1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Backyard - Open Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by GBTG, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

haha tell me about it, i only started using them this year! they're incredibly powerful tools. great for doing cutouts etc because you don't lose any of the original image, you just make it not visible. if you ever want to bring any of it back, you just paint in some white!

Ingus likes this.
  2. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

You can save the time of masking by just creating a clipping mask (right click the brush-layer and select clipping mask) it'll only affect the layer directly under it. ;)

Ingus and Lukin like this.
  3. helium

helium .

Ingus and Xkilcher like this.
  4. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Why is there a new (useless) open thread created for walls. :confused:

I thought the long running Phunners Original and/or Celebs and Models Collages already covered that.

Ingus and kaos42000 like this.
  5. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Every now and then my photoshop resets to the defaults. Anyone know why this is and how to stop it?

Ingus likes this.
  6. Jammsbro

Ingus and Merlin like this.
  7. Lukin

just moved this post from the Redux thread, figured this is a more suitable place and would be good to finally get and keep this thread going!

Jamms posted in Sigs Redux that he tried to get an 'instagram' style effect, but couldn't. this is the process i use for getting the sort of effect i believe he means.

[​IMG]

i do it a lot using a method i learned a few years ago using a Curves adjustment layer. if you haven't used adjustment layers before, basically its like applying an effect to a layer, only the effect sits in it's own layer and affects every layer below it. you can also apply a mask to it so the effect is only visible in certain parts of the canvas. the adjustment button is at the bottom of your layer panel (PS) and looks like a half eclipsed moon. click on that and select curves. then in the adjustment window (you may have to select this from your window drop down menu) it'll default to RGB and show you a graph with a diagonal line. click where it says RGB and select each colour individually and make the curves look like the image below (this is a composite image, you only see one colour graph at a time).

[​IMG]

this makes colours more/less intense in light/dark areas. most notably you get blue creeping into your shadows and skin takes a slightly yellowy tone which helps with the 70s retro style. tweaking the curves will give you all sorts of different results, varying from image to image. the beauty of adjustment layers is nothing's permanent so you can alter settings further down the line. you can also reduce the opacity of the effect just like you'd reduce the opacity of a layer, and it makes the effects less visible.

once you're happy with that, try adding a bit of noise to the image. lower the contrast to flatten the image slightly, and another good tip is to open up the 'levels' window from Image > Adjustments and on the output levels (0 and 255 by default) pull both ends in a bit. this takes away your extremes of light and dark, so your blacks become a bit greyer and washed out, and your whites won't be so extreme. this again adds to flattening the image slightly.

Ingus, Jammsbro and helium like this.
  8. helium

helium .

u can also make a blue layer above your image put it on Exclusion and opacity 25%

[​IMG]

Ingus, Jammsbro and Lukin like this.
  9. Lukin

great quick little tip helium. i like using images as textures as well, clouds on blue sky works really well, usually set to Screen, but nearly always needs some editing to make it work properly. if you look at my current sig, the texture on the orange bar is mainly from clouds

Ingus, Jammsbro and helium like this.
  10. Jammsbro

The phun blue B/g colour is #fafafa

handy and quite funny :)

Ingus likes this.
  11. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Anyone can recommend a software for erasing water marks from pics?
    Thanks

Ingus likes this.
  12. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Photoshop or Gimp

Ingus and apels1nen like this.