1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

let´s talk about ssss...ignatures ;)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Jan 27, 2007.

1. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

due to recent popular demand - sigs on phun.

creating

basically all you need is a pic and an image-processing software (enough free stuff on google...) with text-adding capabilities, for "advanced users" maybe a gif-animator-software . and an idea.

if you have no idea and are looking for inspiration, if you have an idea but don´t dare to give it a try on your own - this is intended to request. yes, request ;) there are a lot of skilled, talented phunners around who are happy to help you. consider sig-making not as their main-job here on phun, so be patient, but history shows - never heard of anyone left alone without help.

hosting

preliminary remark: no full-page sigs (~450x150px is fine), no excessive multi-pic-sigs which are worth to be called a thread of its own, no multi-meg-sized gif´s due to have the pageload in reasonable limits.

the key for presenting proper signatures on phun is to have an imagehost which allows hotlinking. recommended imagehosts for posting (www.imagevenue.com, www.keepmyfile.com, www.freeimagehost.eu) don´t allow hotlinking.

all you need is to go to "User CP" -> "edit signature" and paste what you got by following the "instructions" for each filehost. have a look at some restrictions in the TOS/FAQ of the filehost you choose (nudity, additional text, file-sizes etc.).

step 1 - upload: [​IMG]

step 2 - copy code: [​IMG]

step 3: paste into "edit signature"

=> [​IMG]

(scroll down to the bottom of the page after selecting the file and klick on "upload")

step 2 - copy code: [​IMG]

step 3 - paste into "edit signature" via "insert image" (marked button): [​IMG]

=> [​IMG]

step 2: [​IMG]

step3: [​IMG]

step4 - copy marked code: [​IMG]

step 5: paste into "edit signature"

=> [​IMG]

step 1 - upload (no "resize"): [​IMG]

step 2 - copy marked code: [​IMG]

step3: paste into "edit signature"

=> [​IMG]

toolz likes this.
  2. Euphoria

Euphoria Official Phun.org Amateur Model ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is a great tutorial, River.. thanks for taking the time and effort!

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

lots of time to be dealt with waiting for E...... ;)

let´s see how it works.

4. lostboys

lostboys I was invited

Thanks for the tips River. I have been seeing a lot of requests lately.

5. LUvNiT

LUvNiT

Hey RIVER thanks for putting that together much appreciated! i would like to have a SIG one day if anyone would care to help me out?, i was trying to hold out until i contributed more but see'n as how there has been a few requests lately i thought i would jump on the wagon..lol, i have a few pics if anyone is keen to help me out please pm me! if u would like me to contribute more then no i have no worys with earning my stripes!! cheers!

6. Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman Coochieness

Good job Riv!

I am willing to help people out with sigs... jpgs or gifs are not a problem for me. Just PM me with what you are looking for and I will assist you the best I can.

7. LIVEDREAM2

LIVEDREAM2

Great job in the step by step River, I know if it weren't for the awesome people here at phun, I wouldn't have my sig(Special thanks to Tai Pan and brcook09). Everyone here at phun is great......One thing I have noticed indeed is all you have to do is ask for help. Keep up the great work people........Oh and by the way.........I wouldn't mind one bit if someone would make me another sig....hint hint. Later all you phunners out there.:twisted:

8. TheRiver

credits to TaiPan for the idea that led to this thread. ;)

9. Shthappens78

Shthappens78 Phun's Phunky Ass Munky

^^^ LOL

Or you just trade favors with someone ;) and let them create something unique for you ;)

10. d.Drama

d.Drama Board Devil© No. I

Wouldn´t be possible too host the avatars at another server? Like the sigs?

11. Jennarous

Jennarous Officially Retired

I've had sigs turned off since day one.

Some are unbelievably big, and can be rather tedious if the same poster has posted a few times in quick succession.

12. dolphinfan

dolphinfan

I'm new here, and I am not sure how to make the good long length sigs, I f anyone out there would make me one i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

dolphinfan

13. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

^^^

I probably should do that when people are around the house. But the search for Darkwars fuckers and sig abusers is never ending, so must stick through it :)

14. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

I'm no good but someone here can help. But give some ideas on what you want so anyone intending to make one has an idea where to start.

15. TheRiver

moved your request to this thread. as mentioned in the initial post - this is not only meant to give some hints, but also a place to "combine" forces.

anyone - feel invited to post your requests here.

seen some replies here from phunners who are willing to help ;)

kka3987 likes this.
  16. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

Gotta keep a good selection of sigs too :D

never know when your gonna need a change ;)

17. Jetstream

Jetstream Goodnight Julia

Alright, then. I'd like to request a signature please, if it is not too much to ask.

I'll even make it simple for you by providing the pic I would like to use.
    See: http://www.imagehaven.net/img/38994202006-09-14-lrg.jpg

If you have any other ideas for a custom sig for good ol' Jetstream here, feel free to hit me up for comments. I would just like a simple sig to convey who I am, but in a unique way.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

18. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Ok, I'll sacrifice myself to the sig gods as the first idiot that cant seem to get this to work for me. I've tried using ImageTitan as the sample showed and a couple other free image hosters that claimed they allowed hotlinking. I can get a thumb image to load perfectly as it seems all hosts have provided only that option thus far. What I continue to come up with when trying to copy and paste my image is what River got in his 3rd sample.. the red X'd box. BTW, my image is of "legal" size as I scaled mine from another sig on this site.

Any suggestions? Other image hosting sites recommended? This is the image/sig I'm trying to use

http://upithere.com/view/12340

Jetstream likes this.
  19. Jetstream

Jetstream Goodnight Julia

Although this thread has died, you are in luck that I like to search and aid others :mrgreen:

Since your sig has no nudity, I would suggest uploading to tinypic.com; also, uploadem.com is good too for the full-size pic-posting.

NOTE: (I would refrain from using imagesocket or imagehigh, since it seems they almost never fully load, and that can hurt the speed of the page that you are opening if someone is waiting only because your hosted-signature won't seem to load.)

SilentB likes this.
  20. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Thanks Jetstream... Uploadem did it

Jetstream likes this.