1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Imgevenue WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by chchamuco, Sep 15, 2008.

1. beemerider500

beemerider500

I have to agree that almost all of the picture viewing servers are much more interested in getting their advertising up, rather than displaying what you went to view in the first place. I can't say for certain that Imagevue is worst, but IMAGE-REVERB is getting very bad... have to refresh several times to try to get the picture up. But the absolute worst is a new one called USER-CASH, which apparently pays an uploader cash-back for a certain amount of images uploaded to their server. This one will really get the pop-up blocker clicking and you'll be lucky to get anywhere near the image you want to see.

2. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

image bam is ok for medium sized images, and for multi uploading. plus it's easy to get rid of the advertising.

photo cx is great for single uploads of big images.

3. estevato

estevato

hey everyone, just thought i'd add to this thread. I too had problems with imageview a few times. I would click on the image and it would take me to a screen with a button that said 'click to continue to image'. i would click it and all of a sudden i'm flooded with alooot of popups in my tabs. it would eventually lock up my computer and i would have to reboot.
    upon restart, i ran my antivirus and a trojan was located. i have since installed a new popup blocker (Adblock) and the problems have not come back. I'm using Avira anti-virus and it didnt pick it up at first.
    Now when i get that screen about click to continue to image, i just close it and reopen it.

4. Weapon XI

Weapon XI AKA "The Snake"

Over the weekend it tried attacking my PC. Vista/Norton blocked the attack.

5. chchamuco

chchamuco

That's exactly the way it happened to me. After a few times of clicking "continue to image" on a few images and my popup blocker going crazy. Then the trojan warning and freezing. I found out it's Virtumonde which sucks for someone like me who knows little about computers. Because appearently it's not that easy to get rid off due to it hiding and coming back? As I type this I'm having trouble. Google won't let me search anything so it's hard to get info on how to get rid of it. I guess I'll have to call a friend that knows about this stuff. IMAGEVENUE NOW SUCKS = CONFIRMED. Any advice from PC experts on how to get rid of it myself would be appreciated.

6. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Got pm, saw your question here a bit late.

I'm not knowing how it really works or what it does (like spyware on a site, where it stays, how it runs and ends), but with that options, in short: every kinda installation will stay dead, so it can't run.

If your surfing with admin rights then this is the easiest way to keep the pc clean. Antivirus software will not work everytime or just mostly too late.

"prevention is better than healing"

Add imagevenue, and all other dangerous websites to the restricted sites
    You still have two zones you can do something else with.

MoonlightGraham likes this.
  7. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

One more thing;

Spybot search and destroy with the option "bad downloader" enabled, adds a list bad sites to the host file. Sometimes you find empty websites/banners. That comes from it.

Here on the link is another good list (bad/dangerous sites) you can add them manually to your host file. These sites will then never opened. Most of them are fake websites and dangerous. Because not everyone knows these websites, it should be preffered to everyone, so use spybot or this one or both and such scams or damages will be less.
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

MoonlightGraham likes this.
  8. Aloysius

Aloysius

I haven't gotten any malicious code from Imagevenue (ZoneAlarm, MacAfee, SpySweeper, Spybot, and a once-a-week free online scan from trendmicro) but lately a few popups have been getting through the blocker and I've gotten tired of the ads that come up before with the button, "Click here to see your image" or whatever.

So I've switched to Imagebam... just as clean to upload, and much less crap to view the image.

Hope this helps... ;)

9. Deeron_Park

Deeron_Park

It's some of the ads that Imagevenue uses. You won't get them everytime but some are malicious.

I don't see any ads since I use FireFox w/ Ad-Block Plus.

10. PbloggerKing

PbloggerKing !*The One*!

No problems here.I use Adblock.

11. unclesam

unclesam

I NEVER click on "click here to continue", "skip ad", etc. buttons. That's how you get the viruses and malwares these people are talking about. I just refresh the page or re-click on the thumbnail. :2cent:

12. Niiiice

Niiiice

There's definitely now a problem with Imagevenue. Most of the time it's fine, but occasionally the iframe ads at the top of the page will set off malicious pop-ups. It has happened to me quite a few times.

13. Niiiice

Niiiice

14. lopezww

lopezww

Imagevenue should be banned from Phun.org.

These website is fucking adware, spyware, whatever. And fucking adds. Ban Imagevenue !!!!

15. Niiiice

Niiiice

I've been doing some tests. If you right click on the iframe ad at the top you can select to view the page on its own - in Firefox anyway - and you then can get the URL of the ad. One which just jet off a pop-under and maximized my browser window came from bizcash****** (bizcash dot info).

I have now added this URL to my hosts file so it won't show any ads from this site in the future. There's info on how to do this here:

http://www.techieportal.com/block-unwanted-websites-by-just-editing-host-file/
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

The trouble is, Imagevenue lets advertisers add their own page to display in the iframe so they can put whatever code they like in it. Many of which are using it to deploy adware, viruses etc.

Imagevenue has had it's time and we now need to find a more reliable service.

16. Niiiice

Niiiice

17. agreed,
    No script is the dogs bollox!
    i never get any bull shit adware/spware/trojans etc from browsing using no/script (over 3 years un-infected :D

i think most of the dodagy shit derives from the 2nd base domain of quantserve.com that is allowed to execute scripting on imagevenue.

no script stops all these snidey background activeX scipting installs :D :D

18. boudoir

boudoir

If you delete your current Imageview cookies then block Imageview's cookies, it will consider each visit as your first and will never present the "click to continue" ad page.

JLoveUser likes this.
  19. JLoveUser

JLoveUser Hopelessly Addicted

it works for me, thanks

banned IV means that we'll lose tons of pics posted b/f?:(
    anyway i agree we should avoid imagevenue now.

20. Stevenson214

Stevenson214 Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I can't believe imagevenue hasn't been banned,. It's crap and there are much better alternatives