1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Logo design needed

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Jammsbro, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Ok, I just got confused by the "extreme sports in Scotland" and thought it was Scot specific. Has he given you any clues as to aspect ratio for it? Given that nfo we can make things large sized that will auto scale down on lower end systems and still look right, like phun's 3:1 sigs. 5:1 or 6:1 would probably be feasible depending on his taste.

2. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'll tell him to come on here as soon as i see him on msn cylnz.

3. northernextremes

northernextremes

You guys are hittin me with technical jargon, makes me sound a bit slow but this is my first website. Iv had to teach myself html, css and dreamweaver just to get started as i dont wana use premade templates. Only thing i cant learn is how to design good logos! Maybe logo is the wrong word. Its to use at the top of my pages, and hopefully eventually on stickers etc to promote it. I like the size of the phun header if that helps. I only want the words northern extremes and images like mountains, waves etc. Anythin else needed? Im eternally grateful!!!!

Cy likes this.
  4. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

Quickly knocked together in about half an hour, size can be adjusted to whatever you want...

[​IMG]

smi, Funkyboyroy, Cy and 4 others like this.
  5. northernextremes

northernextremes

Awesome innu3ndo but its not just snowboarding. Heres a quick guide to what the sites gona be. Northernextremes.co.uk, its not online yet btw, will be a go to site for anyone into extreme sports in scotland. It will provide resort info, gear guides, weather, maps, howtos and a forum. I will start of with snowboarding, surfing and climbing initially then keep adding sports as demand suits. Hope this helps. Ps the colours i was goin for were blues, reds, greens, fairly light tones. However id like your thoughts and ideas on any colour scheme u like as the site template has yet to be finalised. Thanks again.

6. Jammsbro

[​IMG]

This is more of a background concept than a web banner. After reading Colins comments i realise i'm waaay off :D

Oh well.

7. Jammsbro

[​IMG]

I need to install my 3K fonts pack. I have bugger all on this pc.

8. Cy

I have several relevant parts of a logo for stickers and things moving pretty well, but nothing suitable for a header.
    Idea for header:
    (far right working to left) craggy snowtop mountain with snow obviously blowing left into blue sky(silhouette snowboard/skier). Fade in waves in sky rising to (silhouette surfer)wave crest which fades into back side of mountain at mid left (silhouette climber) at far left. Have the entire sequence sitting atop a text base. This sound like the general direction for the header?

Then the logo can be stylised for product marking?
    It's going to be difficult to use a header of detail as a logo(and expensive).

Jammsbro and northernextremes like this.
  9. AFX

AFX Guest

Simple logo idea.

[​IMG]

10. Jammsbro

I think he'll like that one. Add waves to it and he'll love it. I think.

11. Cy

[​IMG]

Header @ 4:1 ratio 800x200, so it's good for monitors down to 800x600

Update with a totally different style of txt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source files:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Cy

Dont see why not. You'd need to start your own thread just like Jamms did for his friend, and I'd suggest you wait until his is done to ask so you dont try to split peoples attention.

13. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's so true! :lol:

But yeah, start a thread and I'd be more than happy to try a few things out for you! :thumbs:

14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

What sort of logo? A business card type logo? Or the side of a van? And how do you want it to look? Sleek and expensive or a jack of all trades I can do it all sort of thing?
    Make a thread and answer these, gonna have a photoshop day tomorrow and will do both these requests.

15. Jammsbro

Laird, the king. :D

16. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

Just had a try:

[​IMG]

17. Jammsbro

Brilliant. Turning the N + E into the mountain and wave is inspired D-man :D

dAlieman likes this.
  18. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

that's excellent, inspired work!

dAlieman likes this.
  19. northernextremes

northernextremes

Amazing guys, thanks CylnZ, dAlieman and jammsbro. Inca rods i love the simplicity of yours, its pretty sweet. Looking good, i love them. I like the idea of the N and E as waves n mountains. I was thinkin itd be good to have a really awesome header for the site but also have a simpler version i can then use in future for advertising thats cheaper to print etc. Some of these surf/snow specific ones can be edited and used as headers for their respective pages!! Really liking the work. Dont wana use up all your spare time folks!!

Cy likes this.
  20. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

No worries, glad to help fellow phun'ers :)