1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

ImageVenue Problems

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Tim, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim Bouncing! ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Most Spirited Phunner

Is any one else having problems with ImageVenue? After uploading the files,it just hangs and doesn't generate the code.I've all but given up on postng in the Model section:(

2. TheDoctor2010

TheDoctor2010 I am the man in the box

Had that happen a few times. Your files might be too large or they might not be able to be recognized by Imagevenue

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

The files arn't that big 1 to 2 megs and standard jpegs..I'll try another image host if anyone can recomend one.

4. Taipan

Taipan Mia San Mia Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder

^^

Haven't had any problems with IV,but i'm using III uploader.

Check the approved imagehost list,i suggest sharenxs.

Tim likes this.
  5. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Also no problems but i wouldn't suggest sharenxs, i would go for imagehaven

Tim likes this.
  6. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I agree sharenxs is the way to go :tup:

Tim likes this.
  7. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

i have no problem whatsoever with imagevenue. Its the only host i deal with when it comes too pics. Ever since i have had that host i never have had any desire for a different hoster.

Tim likes this.
  8. Tim

Me too,I really like IV and don't really want to change.If the problem persists though,I'll concider the other options suggested.Thank you all for your help folks:)

9. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

maybe it has to do with high usage of the site. Its ure sounds like it the way you describe the problem with sluggish speeds. I have some minor exprerience from imagebam and imageshack they are equally good in my book. ShareNXS has had minor problems earlier for me when i view pics. It has worked perfectly lately.

Tim likes this.
  10. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I have uploaded images on IV that were over the file size limit and they uploaded perfectly but sometimes it does take a while to return the codes.

11. Tim

I waited for about half an hour and nothing,and that was using only small,200kb files:confused: Anyway,I've tried posting using Cold As Ice's recommendation.If that dosn't work I'll check the security setting on my PC.Thank's for all your help btw,you have all been most helpfull:D I like this forum because folks help out the new people!

12. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

If it doesn't work you can send me a pic in a pm, that even can be done with a non allowed host. Then i can see if i can upload it with imagevenue or imagehaven

13. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I just got done uploading a few big screencaps with their flash browser uploader... no problems. :33:

not sure what's going on pissant. :shrug:

The only thing I can suggest is maybe use their basic browser uploader, instead of the Flash based one:

http://imagevenue.com/host.php

Luck

Tim likes this.
  14. Capster

Capster ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Give IV a day or two, could be a router issue, contact their support service. try resetting your router if you use one. Try a couple different hosts till IV works correctly for you, they are a great Image Host. if all else fails, try ShareNXS and if you have any issue ill personally fix it for you.

Magge, Tim and Salty Longshanks like this.
  15. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

How do you not love this guy, and his image host?

I'm feeling some serious "man love" right now Cap. :naughty: ;)

You never fail to go out of your way to accommodate bro. :beerchug:

Tim likes this.
  16. Tim

That sounds like a hard offer to refuse.I'll try ShareNXS for my next few posts..Thank you.

17. I'm having major issues with Imagevenue and Imagebam !

Cant view most pictures posted on them at the moment...
    They are just coming up blank or say 3 of 10 pictures posted are visible the others no show... :confused:

18. Ozzy

Ozzy

Most people in the UK will be having the same problem, The Internet Watch Foundation is once again blacklisting sites, I am with BT and I cannot even access sites such as Megaupload, Filesonic, Imagebam or anything similar

19. Oh that will be it then! ....

Im with BT too ...

Not for much longer...

20. Just come in via a proxy and can see everything...

Fucking BT ..... :rant:

Tim likes this.