1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO Image Host Discussion

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Green Bastard, Mar 16, 2015.

1. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There are enough pic hosts that urgent action does not seem to be required.
    If it continues to happen I would anticipate posters using them less, naturally.

2. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

So That is your answer ? :rolleyes:
    Should we use Pixhost or not ?
    A bit more concrete please, thank you !

3. TheloniousMonk

Yes, that would be nice if imagehosts didn't die off from time to time, or let us know well in advance. TOS happens.
    They are on the approved imagehost list so they can be used on phun. If we revise that list it will take more than one batch delete.

4. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Pixhost having problems again ...
    [​IMG]

5. corrupted

corrupted ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just uploaded 3.94g file to mediafire, ... 25% done on depositfiles. Please consider different hosts.

Shrieking Beggar likes this.
  6. Formula_1

Formula_1 Tame Racing Driver ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Anyone having trouble with Imgbox? I can't get anything to show up using the image link. Usually when I upload an image there is a link if you want to post a thumbnail or a separate link if you want to show the full size image. But now when I upload an image the link is the same but neither one will show up. It just shows [​IMG]

7. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I just noticed imgbox now gives 500 x 500 thumbnail size. :)

(Hope your problem worked out Formula, it was not happening for me).

Formula_1 likes this.
  8. blump314

blump314 Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Poll Wizard!

9. MadamMeow

MadamMeow Hiding in the shadows... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

imagevenue has been historically spotty. They are the worst to use when you have galleries, they tend to fail on a few pics in a batch.

The one you can't see the thumbnail on is not on their server. From what I remember, they give two codes that you can use in forums. Sometimes if one code doesn't work you can try the second.

blump314 likes this.
  10. Formula_1

Formula_1 Tame Racing Driver ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

It did. They apparently dropped the two separate links (one for thumbnail & one for full size) for image only which is what I used to use for posting full size images. Now I just use the URL link.

MadamMeow likes this.
  11. TheloniousMonk

image-bugs dead or just sleeping?

12. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

It's back online for now

13. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Pixroute twice now diverted me to one of those sites that freeze your browser and ask you to enter passwords

Taipan likes this.
  14. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Imgcredit used by just one member is an absolute nightmare host, Slow, popups, installers, triggers malware alert on PC...

Ridiculous host.

15. floridagalbabe

floridagalbabe Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster

Can you please let me know the exact url of the pop or a screenshot next time it happens, if it is not too much to ask. I have checked the ads it seems to be clear but i will keep an eye on things .

As far as the speed is concerned, the host is under tremendous DDOS attack for the last 8-10 days. We are doing everything to fend off the attack.

https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=imgcredit.xyz&hl=en

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  16. blump314

blump314 Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Poll Wizard!

for some time now, it seems there is a new approved image host, imagetwist, that comes with the phun logo, like something "official"

i think it is not listed in the thread Phun-Approved Imagehosts and Filehosts (Updated July 12, 2017), isn't it?

question/problem: at imagetwist, there is no possibility to move to the NEXT image (or to the PREVIOUS image), you have to click on every image to see it, it's quite annoying ...will that tool be implemented?

examples:
    at imagebam, you can move, see Mila A. (aka Mila Azul) '013' - Tokyodoll
    [​IMG]

at imagetwist, you cannot, see Olivia Holt - InLove - Fall/Winter 2021
    [​IMG]

thanks in advance for your help

TheLivingBubba likes this.
  17. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Apologies for the very late response. This thread doesn't tend to be very active, and I have to admit to not monitoring it with due diligence?
    The new imagehost, phun.imagetwist.com, was introduced by the boss, cayne, and we initially operated it on a trial basis, unpublished.
    Somewhat belatedly it was recently added formally to the approved list.
    I'll ask cayne whether the image "scan" facility you mention could be made available?
    Again, sorry it's taken so long?

blump314 and Taipan like this.
  18. Magge

Hm, offline again ?

19. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

Mate, that post was from feb,2020 it's allready removed from the approved list ;)

Magge likes this.
  20. Magge

Got it ! :oops:

Any new ones to show gifs direct ?
    ImageTwist not doing that for me ... :thinks:

Taipan likes this.