1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Lukin's "Work in Progress" thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Lukin, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

hope no one minds if i start a thread for showing some stuff i'm doing as i go. these are by no means tutorials because it's gonna be stuff i'm learning myself and just updating as i go.

first off, i'm currently working in illustrator, not photoshop, attempting to learn how to effectively vectorize pictures, which is an incredibly long and tedious procedure but the results can be incredible. this isn't a case of running an effect filter on the picture, it involves completely recreating the picture by hand over the original.

here's an example of a picture of the beautiful Ann i'm working on, with the first 2 steps shown. (i hope she doesn't mind me using her pic!) any rough or sharp edges aren't intended and won't be visible in the final picture, just depends which layers are visible in any given picture!

<<images deleted by host>>

Ann's face is pretty much how i want it but i just threw the detail on her boobs together quickly to demonstrate here, all the shadows still look a bit blobby and too rounded. i'll keep adding more stages of these and other things i'm working on in the future, and if anyone is doing something similar feel free to post and show what you've got.

Cheers!

(also, to the mods, if there's a problem using full size pics instead of thumbs, let me know and i'll change them, just makes it easier to compare and see how it all comes together)

mah0ne, smi, Cy and 7 others like this.
  2. Lukin

this took me about an hour and a half to make this morning. it's a combination of original photo, photoshop and 3d modelling. inspired by the sort of action movie and comic book character/scene sculptures you can get. posted it earlier in the out-of-bounds thread but it's quiet in there and i figured it's not entirely suited to that thread so i'll put it in here

[​IMG]

from this pic
    [​IMG]

Kaleidoscope, mah0ne, A.tab and 12 others like this.
  3. Masscott

Masscott

Absolutely superb!! Love it. Great work.

Lukin likes this.
  4. whoeverknows

whoeverknows Guest

Stupendous work lukin!!

Lukin likes this.
  5. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Excellent work Lukin!

As long as you use approved image hosts, there shouldn't be any problem.

Bigger is better, or so I've been told :)

Lukin likes this.
  6. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

nicely done, I can't wait to see the finished product. Kudos on the megan fox pic.

Lukin likes this.
  7. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

That Megan pic is the stuff I wanna learn. That. Is the shit right there.

Lukin likes this.
  8. phildgray

phildgray

Wow thats incredible work on the Megan Fox pic, amazing what can be acheived. Look forward to seeing more of your work in this thread.

Lukin likes this.
  9. mouse12

mouse12

WTF this that was sick dude!

Lukin likes this.
  10. Lukin

been a while since i posted anything in here, this isn't so much a work in progress as much as something i did a few years ago and stumbled upon the other day. the logo needs replacing with the proper style, not just a similar font i found! whole image is computer generated from over 11,000 polygons.

[​IMG]

and an old timey style edit (photoshopped)

[​IMG]

Cy and irish-sid like this.
  11. Lukin

[​IMG]

another one along the lines of my previous Megan Fox one. not entirely convinced on this one, even though everything is much more detailed and better put together than the megan one, i don't think it works as well :(

an amalgamation of pics from this thread http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=438719

mah0ne, Innu3ndo, A.tab and 4 others like this.
  12. Ollie

Ollie In ze future

^^^^^ that is freaken awesome.

Lukin likes this.
  13. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Is the white line all down the back of the girl in the blue dress meant to be there? It breakes the billboard at the back up a bit.

Looks very cool, great perspectives and a true 3D feel.

Lukin likes this.
  14. Lukin

yeah it is, it's on the original poster. i was thinkin of filling it in cos it does look like a mistake!

[​IMG]

irish-sid likes this.
  15. Ollie

Ollie In ze future

or you can just move the girl so that you cover the white line, if you can.

Lukin likes this.
  16. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

yeah, the white line is odd in the poster as well. It doesnt run from top to bottom like 2 picture sections would, doesnt line up on her axis to make a point that she is torn in her love for both brothers, etc. Maybe by moving Nat left as was suggested it will kill the line and put the blue dress Nat in a more contrasting area, she seems a bit washed out imo, flesh on white bg.

Lukin likes this.
  17. Lukin

yeah, I'll try shifting her over a bit tonight. cheers guys.

18. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

awesome stuff as always Lukin :thumbs:

Lukin likes this.
  19. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

Lukin,

Thanks for creating this thread. It's a real pleasure to have another artist share his or her work. You have solid Illustrator skills.

irish-sid and Lukin like this.
  20. Lukin

[​IMG]

few adjustments, think it works a lot better now, thanks for the opinions

cgtmon and Ollie like this.