1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Input on the whole new "gore" problem...

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Mar 26, 2009.

?

Keep disgusting material...

1. ...in one specific thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ...in one hidden, protected sub-forum.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ...completely out of phun.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

i don´t eat steaks. but that´s another story.

same as you i don´t like ignorance.
    take care.

2. GlassD

GlassD

100% in agreement.

If I had to pick to keep it on the boards, I would pick number 1. Sticky and explicitly let people know what they are in for.

3. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

As far as I am concern emotive arguing is the laziest of all.

4. Beerhammer

Beerhammer

At first I was like "Blah,,,, we don't need that crap in here!" Then I read this- "Censorship is the root of ignorance and ignorance breeds intolerance." This is an amazingly awesome and accurate statement!- Sure, take out the "gore" that 90% of us don't care for, but who draws the line and makes those decisions? You'll have a select few deciding what we should and shouldn't see. I'm an adult, if I don't want to see the "gore" I can simply chose not to go into those areas. I'm sure there are those of us who are offended by some of the stuff that's in the "sexy videos" section but we sure as hell don't want nobody going through and taking stuff out that "they" find offensive.

If "gore" is popular enough give it a sub forum of it's own, or if it's not that popular contain it in a marked thread.

wtfazzhole likes this.
  5. elturko78

elturko78 Treu Anarchist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Agreed 100%. ;)

6. Ronsonol

Ronsonol iSpaz ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Personally I've never come across any really disgusting shit on here. You can tell by the thread title which ones to stay out of. Pisses me off when people go and look at or read said threads just for the sake of moaning and having an argument.

KABOOM07 and toolz like this.
  7. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

What a load of rubbish!

When Azz is so busy slagging a colleague off, and wishes to utilise some profound "old saying" to make a point, he should ensure that he knows the saying well, and that it says what he thinks it says, otherwise it simply betrays his own ignorance, and applies a metaphorical pin to the sneeringly pompous pose he's adopted!

becker and GlassD like this.
  8. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I hear you Ron, unfortunatly the thread 'Creepshow' which was originally intended for pictures of freaky weird stuff had pictures of murder victims and rotting corpses posted in it.

Inca and I thought it was too much and let our views be know.

Somehow its turned into the morals of hunting and the need to be seen to be right all the time.

9. cayne

cayne Guest

Hehe, seems so. Although we all here are adults, this place still turns in some kind of kindergarten from time to time :)

Besides that I'm thankful for all the useful comments on this topic.

Azz was right, that I split up the poll wrong, with two different votes for yes and basically just one for no. Be that as it may, I think we can all agree this place wasn't made to share this kind of material, like the name already says it should be about: phun / fun. And that's no fun.

There wasn't never much "gore" posted here anyway, so basically you won't see any difference. But I just wanted to announce that pictures of blown up heads and videos of burning cats will be now deleted right away.

The "new" creepy thread shouldn't be a problem for anybody, since it mostly contains pictures of woman with hair on their legs - and that's def. within our line of rules! ;)

You can still express your feelings and post all kind of "phunny" stuff you want here, just not this crap. I hope everybody can live with this decision.

10. Biscuit666

Biscuit666 Guest

sorted. god has spoken.

11. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

the morning after...
    without any intentions to start another round of a debate, free of any implications, irony, sarcasm:

apologies

• for each of my countless outbreaks of intolerance and ignorance - many of the posts i deleted in an attempt to keep phun in certain comfortable pathways probably just have been expressed wisdom
    • for each of my various bans - sorry for limiting your pursuit of happiness
    • for each of my acts of invidiousness, offense, insult, mistreating
    • for every other post/pm that can be considered as unjustified in the backview
    @ gap: well, sometimes it´s tough to discuss things that are important and affect personal convictions in a "level-headed" manner. but you are absolutely right - presuming the right to defend a personal point of view shouldn´t exceed in petty wars. i´m sorry that i did let myself get carried away, especially considering that a moderator here should meet special requirements.
    since i can´t guarantee that it wouldn not happen again i asked Cayne to dismiss me.

S-type likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.