1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Instagram and Twitter Clutter in the Celeb section

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by kaos42000, Sep 1, 2012.

1. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

It's a mess. Just have each celebs Twitter pics etc in a, single thread. They aren't particularly time or event specific. A new thread for a single low quality pic of some bint at a birthday party.. it should be a no brainer. Plus the fact that it's only a small group of celebs that upload pics so that end up clogging the forum

Ramsfan likes this.
  2. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

It's fine the way it is :)

Jammsbro likes this.
  3. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

You clearly like the five or six girls posted constantly. In any case the actual users aren't given a voice. It comes down to what a single mod or two think.

There should be a poll in the celeb section for all us live Jasmine clickers to have a say.

4. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

at the time of posting this, there were 6 on pg1, 2 on pg2, and 1 on pg3 of the celeb forum
    (unless i've counted wrong)

hardly "clogging" as somebody puts it

jzilla likes this.
  5. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I said I'm happy to let people voice their opinions on the subject and nothing has changed in that regard. There's been a lot of interesting opinions that have come through and we will let more come through before reviewing it.

6. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Sorry, I based my comments on what appeared to be a definitive ruling by scribe earlier in the thread

7. Ok so the idea I posted a few posts ago sucks. Let's move on. I just discovered a forum with a separate section for candid pics off social media sites. The section contained a thread for each girl. They're ongoing/continuously updated threads with pics from all popular social media sites and it's up to the poster to note the source and the date when possible. I noticed a few comments here stating that creating yet another section would be "doing too much" so to speak. I disagree and feel that a single section with a single ongoing thread for each girl wouldn't be cumbersome at all and would probably end up being quite popular. I don't see this trend going away anytime soon so it seems logical to compartmentalize it for the sake of tidiness and browsing/posting ease.

8. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

There was nothing definitive about what I said (other than I don't care) and it was certainly not a ruling. It was just my personal opinion.

9. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I like the idea of a single, open dedicated threads that are celeb specific. I'm not sure there's an urgent need for a social media sub-section, but I won't say the idea is without merit. As far as moderating goes, a sub-section in that format wouldn't create any additional work.

10. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I like the idea of celebrities getting their own threads. It'll be easier to find the celebrities you like based on the alphabet on their last name. :2cent:

11. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

I see that now

12. "If you don't like twitpics or instagrams then don't click on the thread."
    What Scribe said. There are are other celeb forums set up with each celeb having their own page. I don't post in those forums. for a reason.

spiderswims likes this.
  13. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

This is exactly what I was getting at...I just find it silly to have a single thread dedicated to one or two pics......How about an open thread for each celebs twitter and instacrap pics. I have nothing against twitter pics and some are freaking awesome.......Instagram as someone posted earlier is the worst invention to hit the web........I can live with it as is....And ignore the properly posted threads.....

Jamms...........you bring up some excellent points... This one however is off point

"What pisses me off is people complaining about people contributing. Especially those who don't contribute at all."

You don't get over 9k posts by not contributing........sorry I dont have 30k like you........I have a life.........You obviously have never been here....

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=294601

I in no way mean to complain about people contributing to this awesome forum......I'm just looking for a way to make things easier to view.... A new section or a single thread for each celeb would bring no extra work on the mods..... and would make phun more user friendly for people who want to see what Miley Cyrus posted on twitter today........

14. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

A new section seems a bit much for twitter/FB pics IMO.

If it's a single thread for each celeb people would go in them every time it gets bumped expecting a new pic but it's just 3 pages of comments saying how hot that pic is before another pic gets posted. Unless you don't allow comments which would be pretty shitty. The way it is now you know if new pics are in a thread cause 'adds' will be in the title when they appear. The 10 (probably the maximum) twitter threads a day doesn't seem that bad to me.

A lot of photoshoots only have a couple pics but nobody needs a new way for them to be posted.

Is it just that you guys don't care for most of the celebs (Miley, McKayla, Aubrey, Stella, Kendall....etc) that are posted? Just asking......I don't care for most of them but I just ignore those threads.

Edit: I think I said most of that in my 1st post in this thread Whoops.

Jammsbro and jzilla like this.
  15. What Spider just said. There are other celeb forums that are arranged this way...those forums suck. I can't tell you how many times I have opened a thread on one at one of these places, hoping to see new pics of a celeb only to see that some dipshit posted "Happy Birthday" to said celeb.
    The more celebs is regulated and handcuffed, the less likely people are going to post the content that is it's lifeblood. Do we really need more rules?
    twitter/instagram also give those without the resources and even time that regular contributors have a chance to get their moment in the sun as well. Anyone with twitter can post pics of their favorite celeb and get credit for it. That's a nice feeling that gets lost in a single all encompassing thread. Also...those types of threads suck. The celeb forum is THE BEST on the internet. Lets stop trying to reinvent the damn wheel. it aint broke, we don't need a new one.

jzilla and spiderswims like this.
  16. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Maybe in some regards that's where adding No Spam to the title helps. It keeps the threads clean.

17. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I agree with one thread for each celebrity!! :2cent:

18. spiderswims

NS in a pic section? One of the best parts of Phun is the community and it's comments. There are other sites people can go to just for pics. Skins.be is one thread for each celeb and it fucking blows.

19. "There are other sites people can go to just for pics. Skins.be is one thread for each celeb and it fucking blows. "
    When I a collecting pics for a milestone I go there/ It's a headache and a half but it's mostly just pics. Then I post that milestone HERE! Because the celeb forum does not suck.
    ya know what...go to Skins.be spend some time there and then come back and tell me that is what you want to turn Phun into.