1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How did we get so far ???

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by The Cunt Factory, Jun 28, 2009.

1. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Since I didn’t want to start a discussion in an existing thread and couldn’t reply to DeltaEcho’s thread which was banned to the “bits and pieces”
    I’ve taken the liberty to do so here.

First some quotes from that thread:

“Alright If I made more sigs i can post it at same thread? like this one or Other ones?”
    …
    “You have several choices
    Cool Sigs Redux ~ (for babe/chick sigs)
    Cool Siggys Part 3 ~~~ (Everything else)
    Signatures: Displays
    <--Rock-n-Roll--sigs-->
    Signatures: Sports”

…
    “I don't see it why it's necessary to create a new thread, if everyone does it there will be a lot of threads. There are enough threads where something like this can be put in.”
    …
    “Delta,
    you can not call this your artwork thread if you are going to be post sigs.
    start posting your sigs in the appropriate threads, that I listed before.
    And unless asked, we really do not need to see your original artwork used for the sig”

Second some history of the Creative Backyard:

We started out with a single Sig thread (yes, in the beginning there was only one ... we didn't know any better).
    After that several new ones were created … nobody objected to that.

Some (like B, Jay, Jamms and myself) even started their own threads displaying their sigs … nobody objected to that.
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=313234
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=315322
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=323790
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=322628
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=321531

A few days ago some newbie (DeltaEcho) starts his own thread displaying his sigs with the intention to update it with new stuff
    (even other work than sigs) as he goes along
    … nobody objects to that ?
    … nope … his thread gets banned to the bits and pieces section where he even can’t update it anymore or get replies from other phunners :confused:

So I’m left with this question: “What did he do different than us to be treated like this” :confused:

Did he break rules? … not to my knowledge … and if he did, myself and others broke them before him without sanction
    just as the “cool sigs” thread was split up into several separate threads without anyone objecting to it.

I did however read Cayne's rule when the CB was created: …"only original work from phunners"…
    yet tons of material posted here are mere “webfinds” ... and nobody objects to that ...

And just to make this clear … I don’t mind that at all …
    so why should we mind when a new creative phunner opens his own space in the CB :confused:

Oh and one last thing ... in reference to: "And unless asked, we really do not need to see your original artwork used for the sig”
    … so now we need permission to post our source images before posting them along with the output/composite :confused:

JayHoo, SilentB, chumwithrum and 3 others like this.
  2. x-caliber0069

x-caliber0069

IMHO, i think there are just too many signature topics. they should all be merged to reduce the clutter cuz noone can really tell the difference between one from another anymore.

3. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I kinda hate having all the sig threads too. I don't really care "how fast it moves" i can just click back a couple of pages.

But we mostly had separate sig threads back in the day and not now. Its considered that all sigs should go into the sig threads. And why not? If each member can have a new thread for a new topic (and they can, it was already ruled as such in the last argument) what is to stop us having a new thread for every sig that someone wants special attention lavished onto?

I think the general aim was to keep the forum as tidy as possible and easy to access for everyone, casual users, hardcore users and new guys alike. Having the sig art in one of very few threads makes it easy for newer guys to come into.

As for putting art threads into rits and pieces that is unfair. And why shouldn't we post our start images? I'd love it if more people did so and explained how they did there sig.

Cy likes this.
  4. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

You know a PM works too!

5. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

And i agree that it all came off a bit harsh on delta, his work was outstanding when i saw it. I hope he posts more.

Hell, what do i care. Let the man post as much as he wants. Its only a bloody message board anyhow. His sigs were of the very highest quality and deserve their own thread.

Sundancer and The Cunt Factory like this.
  6. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

1. He was asked after his initial post to put his sigs in the appropriate thread.
    2. If it was an artwork thread fine, it continued to be a sig thread, so it went to B&P.
    3. I don not believe he was treated poorly, he was asked to post correctly, and for whatever reason, he continued to do otherwise.
    4. Original artwork, but again he was creating sigs and we have ENOUGH threads for that.
    5. The statement that I made was directed toward the sigs only. AGAIN, if it was an artwork thread, no problem, but he was continuing to post sigs. Maybe it wasn’t conveyed properly, that does happen with text, but at some point you get tired of asking someone to follow the rules or directions.

Your quote: "Very nice but there are several dedicated sig threads. We cant have a new thread for every single sig. "

7. The Cunt Factory

Well he hardly got a chance to post some other stuff than sigs ... his thread was removed in just a few days.

Point was: Why so hard on something that isn't even a rule ... and why so soft or ignorant on threads/posts that are clearly against Cayne's rule :confused:

Shouldn't it apply to all of us?

8. The Cunt Factory

I know but it isn't intended as a personal "attack" on you P4 ...
    and I aim for some exchange of ideas amongst "creative" phunners.

9. Perfect4ths

Do you realize that not every communication with a member is public or posted in a thread for all to see.

What rule(s) are you referring to? Are you being treated unfairly or given special privileges that I am not aware of?

10. The Cunt Factory

I do know the difference between public and private but ... again, this is nothing personal to you.

And my point was pretty clear: why are some treated different.

There's only one "rule" I know of and that's what Cayne stated in his "New Sub Forum" thread (page 2 of the CB) ... show work created by phunners ...

That rule or guideline isn't really being followed up 'cause lots of work from others (webfinds) are posted here and no one objects to that, myself included.

Therefore why object to someone who starts his own thread ... he changed "sigs" into "artwork" after one day ... but was hardly given a chance to post some other stuff.
    His thread was removed after only 2 days.

11. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I want a seperate thread for my sigs too... [​IMG]

Just kidding...i thing 2 threads are enough...babes and everything else...

12. Perfect4ths

I do not think members are treated differently, at least I do not.

Honestly there are no rules for this forum, and you paraphrased Cayne. "This will be a forum for all people who do some sort of creative work here"

I do not see where it says to show your work. Please direct me to it.

IMO we have sig threads, and a pretty good understanding to use them. Artwork threads exist for everything else, with the occasional "out of tolerance" sigs.

13. The Cunt Factory

Yep, Hayd posted some "webfind" sigs some time ago and that thread was moved ... while ... "webfind" collages-edits-tuts and so on are tolerated.

IMO that's different treatment ...

Again I think all of those can have a place here ... after all its about graphics.

As to the "rule" or guideline I was referring to: http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=313179

14. Austxsoul

Austxsoul A Pirates Life For me

TCF, I do agree in many ways with what you have said and why this thread was started. But at the same time I do agree with others when they have simply said for Everyone to post their sigs in the existing sig threads.

Why do I agree with this? Because sometimes it is a real pain in the butt to find some of the threads because the forum is growing so much. Do not get me wrong, growth and the new people adding their talent to this forum is great for us all. What is the best solution? That I do not know. But the created threads for sharing and comments have been very helpful.

What bothers me the most at this time is the negativity that I am beginning to feel here and the other forums. One of the things that I really like about phun and the creative forum was that everyone seemed to work together when I got here. I watched people have voting threads, discussions and ideas that were great and gave us all something to be comfortable with. I also felt that I could make some friends, learn and share things here. I would hate to see that go away. I would especially hate it if the newbs start feeling as though they do not belong here.

15. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho

Hey Guys, I'm truly Sorry for what happen past few days. I'm not used by this Thread Rules. I'm from other site which you can post your own thread and such, again I Apologize For Follow the Rules which I Didn't read. But I'll just keep posting my work, at Siggy or other Thread. Of Course. so I hope you do not get upset about what happened. Btw hope you'll see my new Artwork.

16. Perfect4ths

I cannot comment on the "webfind" issue, I am not aware of the situation.

All can have a place here, but we must try to balance that with a sense of order and understanding.

You reference the rules, but essentially there aren't any. Cayne left it pretty wide open and is allowing the Mods to guide it. If you really think something is unfair, please PM me in the future, and I will do my best to correct it or explain it.

17. Perfect4ths

Almost every new member has some growing pains when it comes to Phun. Our rules and structure are pretty strict when compared to other forums. Most just start posting away because they think that what goes in one also goes in Phun. Phun is a strong and vibrant forum, and will continue to be because of it's leadership and management but most especially its members.

You'll get it figured out, just keep trying, and you can also ask a Mod for advice before posting so there aren't any issues.

18. The Cunt Factory

Nobody said that to me ... new sig threads were created as one would feel like ... and nobody uttered the fact that it could get confusing at some point.

I started this to finally have a exchange of ideas amongst us and maybe evolve into something more structured ... clear to all; there's nothing negative intented from my part.

My point of concern exactly. ;)

19. Austxsoul

Austxsoul A Pirates Life For me

Delta, none of this is your fault dude. Yes you may have missed a rule or two but who doesn't in these forums?

Please do keep posting. You are someone else that I can try and learn from... ;)

20. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho

lol thanks, I might Make an Tutorial of how to make an sigs. But not for a while though. I'd be gladly to make tutorial for everyone to learn. it'll be real FUN! ;)