1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Begging for thanks and replies?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Jess4U, Jan 16, 2010.

1. iamnothere

iamnothere

if i hadn't press the thanks button so much, i would like to put your theory to the test! :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

linusnc likes this.
  2. iamnothere

iamnothere

what exactly is your definition of "spam"?

is it synonymous with fun? killing time? having a good time?

linusnc likes this.
  3. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I used spam in the general sense. Like this that I am typing, it requires no effort and is just a comment. I used the word spam to draw a comparison with those whose every post contains pics, vids of programmes that require sourcing, downloading, uploading and posting.

iamnothere likes this.
  4. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I hate it. Tags saying don't forget to thank irritate the fuck out of me. If i see it i don't thank at all.

If i see a post with an actual image with an arrow pointing to the thanks button then i close the post.

Cy, bartap74, essential and 2 others like this.
  5. iamnothere

iamnothere

would reverse psychology work on you?

let's see.

no need to thank me for this! enjoy!
    .​

MooseKnuck likes this.
  6. MooseKnuck

MooseKnuck

well i understand all that has been said but if im posting my entire collection of pics then i EXPECT to get a thanks, im not going to waste my time on something that nobody wants to see, sooooo since JESS is talkin about me and my post saying as soon as i get 50 thanks ill post more pics, id like to say DONT LOOK AT MY THREADS plain and simple.

i always hit thanks when i see a thread i like, if i dont like i dont hit thanks.

so as soon as 50 people like the thread they get more!

7. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

That's the wrong attitude, share because you want to share, not because 50 people click the thanks button.

Jammsbro, MarkyMark1971 and MileHigh like this.
  8. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the fuck?????:mad:

9. Hamsterslapper

Hamsterslapper erogenous nipples

I agree. If someone begs for thanks then they don't get it from me.

I leave a comment on the posts I like because a comment keeps the thread alive; thanks alone don't. If I download something the guy posted and it's fap-worthy, I'll leave a thanks and a comment.

Jammsbro likes this.
  10. Jammsbro

Totally wrong attitude.

Would you quit posting at phun if the thanks option was removed? We didn't used to have one and it ran fine then.

I've post plenty of threads where no-one has commented or i've maybe only gotten one or two thanks. It doesn't matter about it at all. I enjoy posting sets and like to share.

People get thanks far more now than they did even a year ago. So why peop-le should EXPECT to be thanked is beyond me, you should be gracious people thanked you.

11. iamnothere

iamnothere

^ reverse psychology didn't work on Jammsbro!, so i'm unreversing the psychology

Jammsbro!, please remove your thanks from my post above.

12. iamnothere

iamnothere

most people post because they like to share and/or they like a lot of big numbers in their stats and/or to break free from being cayne's slave.

if we were to remove the thanks button, the people who truly want to share will continue to do so. and if you want to give thanks, then you would have to type it out.

whatever the case, i still gotta eat, shit, jackoff and sleep the same. my status in this forum or any others doesn't make the bitches want me more in real life.

fuck, what can you really do with your status and title from a forum?

having said all that, it's nice to be appreciated but asking for thanks doesn't make your dick get any bigger, your ego maybe, but what the fuck are you going to cash all your thanks in for?

Celeste2525 and Jammsbro like this.
  13. MooseKnuck

MooseKnuck

lol no you should be gracious someone posted something you liked!

Jammsbro likes this.
  14. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

i only hit the thanks button when i want to no because somebody wants me to or because alot already have done it. Ooc i'm glad someone posts pictures but it's not needed to thank every post on the forum it woud be a daily job then. Happends often enough that i thank someone in a comment but don't hit the button

15. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

At the expense of opening myself
    to snide remarks from certain phunners;)
    we people from East extend and expect grasciousness in routine:p

iamnothere likes this.
  16. bartap74

bartap74 ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

See? If I was king, this would be a banable offense.

iamnothere likes this.
  17. northpark

northpark

i'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

i love getting thanks whenever i post sigs in the creative backyard, but would never ever consider something along the lines of "first person to thank me in 10 posts gets a sig!" or "keep hitting that thanks button if you want sigs!!!"

the very idea seems ridiculous.

iamnothere and MileHigh like this.
  18. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

It's not, but it does put you on my radar.

19. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

On other (shit) forums, random comments like 'sweet' or :wank: are discouraged and it is actually the mods that encourage hitting thanks rather than 'pointless' comments.

There is some merit to that in the celeb and models forums for example.

20. Jammsbro

In my short time at phun i've seen what happens as far as thread posting goes (in celebs at least) there are usually three or four heavyweights who are the backbone of the forum and the majority of threads are started by them. Then there are the regular thread starters who start threads almost every day and a couple of times a week manage a really good bundle of threads. Then we get the sporadic thread starters who post when they see a new set, get inspired or stumble upon something they just have to share. All of these types of thread starters are needed and essential to phun and having a wide body of people actively sharing is part of it's appeal.

What also happens is the rotation of contributors on a regular basis. Heavyweights tend to post for longer periods, months and months on end before having a break. Regulars tend to post for shorter periods before having a longer break and another regular will step in and post. This happens almost unconsciously and is also essential but i've seen it happen and continue to happen.

My point being is that all of these guys who post would continue to do so if absolutely no-one was thanking their posts. They know that replies in their threads show how much their posting is appreciated and also by "word of mouth" on the board. Thanks are a nice bit of phun and all that but they are not essential and shouldn't be the reason for posting at all. :)

iamnothere, Cy, MileHigh and 2 others like this.