1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

NEW "CELEBRITY EXTRA" FORUM

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by S-type, Feb 27, 2013.

1. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

We are shortly to create a new "Celebrity Extra" forum, which will primarily be aimed at facilitating healthy discussion/comment about celebrity gossip, news, personalities, fashion, trends, etc., and at providing a home for celebrity-related material that is not showbiz-event-driven or hot paparazzi-acquired, and that currently finds itself pushed outside the Celebrity arena because it fails to meet Celebrity Forum criteria.

The two existing celebrity forums' rules will remain essentially as they are, but we plan to rename the Celebrity Forum as Celebrity Photos. We are currently considering rules/guidelines for the new forum.

In the meantime we'd be interested to hear from you celebrity aficionados - comments/ideas?

2. Kempt

Kempt ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Seems like a good idea to me, although most people are here only for the pics.

3. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

What's the driving force behind this? Perhaps too many celeb picture threads that get hijacked for pages and pages by arguments about plastic surgery? Or maybe too many who-is-hotter or who-should-do-playboy threads in the General Forum?

I know some people dislike chatter in the picture/content threads, but it's a forum after all. It's the hot content that sparks the conversation. A bit absurd to have a thought pop into your head in one forum, but have to navigate to another forum to express yourself.

Xray likes this.
  4. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

excellent :)

5. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Nice idea with 2 exceptions or maybe rule for it:

1) Posters might post the same thing in both forums ("Celebrity Photos" and "Celebrity Extra") and just add a tiny comment to it in "Celebrity Extra" about her or what she is wearing for eg.

2) Posters could put the same post in "Celebrity Extra", "Celebrity Photos" and also the "Oops thread". (people are already doing the latter 2) then they could add a line of text in "Extra".

If you rule out photo's in the new forum, this could solve a lot of doubling (and then tripling), which already exists enough.

Just depends on exactly what you want in each forum.

:2cent:

J3scribe likes this.
  6. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Rather see a forum for HQ and UHQ and a forum for the rest

7. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

there`s not only ONE reason. we seem to have quiite a few threads (and likely more will follow) that don`t really "strictly" fit in the GF or/and the CF.

8. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'd guess there's a mess in the general forums, mostly 1 page celeb news, that could all be dumped into the "celeb news" sub-forum of the celeb section. I like it.

Could we dump the "oops" thread in there then just let it go? it's not like it will ever STOP being a pita. Oops seems like an opportunity to argue almost by definition, dump it there then whoever lives to make it out, lives.

Ramsfan and Big Bamboo! like this.
  9. Smoopy

I somehow feel you will do what you think is best ;)

10. S-type

I can't speak for all my colleagues, but I don't expect the existing celebrity forums to change character greatly following the introduction of the new forum. Apart from obviously providing a home for celebrity material that currently doesn't fit in either of those forums, it will provide a setting for wider celebrity issues than a specific photo(set) or event.

Companies don't provide Conference Rooms in order to prevent you chatting at your desk or in the corridor, or to ban watercooler moments! :)

J3scribe likes this.
  11. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

That is the general idea, yes.

Oops is destined for the new forum, as well as some other photo megathreads from both the GF and CF.

12. J3scribe

We're not eliminating comments and discussion in threads in the Celebrity Photos section, that will continue as usual. But I like the idea of limiting repetitive posting between sections. There's no need for it. Oops would be an exception because that is what that thread is for, as I've explained to you in the past. I know you don't like it Smoop but it's not like everything that gets posted in the celeb forum also winds up in Oops. The actual percentage is very small.

Ramsfan and Smoopy like this.
  13. Smoopy

What's the take on all the page-3 models etc? and/or lesser known celebs?

Surely they are "Celebrity Extras"

14. Smoopy

So it sounds like pics will be in all forums?

15. J3scribe

Yup. But Celeb Ex will be more like this forum where you can post youtube videos or random news stuff or gossip or Guess The Celebrity Ass (which will be moved there) and other stuff which is celebrity specific. Discussion about movies, like what's happening in the Star Wars universe, or who's banging who or whatever. That kind of stuff.

Ramsfan and Smoopy like this.
  16. MCA

MCA Drinkin' Ale and Chasin' Tail ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

How can we discuss celeb news and fashion without pics that would be already posted in the forum. I'm confused.

Xray and jzilla like this.
  17. S-type

They sound like topics for discussion in the Celebrity Extra forum! :)

PS There'll be no bar to images in the new forum, but the image forums will predominantly remain the other forums.

Smoopy and Lirva_Engival like this.
  18. Smoopy

"The two existing celebrity forums' rules will remain essentially as they are, but we plan to rename the Celebrity Forum as Celebrity Photos. We are currently considering rules/guidelines for the new forum."

Was an assumption, and thought the new Forum was possibly for discussons etc, as per the original post in this thread.
    Now it has been clarified.

19. leviathan0999

leviathan0999 BANNED

One suggestion for the new forum: NS4W has a "Cebrity News and Gossip" forum that takes feeds from other gossip sites on the Internet. At this point, all it gets is TMZ, but it used to also carry posts from "Oh No They Didn't," "Just Jared" and a few other sites. There was some automated system that put up new items from those sites as new postings. I think, especially if it subscribes to a wide range of gossip sites, such a forum would be a good part of the "Celebrity Extras" section you're contemplating. If it can only subscribe to one, such as TMZ, it would be pretty pointless, though.

20. Kempt

Kempt ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've always been wondering why all those unknown glamour/ erotic models are being posted in the celeb forum, that content doesn't belong to the celeb forum, there is a whole separate sub forum about erotic models.

Smoopy and Big Bamboo! like this.