & Hotfile we only had RS & MU as big hosters and that isn't enough.

Nothing is carved in stone,we permanently test other hosts and add them to our approved list or replace existing hosts if we see the need.

New rules are added,to solve the problems:

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=519707

Further discussions about filehosts:

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=507501

please help us to keep the forum clean and post rule violations in our issues thread:

http://forum.phun.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10

hefestus, firkinhell, Cy and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.