1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

do NUTS posts belong in the celeb section?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by DirtyCa$h, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

You clearly are so blinded by your US celebs that you dont bother reading what other people are telling you - the models are on tv.

2. DirtyCa$h

DirtyCa$h I'll make ya famous!

naming 2 or 3 of them that made a local tv show does not make them all celebs..

3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Don't antagonize the situation, you know the answer to that.

That was a result of my own ignorance, page 6 or page 3 either way, it's just a page in the US.

The are occasions when I wish I never heard a model talk, really ruins the fantasy, especially if the sound like Count Dracula.

4. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

They appear on TV here, they feature is the showbiz of papers here - they are z celebs of course, but in our little part of the world they would have celebrity.

What I cant understand is that people from the UK and Ireland are telling you that a lot of people, right or wrong, see these girls as celebs - yet you on the other end of the planet refuse to accept that.

It actually beggers belief to me.

Ramsfan likes this.
  5. DirtyCa$h

sorry, but that's my point exactly, why can he make 4 threads for 1 photoshoot?

6. DirtyCa$h

then where is the proof? if they were on tv soooo much there would be vids, not just pics from nuts!

7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

You are not correct here, they all appeared in the same mag, some are from the onse shoot, most are not.

The mens magazines here are often produced with a them, big tits this week if Im not mistaken, this should not be taken that all the models were pictured at the same shoot.

Ramsfan likes this.
  8. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Are you serious? Do you want me to post vids? I dont mind doing so if you wish, do you require 'showbiz' articles? Papers and sites similar to TMZ featuring the girls in question ? I really dont mind, but it will require effort.

Ramsfan likes this.
  9. DirtyCa$h

wtf does emma have to do with this?

and please mods, don't punish iron for the last comment, he would not have said it if i had not started this thread..

10. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Ramsfan and DirtyCa$h like this.
  11. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I don't think it's black and white enough for set rules. there's always going to be an issue between celebrity and model forums where women who are famous for being models are concerned. it's also very subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

for example, I wouldn't expect to see bar refaeli or Adriana Lima or Lucy pinder in the model section because I see them as celebrities. however I wouldnt expect to see ewa sonnet in the celebrity section, even though she has a singing and tv career. and on top of that there's countless celebrity posts every day of girls I've never even heard of, but theyre still celebrities.

I dont think there's a right or wrong place to put the girls who fall between the lines, nor is it much of an issue for me to bypass them if I'm not interested in them.

Ramsfan likes this.
  12. DirtyCa$h

i'm sorry, as i said in my first post this would probably cause more harm then good..

and now it got iron banned, hopefully not perm!

i did not mean for this to happen! and i apologize to iron! and the mods and other members who i may have offended!

i will have no further comment about this subject..

NUTS are celebs, i will accept this for the rest of my time on phun, if i have any..

Ramsfan likes this.
  13. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

PS: I think it is a worth while debate, I agree that the one pic threads of Lucy Pinder that appear each week is too much, I also note that we have three members that are making this stuff there own and that is leading to competition and the multiple thread.

I dont think people like Iron should tell others to fuck off. Anyways :2cent:

14. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Well this ended well didn't it?

I wasn't here at all yesterday or I'd have spoken to Slash about the multiple threads.

I also agree with P4 that the model thread is for hens of the erotic variety.

The subject of sub forums for Page 3 girls, VS models, and the like has been discussed amongst the mods/admins on more than one occasion. I've actually raised the question myself. Each time, after discussion, we arrived at the conclusion that it really isn't necessary. This is an English speaking board, but we receive contributions from around the world as you all know. A celeb from Poland may not be recognized as such in Germany, England, or the US but he, or she is a celeb just the same. There won't be any subs for these hens in the foreseeable future. They'll stay in the celeb.

15. linusnc

linusnc Short Pants White Boy ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

so are news anchors. So are fans at a football game. Hell I was on the news when I got arrested I guess I should take pics of myself and post in the celeb forum

16. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

You make an interesting point, however I challenge you (a friendly challenge) to define a celebrity... It is a challenge I doubt you will not take though!

Ps on your news anchor remark

here is one from the US (note the views / comments and remarks
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=42118&highlight=news+anchor

And here is one from France (again note the views / comments and remarks

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=102579&highlight=news+anchor

and for phun here is an eastern european one

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=223153&highlight=news+anchor

linusnc likes this.
  17. linusnc

Spoken well my friend
    [​IMG]

18. linusnc

A celeb
    There are a wide range of ways people can become celebrities, from their:
    01. profession (actors, models, etc)
    02. appearances in the mass media (magazines models, models on commercials)
    03. Infamy I.e Tanya Harding
    Not all models are as famous as others. I can't name all the Victoria Secret ladies but they are all celebs but they all pose in bra's and panties and are in magazines. celebs to me

Ramsfan and gaphugs like this.
  19. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Pretty much sums it up - I agree!! These subjects come up from time to time and will never be resolved in one thread, dirycash quoted a thread I started about forum issues and slated the fact it went nowhere. That being said, I dont doubt for a second that the moderators would use at least some of this stuff to form policy and opinion and in the end that is positive and worth while.

It is a real shame though that someone got banned for getting caught up in the heat of the debate, Im sure he'd apologise if given the chance.

linusnc likes this.
  20. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

it´s (again) pretty disappointing that (again) such a discussion (isn´t it a pretty "unimportant" topic, again?) gets out of hands...

more than just once i was called ignorant when i just asked for "think before post", intolerant and worse, but from now on i might not care about that and tend to close such threads immediately...
    4 threads more or less in the celeb-forum... worth a fight? you got to be kidding. damn.

linusnc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.