1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Help ImageVue Problem with IE

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by billsnow, Mar 9, 2005.

1. chunkomunko

chunkomunko It's hard to improve on perfection

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /loc274/df3_9_med.jpg on this server.
    Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at img4.imagevenue.com Port 80

Thats what I got when I right clicked and went to view image?? Using Firefox.
    Weird don't you think?

Any thoughts?

2. Rob

Rob

3. chunkomunko

No when i clicked the image on the Ludacris pics in the babe forum to check if I could see pics it loaded the page straight away, just no pic obviously. I right clicked view image and thats when it came up. Thanks for the thread link.

4. Rob

Rob

ya dude i dont know wtf. my sig is hosted by imagevenue and its not a red x so i know im not banned by it but i just cant understand wth is going on and why i cant see the big pic. imma go try and update my browsers. brb

5. chunkomunko

I've just udated the settings using the that thread and its still not workin.

I'm racking my brain here, but at least i'm not alone! :)

6. chunkomunko

I just used imagevenue to upload a pic, it uploaded fine, I posted fine but when I went to click the hotlink on the post I just made it wouldn't show the larger pic! WTF is going on?

7. vegas

vegas

same thing was happening to me at other forums, regardless of the browser i was using (IE, firefox, or opera). a friend sent me here for some tips on correcting the problem but nothing here worked at all. out of frustration i started messing with my firewall (zonealarm). after customizing the privacy settings to accept all cookies from imagevenue i no longer had a problem viewing the larger images. you should give that a try. hope it helps.

8. chunkomunko

Thanks for the tips but i've tried it all and still no joy!

Phuckin hell!

9. Rob

Rob

chunko NOOOOO! well i guess misery will not have company anymore :D the firewall fix worked. i shoulda did that already, im such an idiot. i turned up the settings not too long ago, the same time i noticed the problems. i had the same problem with launch.com not to long ago. i think it has something to do with the advertisements on the site (imagevenue). in short - i can see the large pics now. hoooray!

10. sandino

sandino Jessica's Pimp

hey chunk, did you check your firewall too?

11. Rob

Rob

well for the record i also run za but im sure that there are similar settings among all firewalls. all i did was tweak the settings for cookies & imagevenue

12. chunkomunko

Ok, so i'm totally fuckin useless when it come to computers.
    Assistance is needed!
    I use norton internet security & anti-virus, where do I check my cookies etc to fix the problem? Please help!

13. sandino

sandino Jessica's Pimp

please remember that im no computer geek, either ;-) if you doubt these steps, please wait until someone who knows this better respond to this thread. You can try PART B first if you want to.

PART A. To determine whether Web rules are blocking the page in Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2003/2004:

1. Open Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall.
    2. Double-click Privacy Control.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Click "Add Site."
    5. Type the URL for the Web site that contains that Web page. (in this case, type the url of image venue.)
    6. Click OK.
    An entry is added to the list for that Web site. If the Web site was already listed, it is not added again.
    7. In the left frame, click the name of that Web site.
    8. In the right frame, click the Global Settings tab.
    9. Under Information about your browser, uncheck Use default settings.
    10. Click Permit.
    11. Under Information about visited sites, uncheck Use default settings.
    12. Click Permit.
    13. Under Scripts, uncheck Use default settings.
    14. Click Permit.
    15. In the right frame, click the User Settings tab.
    16. Under Java applets, uncheck Use default settings.
    17. Click Permit.
    18. Under ActiveX controls, uncheck Use default settings.
    19. Click Permit.
    20. Click OK.
    21. Click OK again
    22. Exit the program.

PART B. To customize security settings for Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2003/2004:

1. Open Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall.
    2. Double-click Personal Firewall.
    3. Click Custom Level.
    4. In the "Customize Security Settings" window, look at both the Java applet and ActiveX boxes.
    If either or both are set to block, lower the security level.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Try to connect to the Web page again.

14. chunkomunko

Thanks for the step-by-step guide sandino! I've done all thats there and still no luck.
    It did start to load (as in the green bar not the pic loading) but then failed. I clicked again and nothing!
    It really fuckin pissing me off so i'm gunna go to bed and try again tomorrow.
    Do you think a system restore would do anything because up untill 1 week ago I had no problem viewing the images with imagevenue? Thanks again for all you help kids. See you all on the other side (well saturday at least!)

15. billsnow

billsnow

Hey Gents...

I asked several of my friends to check the images with thier computers and they all are getting the same result as we are. No Pic shows after clicking the link.

Now what?

16. burtie83

burtie83

i'm having the same problem too. im sooo pissed off. im seeing red x in my fuckin dreams i swear. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...!

17. Rob

Rob

try going to your firewall and check your "adds/banners" settings, prolly in the "privacy" section of your firewall, mess with it a lil, like lowering it, making it higher. maybe it will work?

18. chunkomunko

Billsnow and Burtie83, i've been there done that! Really anoying aint it! Well to get rid of the problem I uninstalled Norton IS from my PC and installed McAfee instead and I can now see again. Drastic? Yup but I was pissed off with Norton IS anyway. If you do have NIS installed on your PC, just disable it quickly and see if you can see the image. If so then thats your problem. I'm basing this on NIS so to save me typing more troubleshooting stuff give that a go and if it aint that post back and we can try afew other things.

19. curium

curium

hey guys
    i've been having all the same problems...i followed chunks advice and switched it off and then switched it back on and now shit works. i guess it jogged something. hope it helps

20. linusnc

linusnc Short Pants White Boy ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Thanks for the info. Now if we can only get people with this problem to come here and look at it LOL