1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS Demi Lovato Heroin Overdose...?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by beruud, Jul 24, 2018.

1. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

Opiates like morphine and diamorphine are produced in large quantities because they're needed in large quantities. Around half of all people in the developed world develop cancer at some point, and morphine and its derivatives are used fairly widely as part of many treatments.

Ease of access isn't the issue either, as illegally-obtained diamorphine is literally identical to any hospital-administered dose, assuming the user is sensible about that dose. The problems come when people not only obtain these substances, but then poison them with other substances in order to better profit from them, as well as from those who don't know safe doses.

If these drugs were legalised and controlled by, say, the NHS, most deaths from them would halt, as they would be no different from the pure substances used for medical reasons. All that would be left is overdoses, which could also be better prevented if use was controlled by a health service.

TL;DR - don't blame the drugs, blame the people who mix them with random other stuff so they can sell more, as well as the people refusing to legalise and control them like tobacco and alcohol.

2. vgfan

vgfan

Exactly. It'd be like banning hand sanitiser because alcoholics wander into hospitals and literally drink the stuff to appease their addiction. It's not sustainable to ban a substance just because some people misuse it for its intended purpose and ruin the lives of others.

robbeef likes this.
  3. foz1972-1

foz1972-1

It's the doctors that are causing the problem. Oxycontin serves a purpose and if prescribed correctly, poses no threat.

MrConnoisseur and robbeef like this.
  4. mitchrocks

mitchrocks Dave Gettlemans Executioner ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Listen, I feel for the girl, I really do, but let's not forget the big issue here- she is a drug addict, she willingly put this shit into her own body. Now, once she recovers, and I certainly hope that she does, the media and all the rest of Hollywood are going to put this poor girl on a pedestal. She is not the champion, she is no ones hero, she is a recovering drug addict that almost put herself into an early grave. Once she recovers from her self inflicted OD, she needs to cooperate with local law enforcement to put the scumbags that sold her this shit are put in chains. Anything less than that and there will be no fucking lesson learned here.

5. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

But if not prescribed it can cause a real big threat. And don't forget, heroin, which was invented by the Bayer Company (the folks who brought you asprin), used to be a prescribed drug. Today's artificial opiates are much stronger than heroin is. Plus they're highly addictive so the potential for abuse is strong. And when it comes to drug addiction, more is better. Until you're lying in a coma.

6. J3scribe

7. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

It is, very eerie as well which has led to plenty of theories of it being supernatural, a curse, etc. IDK, no one does really, but it seems like there are far too many for it to be mere coincidence.

As far as Demi; she turns 26 next month, so she's not there yet. But I have a bad feeling in regards to her. FYI, I am somewhat of a fan even though my music tastes are usually much heavier. But she is very talented and has put out good pop music, I have respect for her as an artist even if it's not my favorite genre. But she has a lot of demons; she had been sober for 6 years but admitted just last month that she had fallen off the wagon, even put out a song about it which is creepy in a way due to the video showing among other things someone being loaded into an ambulance(Already have seen some saying she knew or predicted what was going to happen to her). She cancelled a few tour dates overseas around the time due to supposed vocal injury, had unfollowed and basically gotten rid of many people who had been a part of her recovery over the years, and at her last performance just a few days prior apparently forgot some of the words to her own song. She may have fallen into the trap of thinking she could get away with using various substances in moderation, which if you're an addict is just not possible. Or her many personal demons(bipolar, depression, self harm, the works) simply combined with too heavy a workload and other personal life issues(relationship or lack there of) and caused her to go off. There are some that think this was a suicide attempt by her, too many details are still sketchy or being countered with opposite statements(it's not even official now that it was heroin). The only thing that is for sure is she overdosed on something and could have died and that she is currently in the hospital in stable condition(which doesn't automatically mean she is doing good). I still worry that this is not going to have a happy ending:(

J3scribe likes this.
  8. J3scribe

It may seem like coincidence to people who are unfamiliar with the law of averages. There's 7 billion people on the planet, and billions who have already perished. That little list is well within reason. If you created a list naming everyone who died at age 27, regardless of their notoriety, the list would be miles long.

RaiderCane and Sonicboom like this.
  9. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

It's pure selection bias. Compare the number of famous people who die at 27 to the number who don't die at 27 and watch the latter absolutely dwarf the former.

https://www.bmj.com/press-releases/...e-famous-musicians-retrospective-cohort-study

10. Kyle83

Kyle83

I think Robert Johnson started the 27 club. It may have been related to the deal he made with the devil.

If the devil is involved, then statistics are irrelevant.

RaiderCane likes this.
  11. vgfan

vgfan

I'd go further.

We all know she has bipolar disorder, so that can't help but we also all know about Disney stars being abused, going back decades. It's why I feel a lot of the shit Selena Gomez, Bella Thorne and Ariel Winter have done since their Disney stuff is more them going off the rails because of a possible incident they witnessed/experienced back then, like other abuse victims who go a little nuts as a coping mechanism.

I don't think Demi is like Britney and going through drugs because of her mental health issues or societal pressure as a celebrity known worldwide from a young age, it's something more.

Yeah, I agree with this. Some died due to excess, others because they were in physical pain and happened to be that age when they killed themselves (in the case of Kurt Cobain). There's really nothing in this "27 Club".

RaiderCane and J3scribe like this.
  12. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Do Not Disturb Ten Years of Phun

Eh, I don't know who this chick is nor really care. I know that heroin is extremely addicting though and once you start that shit you never get off.
    Funny thing is, after a while addicts don't even get high anymore, they have to keep taking more and more so they don't have painful withdrawals.
    Eventually they go to rehab, proudly tell everyone they're clean, then get right back on heroin because now they can get high again. How fucked up is that?
    I have no sympathy for opioid addicts, those drugs are for relieving pain, not for getting high. Lucky for them OD'ing on heroin is a very peaceful death.

13. merlin _marduk

merlin _marduk

10 yrs ago I had a shoulder replacement done. During the surgery they unintentionally starved my radial nerve of blood and irreparably damaged it. The pain was indescribable. For 2 weeks I was on a morphone drip and then they cut me loose on OxyContin. After 6 weeks of taking it as prescribed, I stopped taking it because I was tired of feeling "stoned" all the time and elected to have the nerve surgically "killed." 2 days later was when I realized that I was physically addicted to the shit. Fever, shakes, sweats, nausea and pounding headaches- I had to be weaned off it and still to this day I cannot take an opiate painkiller without suffering withdrawal symptoms. 1 Vicodin costs me 3 days of misery. Addiction to that crap is not always voluntary, but continuing to abuse it is. So yeah, I blame the Dr. for getting me hooked, but I'd blame myself if I would've stayed hooked.

Crazyemerald likes this.
  14. CaptainFan88

CaptainFan88

That sounds awful.

With Demi it runs in the family. Her father was an addict and obviously it was his downfall, but I will always have hope for her and that she pulls through.

RaiderCane and Def30 like this.
  15. J3scribe

She didn't OD on heroin. She wasn't a heroin addict. She's addicted to oxicontin, a prescribed painkiller. A painkiller that is 100x more potent per mg than heroin. She's not a junky burning tar in a spoon that can be sucked up into a syringe so she can jab it into a vein in the crook of her arm or a vein in her groin. She doesn't live alley to alley searching for a fix. No. She was popping pills that came in an opaque orange bottle with a child-proof cap. That's modern addiction. Heroin is quaint, it's a sport drug like weed. No serious addict gives a fuck about heroin anymore.

My sister got hooked on oxycontin. It started after her surgery for uterine cancer. If you've ever smoked a bowl of opium, or black hash, you know how mellowing that effect can be. Imagine the worst pain of your life being zapped out of existence with a pill no larger than a baby asprin. In a matter of moments. That's the power of modern opioids. They relieve pain NOW. My sister learned that after her surgery. And then she started to develop new problems that required pain killers, even if they weren't painful. Like sleeping disorders. And when there was a gap in her prescriptions (did I fail to mention that her doctors were in league with her addiction?) she would flip out (withdrawl) between the prescriptions being filled. That went on for about 20 years before she finally got a handle on it. And it's not an easy handle to hold onto. And there's more to it than what I admitted to.

So don't be so fucking flip with your assessment. It pisses me off when people bloviate about shit they really don't understand.

Cygnus_X1 likes this.
  16. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Do Not Disturb Ten Years of Phun

I didn't mean to offend you Scribe. I read that this girl didn't have a heroin overdose but I was using heroin as an example since everyone else was talking about it.
    My main point was, opioids should be strictly used for pain, not for pleasure.
    Remember, my 21 year old son was born with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa which is one of worst diseases on the planet and he's suffered severe pain his entire life. Nowadays he takes Methadone for long term pain and Hydromorphone for acute pain. He used to take Morphine but after a few years the doctors thought he should switch to Hydromorphone. And when he ran out of Morphine a couple of times (someone stole his prescription once), he would just sit at his computer all day with his head down, dealing with withdrawals while we waited for new prescriptions. It was terrible, he said the withdrawals were worse than his pain.
    Trust me, I'm well aware of a loved one in pain and I would give him heroin or anything illegal to ease his pain if I could, just like you probably would have done for your sister. I wish there was a drug that would numb his entire body. Unfortunately death will be the only thing to ease my son's pain. We even joke about it sometimes because that's all we can do to deal with the harsh reality of his disease.
    Back to my point, as far as this girl that overdosed or any other druggie that takes opioids to get high, I'll never have sympathy for them. It's people like her that are going to make it harder for people like my son to get the medicine he needs. His doctor is already warning us about new laws being enacted to restrict opioids. BTW, even with what I go through, I've never used a drug, never smoked pot, I've never even been drunk (close but not fully drunk lol). I can't use that stuff to hide from my problems, I need to work and take care of my son.
    Enough about me, peace be with you brother Scribe.

jfox99 and J3scribe like this.
  17. J3scribe

Dood, I know all about your son because you have let me in to his world. His life is unique. And special. But it is not common. You and me and my sister and a whole bunch of other people are typical humans just trying to get by in this world, and we may be trespassing while doing so.

Cygnus_X1 likes this.
  18. mitchrocks

mitchrocks Dave Gettlemans Executioner ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

so reading some posts above it seems that she didn't OD on heroin? Oxy was it? but they found naloxone, an opioid-overdose antidote?
    whatever it is, not good. my friends 20 year old son died on a bathroom floor in college 2 years ago from an Oxy overdose. Watching the horror they had to go through has put me in such a jaded state when it comes to this shit. 6 years ago a young guy and his girlfriend walked into a pharmacy in the town adjacent to mine and murdered everyone in the store for Oxy. I think it was 5 people dead. All for a drug that doctors seem to write a script for without a care in the world.

RaiderCane likes this.
  19. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

Pharmaceutical drugs are worse than the supposed bad drugs that are illegal IMO. When my mom got sick years ago, she had all sorts of pills shoved at her and to be fair there were a lot that were necessary. But they also prescribed her Oxycodone and Xanax, and every time she would have to go into the hospital for various reasons they made sure to have her on a steady IV drip of painkillers and as I found out much later, they were also giving her the pills as well. They knew she had developed a massive dependency but just kept prescribing her higher doses and giving her months worth at a time, as long as they got paid via her great insurance(which she never was able to have until she got very sick). She was not the person I knew in her final year or so, and a large part of that is because she was addicted to pharmaceuticals and so mentally gone as a result. The point I'm getting to is that if Demi got into something like Oxy, that can be as bad as it gets in terms of addiction and difficulty of withdrawal. It's still not really known what exactly she OD'ed on, Oxy is a definite possibility since it and heroin are in the same class which would explain the original reports. Plus, the night before she was out with 'friends'(some great friends, partying with a known addict:rolleyes:) drinking heavily. So combine alcohol, depression and bipolar meds and Oxy and you have a deadly combo. Reports are that she has been slipping for months now, because she thought she could use in moderation without getting into heavier drugs like she did in the past, which is why so many of her friends and acquaintances from her sober living days in the last 6 years were missing in recent months. And apparently she is going straight into rehab from the hospital for an indefinite stay, because she is scared shitless that she was insanely close to dying.

I'm rooting for her. I want to see a happy ending here.

CaptainFan88 likes this.
  20. cayne

cayne GOD Staff Member

shit...always crazy to hear about celebs doing this kind of stuff. Like the suicide of Avicii...so sad - esp. considering how "epic" their life was. but yeah money, fame and all that doesn't keep you healthy.

Big Bamboo! and RaiderCane like this.