1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Imgevenue WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by chchamuco, Sep 15, 2008.

1. chchamuco

chchamuco

Imagevenue was great but recenty it's made my popup blocker go crazy. Right now it installed something nasty on my PC and as we speak webpages(zedo.com and aguarovex.com?) are opening by themselves and my PC is runnig slow and I'm even having trouble typing this. Mods and members please beware and take proper action. I don't know if this post is allowed here but I figud this is where more people would see it. DON'T OPEN IMAGEVENUE! Now I will try to fix this problem, good day.

Sorry, I misspeled the title beasue of this problem and my PC acting up. Mods please move this to appropriate forum if I messed up.

J3scribe, lopezww, DirtyItaly and 5 others like this.
  2. USMC_Sniper74

USMC_Sniper74

Dude, I think you had issues "before" going to that site, as there is nothing wrong with it, been there all day viewing stuff and uploading images, and nothing is being installed or setup in the background, nor is it slowing anything down. Maybe check your firewall/virus setup, as the website isn't the issue.. good luck though..

travelinlite87 likes this.
  3. magicfingers

magicfingers

Somehow i dont believe this. I use imagevenue quite often and have never had any real issues. The problem is most likely your anti virus or the lack of one since you are having problems now.

4. willthrill

willthrill

I can attest to the same thing , and I am running the latest version of McCafee that comes with my comcast service , each time I click on a picture and imagevenue comes up , it first sets off my pop-up blocker then another add for an ani-virus scan comes up

5. travelinlite87

travelinlite87 Trucker bombin'

I've been on imagevenue several times today with no problems. Sorry to say ... but McAfee sucks as does Norton. Try getting SpySweeper (Anti-Spy/Virus) with ZoneAlarm (Firewall) and you'll never have a problem.

6. beemerider500

beemerider500

I had something interesting happen yesterday, while trying to view a picture [I say trying because I had so many pop-ups come up, I was closing them down as soon as they'd come up] when finally everything locked-up. I closed all and Logged Off [rather than re-boot]. When I Logged back On, I started to hear those announcements like, "Congratulations, you've been selected to receive a free IPod". Kind of strange since I wasn't even logged into the internet.
    I'm running XP on a DSL with Norton protection that I have set to do a complete scan every Saturday afternoon at 4 PM, and I had just completed the scan and I had just performed a "Disk Clean-Up" and after I perform a clean-up, I routinely perform a "Registry Scan" with "REG/EDIT".
    So, I went into Add / Remove Programs [Control Panel] and found on the right side of the highlighted program you want to remove, it displays the install date and how frequently you use the program. I found one that was installed on 9/13/2008 and I didn't recognize the program name, so I removed it. I re-booted and immediately performed a Disk Clean-Up, after getting Windows running again and then ran REG/EDIT again. I apparently caught the problem because I haven't heard anymore announcements and the computer is acting just fine... BUT, maybe CHCHAMUCO isn't all wet after-all!

7. Dick222

Dick222

For the last many weeks I have had a problem similar. It doesn't happen all the time when viewing pics but I will get the pop up blocker going off once and then the tabbed browsing option on my IE7 goes off with tab after tab opening up and then I have to hit control alt delete to shut it down and then reboot the PC. Like I said it doesn't happen every pic I open but is annoying as hell. I have McAfee also and have never had a problem in 7-8 years using it.

8. Booty Lover

Booty Lover Ten Years of Phun

spybot-SD -it's free
    windows defender -it's free
    ZoneAlarm? well it sucked for me as I prefer NORTON internet security 2005 or newer but not norton 360...
    Windows XP has a popup blocker and phishing filter which should always be ON

otherwise I am about 99.9% accurate when using ctrl-alt-del to find trojans and crap which doesn't belong... best tool --THE INTERNET--- search for it and use common sense and multiple sites to best inform yourself...

My father fixed my little sisters computer 4 times I FIXED IT FOR THE LAST TIME!

9. sr12345

sr12345

I have been on imagevenue quite a few times this weekend and had no troubles. It's possible that there is some malicious code in one of their ads, but I trust imagevenue itself. I'm on a Mac, so I can't attest to any sort of Windows-specific viruses...

10. magicfingers

magicfingers

Try using avast!

11. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Don't have pop ups or anything else on imagevenue. Since the first time that site tried to install things (months before, don't remember the date), i added imagevenue to the restricted website list in the browser options. But thats only having it ok for myself/yourselve, not everyone will do this or will know, so let have the safety for everyone and ban it from our site before we have another accident. Or we need to tell everyone about it :p

12. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Internet is full of spyware, use "internet paper" ;)

13. MoonlightGraham

MoonlightGraham

This happened to me twice, but not with imagevenue. First time about 2 weeks ago when I hit some image site here from a new poster before the mods could check his post. It had some malicious code in one of their ads.
    The computer locked up as it was install the XP2000 Virus. A nasty virus that changes your wallpaper to read you may have been infected with a virus. Then you get a pop-up task bar that goes off every 2 minutes trying to get you to go to their web site and buy the software to remove it. I had to have NORTON Symamtec ( I have Norton 360 ) fix my computer by remote. ( That was cool to watch ). It took them about 45 minutes to fix all the HKEY registry files.

All I can say is if you hit some image site and your computer seems like its starting to freeze. Shut it off as fast as you can.

14. chchamuco

chchamuco

Well, I'm no computer expert but I'm almost certain it happened through Imagevenue. It opened and the popup blocker went crazy and then froze up and right away my AVG anti-virus and Spysweeper gave me a warning. I ran them along with Ad-Aware and Spybot and it came back as a trojan horse and adware called Virtumonde and Purityscan. I think it fixed it but I won't be opening any image from now on. I guess I'll just go by the description. I really like the threads where the images are big already, even though it takes longer to download. If anyone gets the same thing through imagevenue please confirm to make sure that's what caused it and prevent it if need be.

15. MoonlightGraham

MoonlightGraham

So doing this will prevent image sites from downloading anything on my computer ?

16. MoonlightGraham

MoonlightGraham

I use my computers magnifier to look at the little pictures since i've been bitten twice.

17. davidayuso

davidayuso

No problems for me with imagevenue. Everything is going ok.

18. whoeverknows

whoeverknows Guest

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with Imagevenue, but I believe there are many others out there which are far worse.

But I personally never had a problem with Imagevenue, if there is anything wrong with it I never get to see it.

I have Comodo Firewall Pro 3, Avira Antivir Premium and Spyware Doctor Starter. But more than that, get Firefox 3 and install AdBlock Plus, 99% of the s**t on the net gets blocked and you can add the block to the other 1% it doesn't. And I never have one scan positive with Spyware Doctor or Spysweeper...

19. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Well I have to click continue to image four times to eventually get to see it. This is a new development and off putting.

20. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

yep, i can't be arsed looking at small images anymore. time consuming and usually not worth it.