1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an animated GIF creator (from video files)

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Hai 2 u, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hai 2 u

Hai 2 u

Hi all.

I'm looking for an app or piece of software that can create animated GIFs from video files.

I've tried Ulead GIF Animation 5 but it's old software and refuses to work with Windows 7.

Need to be able to crop an area of the video and select start and finish times/segments. I know this is dependent on codecs but it needs to be compatible with a variety of video types.

Any advice appreciated.

2. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Try Photoshop CS5

neomorpheos and apels1nen like this.
  3. runchbox

runchbox

I've used Ulead in Windows 7 for a couple years with no problem.
    You may want to address the issue with your computer.

Nemesis likes this.
  4. Nemesis

Nemesis

Same here.

5. DreadPirate

DreadPirate

It's a somewhat tedious process but I've been using VLC's feature of frame by frame snapshot and then using PhotoScape to create the animated GIF.

6. Defilen

Defilen The Master ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

All the things mentioned thusfar are good, I would add that VirtualDub allows you to gif direct from the video file.

7. warmachinex

warmachinex In Margot Robbies Panties Ten Years of Phun

8. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

you mean like photoscape

9. qwerty23832

qwerty23832

Ok, i've worked with imaging software for 17 years and I am trying photoscape for the first time. I've searched everywhere, but how do you make a gif loop in photoscape. It must be so obvious that I can't see the loop option because I am trying too hard.