1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Malware Warning

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Sep 17, 2012.

1. cayne

cayne Guest

Hello everybody,
    as some of you might have noticed, there are "malware warnings" popping up for some users. It seems like somebody was able to inject some malicious <iframe> code. We're investigating this situation and trying to get rid of this shit as soon as possible.

Be assured this didn't come from us, but from some low-life "hackers" who are trying to mess with you and us.

We are sorry for the inconveniences and will inform you as soon as we know more about this and have it removed. Thanks!

2. cayne

cayne Guest

I've found the injected code and removed it, now it's time to find out how the hell this happened :<

JDoeson69, blump314, Ramsfan and 12 others like this.
  3. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

got this message when I clicked on "Why the page was blocked"

4. cayne

cayne Guest

Yeah, looks like I have Google have to review the site again. But I also need to find out how this could have happened in the first place :<

PlanetHendrix likes this.
  5. Beerhammer

Beerhammer

Yeah, I've been getting red flags all over the place from Firefox's "Stopbadware.org" saying exactly the same thing :(

6. Sennsational

Sennsational BANNED ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is it even safe to be on this site right now? I came here just to see what was going on with this. Every time I try open another page, the warning pops up.

7. cronus

cronus ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I am still getting this message, although i am ignoring it and browsing the site anyways :)

8. Sennsational

Sennsational BANNED ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah me too. That means we probably have an addiction :D Although I am getting the fucking message every time I change pages. It is obnoxious.

9. jdc

jdc

Hadn't happened to me, till now. Oh well, joining the party now. :D

10. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Ramsfan and J3scribe like this.
  11. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

A few minutes ago i started getting a 2nd message about another site!
    forum.phun.org contains content from pw-2.pw-1.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

12. cronus

cronus ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ah same story here brother :)

13. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Dont open new tabs...the message doesnt appear if i continue in the same tab on Chrome!

trolha555 likes this.
  14. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

My computer does not like phun ! Unusable with the constant warnings. Who ever did this did a dirty job.

15. whoswho

whoswho

Yes, even this exact page's source code contains an iframe link to this site, and is hidden on this page, so beware.

At least be running a browser with a "noscript" type plugin.

16. darkfido

darkfido

Time to crab the pitchforks and torches and hunt that wee fucker down

X-Spectre likes this.
  17. cayne

cayne Guest

I'm not sure why the browsers still show these warnings, as the code has been removed, so technically it isn't possible to catch something from browsing the forum, but it takes awhile for Google and all these virus scanners to show the changes. We're still working on this...this is horrible ://

X-Spectre and haydaddict like this.
  18. whoswho

whoswho

Horrible indeed. Just to help, there is still an iframe link on this page from what I can see:
    WARNING: DO NOT GO TO THIS LINK

X-Spectre and haydaddict like this.
  19. whoswho

whoswho

UPDATE: and now that code is gone.

20. cayne

cayne Guest

Yeah, I was looking for it...couldn't find it. Have you seen it via "show source code"?