1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Live Jasmin popovers

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by bignick47, Sep 7, 2011.

1. bignick47

bignick47

Hi - I'm fed up getting these every time I refresh a Phun page. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop them? I use Firefox with NoScript.

HELP!:mad:

2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

well, these popups help to pay the bills here...

apels1nen, Jedi Mindtricks and Inuk like this.
  3. bignick47

bignick47

Ok - fair enough. They are annoying but I can live with them. I didn't realise they were an integral part of the site.

4. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I think it's a popunder...

5. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Nope

6. TheOne

you sure? the last few times it have opened a new window all quiet in the background.. maybe I should pay more attention to it next time.

7. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

It always opens a new damn window on top. It pisses me off.
    Could be your browser or settings, I'm not saying your wrong.

8. Tim

Tim Bouncing! ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Most Spirited Phunner

I don't get any pop ups or unders on this site.I'm using Firefiox 3.6 on a 5 year old laptop.Maybe I lack the technology to receive advertising :)

JDoeson69 likes this.
  9. TheOne

definately a popunder.. both my machines are older than 5 years, and are using FF3.6something on both.

10. Snowflake

Snowflake

I'm using firefox 5.0.1 and "NoScript" and I don't see it

11. bignick47

bignick47

so am I and I do! it's a definite popover on mine. The trouble is, when using Firefox, I have 15 tabs open at a time, showing all my favourites. When I close FF, the popup is still there and wipes all the tabs!!

12. Capster

Capster ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

the popunder shows once per day if you allow cookiesto each site that live jasmin advertises on, if you dont allow cookies then it will show repeatedly. the cookie tells LJ you already saw the ad.

you will see it once from Phun, Image venue, Image bam, image haven, sharenxs to name a few

13. Jedi Mindtricks

Jedi Mindtricks goodbye

im still on firefox 3.6.22, and i use adblockplus and noscript, but i always used to see the livejasmin pop-up-under, but i havent seen it for weeks now, i thought that phun got rid of it or something..

and for the record, i dont think 1 popup a day is anything to get worked up over..:2cent:

try going to other sites and see how many they have..

hell, i got a virus that crashed my laptop from a popup at another celeb site..

edit: oh, i missed the part where u said u see it every time u refresh, i dont know about that, i would only see it once per day..

14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

That's how it starts...

15. powermaw

powermaw

16. baldymofo

baldymofo

P.U.K add on for firefox which used to be called killjasmin will deal with all pop ups and unders

17. bignick47

bignick47

18. powermaw

powermaw

odd, that's the version i am using.

19. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

There seems to be an awful lot of turmoil with you "power users". Click the X in the Live Jasmin window once upon logging on/in, and you shouldn't see it again for the rest of your stay at phun. The same goes for it's use at sharenxs.
    If you all enjoy pilfering, and posting pics here, and with the use of sharenxs, methinks an X click is a small price to pay. But...maybe I'm wrong.

TheOne likes this.
  20. bignick47

bignick47

Salty Longshanks: If it only did it once there would be no problem. I understand the need to fund the site. The trouble is. it does it EVERY time I click on anything - it's just done it when I clicked on "quick reply" as well. I don't like moaning, but it's a pain the arse!