1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Logo design needed

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Jammsbro, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

A friend of mine is building a website for the first time and he needs help. It's a website about extreme sports in scotland. Whats on offer, where and all that stuff. He's calling it "Northern Extremes".

He's asked for help with a logo and sketched a (really) rough design out for me. I said i would do him a version or two. I also said about getting the WORLD FAMOUS CREATIVE CREW onto it. So i thought one or two or you very talented chaps might want to try your skills with it.

Here is the sketch he did. It's a mountain with waves. And he wants the text "Northern Extremes" on it somewhere, without the ""'s obviously. Anything posted here i'll forward to him and if he chooses it you can see it on his site when it goes up.

[​IMG]

By the way, feel free to take that sketch as a base as i'm sure if you come up with anything mountain/wave like that is cool he'll love it.

Redwing1, Cy and GBTG like this.
  2. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweet, I love projects! I'll try a few things out and get them up ASAP. :thumbs:

Jammsbro likes this.
  3. GBTG

Not really following the concept, but it's just a thought I wanted to finish! :lol:

I'll try some other ideas out later.

[​IMG]

4. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'll do up a few. Sounds like fun :) Color? blue/green/white? lineart? Is he after a stylised type logo or traditional? Does he want this to be useful as an overlay for artwork(like we use on collages etc)? Oh, and how large and resolutions required?

5. Jammsbro

To be honest, every time i give him something he just says naah. So i'd say to just do what you want. It'll be better than his pencil sketch anyway.

Dan, thats awesome mate, big time.

6. Redwing1

Redwing1 LOW LIFE ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

With the unreal talent around here i can only imagine the stuff that'll be presented in the coming days ....

7. GBTG

Something sleeker:

[​IMG]

Cy, smi, Cold As Ice and 5 others like this.
  8. Cy

[​IMG]

I tried to stay with the requested idea.
    [​IMG]

in use as a pic logo
    [​IMG]

9. Cy

Is it too spread out? Theres something off about it.

10. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I thought...Scotland....Sports....Hmmmmmm???

NO contest.

[​IMG]

:D

Ronsonol, smi, Magge and 6 others like this.
  11. Jammsbro

It was old firm day today so thats about right.

12. Cy

Updated and much more usable IMO.
    [​IMG]

and the PNG so it has transparency

[​IMG]

That's as much time as I'll put into it without knowing whether I'm wasting my time.
    Maybe he'll like it. :cheers:

13. Jammsbro

He said he's going to come in tonight to post. I've got a couple of things ready to post too. One of them is a GIANT COCK!!!

14. northernextremes

northernextremes

Thanks for the logo designs people, i didnt think anyone would be interested in helping out. I really love that first one, looks so professional, i couldnt do that if i had all the time in the world. Thanks GBTG. The other ones are def heading in the right direction, however id rather spell it as northern extremes, as opposed to xtremes. It looks like what i had in my head apart from the font and shape of the mountains. Its a million miles from where im going to get on my own so thanks. Hope to see more soon!! Any more questions just post them here.

15. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Just want to know if you're looking for a logo or a header type thing that GBTG made.

16. northernextremes

northernextremes

Its to be used as the header for my website, so whatever fits i suppose. thanks.

17. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Okay, and do you have a size in mind? Will it be bigger than phuns header?

18. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

i'll definitely give this a go, hopefully later tonight or in the next day or two

19. Cy

Ok, a site header, np. I was going more for logo. Is your site light toned or dark? What aspect ratio do you want for it? 790x300 like blogspot? or wider/ taller? It really helps to know so we can provide what's wanted. What style of font are you looking for? If it's a header then you wont want an oval or ring border if you want the whole page to look uniform. Do you want the text stacked or strung out in a line or "Northern Extremes" over smaller "Scottish Games"? The spelling is no biggie, I thought it was an XtremeSports tribute page or something, that's why the spelling and the red font. It's as close as I could get to the 1999-2000 xtreme skateboarding games pic I found online.

The more direction you can give us, the better result you're gonna get.

20. Jammsbro

His website is called www.northernextremes.co.uk It not about the scottish games. Its an information site about extreme sports, climbing, surfing, snowboarding, ice climbing and so on. I think Northern Extremes is the only text he wants.

Cy likes this.