1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

bandwidth question?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by skeet_skeet_skeet, Jan 14, 2005.

1. skeet_skeet_skeet

skeet_skeet_skeet

Hey all, i was just wondering, for those that post pics in the babes forum, how much bandwidth do you usually go thru, for those that host on their own servers??? just wanted to know what i should expect so that i can keep my reg site up and running as well

TIA!

2. SlayerEC

SlayerEC

Depends on what your hosting, if its soemthin everyone wants, you get hit hard, if not, it aint so bad. lol

3. skeet_skeet_skeet

skeet_skeet_skeet

yeah that's what i figured, it doesn't seem too bad so far i suppose, i'll keep posting and tracking for the month and see what it is, but looks like i'll be fine w/ it, thnx for the reply

4. Mike Panic

Mike Panic

i used to own a free image hosting site and posted the link here on phun for all to use. i ended up selling the site because i couldnt find a good enough deal on a server based on my requirements and the income that was being generated by it

on an average day, my server hosting the free image hosting site was doing 120gb per day - yes thats 120 gigabytes per day of bandwidth. one day a series of luba pix got posted... that figure nearly doubled

5. sandino

sandino Jessica's Pimp

OUCH!!!...hahahahaha

6. cayne

cayne Guest

120gb is really a load. The website + galleries need between 30-50gb / day.