1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Begging for thanks and replies?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Jess4U, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jess4U

Jess4U

Has it come to that really?
    People stating that they'll post more pics in a thread if they get more "thanks" and "replies"?
    If your thread warrants a thanks you'll get it,don't beg or tease with the promise of more pics.
    If you have more pics just post them all!
    My :2cent:

2. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Sadly Jess, that seems to be standard/common practice on other boards. I'd like to think that phun won't be following suit, and I agree with your comments. ;)

3. linusnc

linusnc Short Pants White Boy ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I thank you both more rants please LOL

LOWJACK likes this.
  4. Salty Longshanks

Venting....it does a body good. :D

Cy and linusnc like this.
  5. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

But there is also the other side where many good posts dont get the thanks/replies they deserve....which is worse...

BostonRocks, babs7907, Cy and 6 others like this.
  6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I agree, but you should thank a RED at every opportunity

You never know when your life might depend on it

:D

7. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Yeah, like the entire Model Forum!

8. Salty Longshanks

Like beauty, methinks being worthy of/deserving thanks is in the eye of the beholder.

9. whoeverknows

whoeverknows Guest

LOL, couldn't agree more!

linusnc and Perfect4ths like this.
  10. linusnc

Agree w/ everything I I need to look in the model forum more :)

11. Gwyndster

Gwyndster

I agree that a lot, probably all, the posts in the model forum don't get the thanks that they deserve, however demanding thanks for more pictures is practically blackmail.

iamnothere and linusnc like this.
  12. Gwyndster

Gwyndster

On a side issue, if one posts a comment in response to a thread, should they thank as well, I always try to remember to thank the OP, or whoever I am replying to as well as replying.
    I there something in phunettiquete for this?

iamnothere and linusnc like this.
  13. Perfect4ths

Thank first, comment if you want to.

The comments keep a thread alive, but don't show the OP any calculable appreciation.

Gwyndster, iamnothere and linusnc like this.
  14. FaileyCyrus

FaileyCyrus Grande for Ariana

Well the "Thank" button is there for that, so basically, anyone who liked the post should take 1 second to hit this button.

Those who reply to the post, usually hit that button already, and any comment they add serve as bumping the post and shows extra appreciation, IMO.

iamnothere, mokkoriman and linusnc like this.
  15. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I think in dif areas of the forum' thanks' mean more than in others. There are some guys that post only material (vids and pics) and very few "spam" or random posts. With that in mind, and given that these things can be important to some and afford status, I think its cool. !!!

linusnc likes this.
  16. linusnc

You all on this thread got my thanks but I am a whore [​IMG]

17. whoeverknows

whoeverknows Guest

I agree, that's why I have more thanks given than posts

linusnc likes this.
  18. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I agree with most of what has been said - if a post is good enough to deserve thanks and praise, it will get it for the most part. Unlike other boards, Phun members have been pretty forthcoming when a post deserves attention.

That's also true, but pretty uncommon here. If a post doesn't start getting thanks or replies, that's a general sign that members here aren't interested in the post - that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad post. Learned long time ago that if you are expecting praise, then you won't get what you expect.

Alright off my soapbox, sorry for that... the Vicodin is kicking in :D

linusnc likes this.
  19. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

My hard and fast rule is: If I open a thread, I thank the OP unless there is something I feel is really egregious about the thread (ie, I didn't leave a thanks on a recent thread of Brittany Murphy nude scenes, I felt it was too soon and in poor taste and posted that thought and why I wasn't leaving a thanks). I leave the thanks whether I LIKE what's contained or not (excepting as above) because someone went to the trouble to post SOMETHING for our entertainment/edification. :2cents:

Cy, Celeste2525, linusnc and 3 others like this.
  20. iamnothere

iamnothere

well, there is one exception to that rule -- some people post for the hell of racking up points or whatever else and has never hit the thanks button once!

and i'm not talking about new members but people who have been around for years. it's not just in this forum but in other forums as well.

linusnc likes this.