1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Main Mod. Person...

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by ronaldmcdonal17, Jan 31, 2005.

1. ronaldmcdonal17

ronaldmcdonal17

:!: In order to keep all the lurkers that arn't registered from downloading and killing the links before users that are registered get to em. What do ya say about maybe getting a hide tag that way you have to at least reply to the thread in order to access the link...just an idea

2. cayne

cayne Guest

That's an idea, but I also new a idea how to realize something like this...because I have no clue how to do that.

3. ronaldmcdonal17

ronaldmcdonal17

hmm...all i know is you have to download it...the peeps over at wrestling edge use it...n it seems to be working pretty well....shall i find out where to get it?

4. The other forum I use has a hide feature, where you [hide]your messase[hide] so you can only view it by becoming a registered member and replying to the topic. I agree with the leeching situation. I have hundreds of full lenth vids and want to share with other members who share.

5. cayne

cayne Guest

hmm this [hide] tag thingy sounds like a plan, PM me the forum where they use it. gonna take a look at it.

6. hatez

hatez

brcook09 and syntaxerror like this.
  7. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

Cayne you don't want that function because once you install it this place will be filled with spammers saying 1 word replies like "ty. thanks, cool, props" and shit like that. There will be meaningless posts just to view the content. People will just be trained into mindless zombies to say anything just to get the pic or content. Trust me i only know of one site that uses this. It is under construction but it is a lame feature.

This forum is fine the way it is. If we get to many people posting and this gets really huge maybe add another babe forum. to lessen the burden. But if it slows back down then merge the 2 forums back into 1.

My 2 cents,

Azz

8. hatez

hatez

I read the features, due to the "you view if you reply" thing it will surely push ppl to reply with just a word or a "dsdsdsadasdas" to see the code. So, as Azz said, it's a damn lame addon.

But, if a premade script can't be found I think that someone can help with a new one.
    Q: What do we want to hide?
    A: links to the world ouside the *.phun.org domain

What to do: it's a small IF to be written in the PHP code, the idea behind is:

IF user=NOTREGISTERED THEN show("please register to see the code") ELSE show(link).

It should not be so bad... only reg users will see the links, lurkers will cry!

9. Ja-Mez

Ja-Mez

im liking that idea

10. ronaldmcdonal17

ronaldmcdonal17

hey...another idea...i didn't even think about this...but...you could have a Members section...and you would need a certain number a "good" posts in order to be added to it so you could view the posts(the main mod. or someone would have to determine what is "good" though....)

^just an idea

11. clarkedb

clarkedb

i may be new but the members section would definatly be a good way to share the big things and have the best content and keep it from the lurkers.

another forum i used to belong to had this feature and it definatly worked to promote more quality posts and more serious group of members who share

but if you could get the script that would only see the hidden things if you were a member...requiring a reply would just clutter a lot of threads

12. TSEM

TSEM

I have a hack for VB that does the hide thing. Contact me at CFUS under the name Michael if you want it. I'm sure we can work something out :wink:

13. Tequilya

Tequilya

couldnt agree more

i also know a few forums with the hide tag thing

but it always goes like azz said ppl will register and post all of these

lame posts just to see the content and this whole forum will be

fucked up because of all the spam

the members section idea sounds better to me...

just my thoughts...

Peace Ilya

14. TSEM

TSEM

True ^

But if we had it here pictures and videos would last longer with out getting donkey fucked and ripped of all the bandwith by leechers

15. ronaldmcdonal17

ronaldmcdonal17

if we have a Members section...who is going to determine who can join and all that other lovely stuff?

just a thought...

16. Full~Metal

Full~Metal You owe me for 1 jelly donut 15 Year Member

Why not just have us to put in a password to view the forums?

17. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

Because leachers would spread the passes around eventually anyways. I say leave the forum the way it is.

I figure if i dangle something as a reward they would start to post more. So far since i started last friday i have seen a jump in new posters i have never seen before. I can't say it is due to me teasing them with a link to my video but i just hope this kind of postings will continue on. Besides we are setting records for a fun-site as is. I just hope it continues. :)

18. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I'm not a fan of that idea Full~Metal...I discovered phun through another site, and saw the latest threads thing at the top left of the main site, I lurked and took images for a week or two then registered/contributed. If there were any password issues I probably would have left and moved on, many others probably would have done the same. Not sure what the solution is, but a password isn't the answer IMHO. What do others think?

19. sandino

sandino Jessica's Pimp

I think we should leave the forum as it is for the time being. The issues most of you have raised are all worth considering BUT i think we are not yet at a point where LEECHERS are doing great harm to the forum NOR do we have the immediate need to institute drastic changes such as putting up LIMITING filters. The growth of our membership (and the increasing daily hits) assumes that people must like the forum as they found it. Let us continue on this course for a while and see what develops down the road. It will be too bad if we act precipitately and throw the bathwater out with the baby.

It sucks that most of the members who want to download vids are crowded out by guests but I think it is more of a vid HOSTING PROBLEM than leeching per se. For one, most of the vid downloading problems of our members are mainly coming from threads with external vid links and not from member-uploaded vid files (e.g. rapidshare and yousendit). Rapidshare's problem is more on its file size and per-hour downloading limits while yousendit's (the free one) has no resume downloading ability (which personally pisses me off because the yousendit dl page grows stale every 5 minutes or so, while Azz's vid files are over 100 mb...lol).

I say we concentrate on thinking about solving the vid hosting problem first. Thanks everyone for your input. Now back to brainstorming [in-between wanking off, of course....HAHAHAHAHAHA ]