1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

My 9,000th post - The Terry debacle

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by LarsUlrichTheSecond, Feb 5, 2010.

?

John Terry, yes or no?

1. Yes, keep him as captain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, somebody else, but who?!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Rio's appointment must be a joke or doing of a sick mind..
    why can't Capello look ahead and plan by appointing Gerard on a long term basis.

LarsUlrichTheSecond likes this.
  2. arespilgrim

arespilgrim Blast from the Past ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Personally, I'd like to think Capello is playing it smart. Rio was Vice-Captain, and Gerrard was his third. So they all bump up one.

To snatch the Captaincy away from Rio right now would be a bit of a slap in the face, and Capello doesn't need those headlines.

I'd expect a new captain after the Egypt game.

3. LarsUlrichTheSecond

LarsUlrichTheSecond I'm back! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I'd say Gerrard would be a good captain, but kudos for Capello for not changing his mind at the minute...

Beckham would be a fairytale captain though! :D

Cheers everyone too :beerchug:

4. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

i'd make someone else captain, but not because of all this shit in the papers, just cos i don't like him and i don't think he's good enough to be captain.

as for all the media recently, i don't really see how having an affair makes you unfit to be captain if you were fit enough to be captain beforehand, and it's the way the media handles stuff like this that causes more problems than the original act.

i do however find it laughable that a guy who cheats on his wife isn't suitable to be captain, but a drink driving drug cheat is.

i'd personally vote for gerrard for captain, but he's not had the best year with the papers either has he?!

5. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

False claims, nothing proven.

6. Lukin

true but it's still unwanted press attention. the whole terry thing wouldn't have been as much of an issue as its become if it wasn't for the papers, and it seems to come down to being a responsible role model, which is a joke since 90% of footballers are knuckle dragging morons who don't know how to handle their money or attitudes.

7. arespilgrim

So, Gerrard likes a bit of a bevy with mates and stands up if there's a ruck.

But he doesn't cat around on his missus, doesn't generally make stupid statements in public or go speeding about in wildly expensive cars, doesn't miss drug tests and actually gives a shit about his club, country and the fans.

Put him alongside Rio, Rooney (hahahahahaha), or even Becks for role model status and as a leader you can both support and respect, it's Gerrard every day of the week and twice today 'cos it's a Sunday. :wink:

8. Lukin

yeah as I say, I'd happily go for gerrard.

as for even the idea of Rooney as captain, christ. I'm sure ladbrokes take bets on how many times he'll use the words "fucking cunt" over a given 90 minutes, in front of the nation's children.

9. arespilgrim

Merely proves that Fergie really couldn't give a fuck about anything or anyone in his quest for more silver.

10. Lukin

or more whisky

11. arespilgrim

12. Funkyboyroy

Funkyboyroy PG and Yayboobies Bitch ! Ten Years of Phun

Congrats on 9k posts Lars :beerchug:

I have nothing more to add on John Terry, Billy summed it up in one word - CUNTBAG !!!

13. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

baldymofo likes this.
  14. baldymofo

baldymofo

I agree that terry is a twat and unfit to captain or national team let alone be in it. However no one ever seems to give the slut who opened her legs any bad press, men can be easily tempted.but it is true to say with the money he gets paid and the position he is in is a privilage and should be treated as such.
    Rooney for captian his commitment and work rate make him the obvious choice for me.............why you would pick Jar Jar Binks is beyond me

15. LarsUlrichTheSecond

CAPTAIN BECKS, the country should have a vote! Even though I'm pretty much behind Capello... but I'm not sure about Ferdinand.

16. arespilgrim

No-one sees the irony of people bigging up Ferdinand for the job when he didn't even suit up this weekend?

17. arespilgrim

18. LarsUlrichTheSecond

Hahaha, Mike O'Who?

And did Ferdinand get a game yesterday?!

19. arespilgrim

If that Sastard link is accurate, he was in the stands.

I'm telling you, only reason he's captain today is because he was vice-captain.

Capello's playing it so he can switch him out when there's some clear blue water between that and this.

20. LarsUlrichTheSecond

:D I'd like to think so, Ferdinand's just about lost it now I reckon...

Gerrard or Beckham for me