1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

NEW "CELEBRITY EXTRA" FORUM

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by S-type, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

I thanked you for your effort in posting the picture and yes it was a nice picture nothing more nothing less!
    Shall I not thank you or your efforts anymore?

2. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

in reality, many celebs now use Twitter/Facebook more than their officlal websites
    for example, kylie.com was only updated twice during February yet Kylie Minogue is a Twitter junkie
    posting updates of her activities,pics and other stuff on a daily - sometimes hourly basis!
    the pics are LQ but are relevant because they are taken by herself or one of her team
    (not taken for financial gain by some stalking pap)
    the internet has moved on (although it seems some phunners haven't) and social media
    in now an important part of celebrity "chatter"....
    i,for one, am glad that mods have created this new and relevant forum
    long may it continue...i'm sure it will! :)

Ramsfan and J3scribe like this.
  3. jzilla

jzilla

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the fella that posted this picture. also what's up with the half quote?

4. Kempt

Kempt ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

But many of her threads ends like this http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=1062129&highlight=Jennette+McCurdy

It's true that CF was cluttered with twitpics lately and their number is increasing by the day. Now everything is much more tidy and the Twit/Insta pics lovers can find them all in one place while people like me who are usually scrolling through that stuff will be relieved. I used to enjoy twitpics when people were posting only the best of them but now people started to overload the forum with not worth, boring social media pics like the one in the link i posted above.

Eww, that's the crap I'm trying to avoid here.

Ramsfan and Xray like this.
  5. RAMistheMAN

RAMistheMAN ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The big deal is I don't want to use the Extra forum and be stuck in the middle of random pointless discussions mixed in with new pictures. 75% of my posts are Twitter/Instagram. If I don't post them in the Celebrity Photos forum, I'm going to be posting a lot less, which is not something I want to do. So I'll keep fighting for this.

If you don't like Instagram, don't click on the thread. I LABEL THE THREADS! That should be good enough.

And like Lirva pointed out, you seldom give thanks to anything. All you do is bitch whenever you open one of my Instagram threads, despite it being LABELED! Why even open them if you don't like Instagram? Just to bitch!

Sribe, I know you're not a fan of Instagram pictures, but there are a lot of people here who are. They're CELEBRITY PHOTOS! It's asinine that they're being pushed away from the CELEBRITY PHOTOS forum just because they're LQ and have effects, and being put in a forum for DISCUSSION AND CELEBRITY GOSSIP. I've proven already that a lot of those pictures are well worth being posted in the Celebrity Photos forum. And with them being here, they'll get much less attention.

I have been thanked 36,114 times in two years while posting 75% Instagram/Twitter. Obviously, people like and appreciate my threads. I would really like to continue only posting in the Celebrity Photos forum and without Instagram/Twitter, that won't happen nearly as often.

Who are you doing this for? I get some people don't like Instagram/Twitter. But you're completely ignoring the ones who do like them. The thanks I get easily outweighs the occasional comment about how Instagram sucks. You think I like every HQ picture someone posts? No. But at least I'm able to label my pictures to allow people to know to skip over them when they don't want to see Instagram.

As for Maria, I'm sure you woud've liked a HQ picture, but there might not have even been a picture without Instagram. So just be happy there was something. Better something than nothing.

Reconsider the decision to move Instagram/Twitter here permanently.

Ramsfan and jzilla like this.
  6. RAMistheMAN

RAMistheMAN ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not every thread is going to get insane attention, or any at all, but they're Celebrity Photos, and if someone takes the time to post them, they should be allowed to stay in the Celebrity Photos forum - no matter the quality. I'd rather look at that picture of Jennette than this for example: http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=1022267. HQ doesn't mean anything. If the picture's hot, the picture's hot, regardless if it's LQ or not.

jzilla likes this.
  7. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I get it, I totally do. My preferences of image quality in no way negates the relevance people place on social media images. In regards to that, let it roll.

I hope this forum is a complete success. :)

Lirva_Engival likes this.
  8. jzilla

jzilla

No idea how to correctly quote you.

I was posting a pic the other guy posted, the guy I was talking to. But since you went and attacked me, what I'm trying to avoid is stuff like this: http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=1063278 it's "HQ" but completely impersonal and not sexy at all. How is this better than bikini twitter pictures? I guess to each their own.

9. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If somebody wants to go to some idiot teenager's twitter and drool over the pics they can do that easy enough. There are 3 primary teens you post and everybody knows where to find them. Perhaps if they had some HQ pics I would have an interest but another pic of stella with her tongue hanging out like a slobbering golden retriever in heat does not interest me and that's why twitagram has been moved and I'll click on any thread I want so go take a long walk off a short pier.

"People should know when they are conquered."

Quintas from
    GLADIATOR

[​IMG]

10. J3scribe

Vigorous discussion is good. However, shots across the bow (even lame ones) should be avoided. ;)

11. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I apologize to the board. I'm a tenacious bastard.

J3scribe likes this.
  12. J3scribe

It's all good. I've been known to cross the line a time or twenty. Not saying you did, just trying to head stuff off at the pass when I can.

13. RAMistheMAN

RAMistheMAN ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So, the person who creates footjob threads is criticizing what I post? lmao Good one.

It's simple. If you don't like who I post, ignore my threads. No one forces you to look at them. But the fact that you open my threads, knowing you won't like them, just to leave negative comments, just shows me your an ignorant prick.

Anyway, I'm done with this conversation. I'd rather go take a long walk off a short pier than waste any more of my time on such a useless member's irrelevant opinion.

14. JoeGamer81

JoeGamer81 BANNED

I think this forum is great. Just so long as the discussions don't knock the image posts down off the first page, I don't think there's a problem.

15. arandomguy

arandomguy Ten Years of Phun

I think you are argument has you overvalueing your own role in this. This forum is only a catalyst for pics of celebs in a way, but especially in the case of the "new" media stuff on the intrahwebs. Everybody can go to twitter, fb and instagram and start looking for the hot pics of Miley, Stella Hudgens, Molly Quinn etc.. Not that this is some bad thing or anything, it's just down the line your argument is wrong. I think you made quite some leap there when you wrote that taking the time to post a pic equals the right to stay in the celebrity photos forum. Also I have yet to see some true reasoning for your firm stand on this as I only have read "you don't get it and you are useless and that'll teach you!"

Overall, it's like people catch on to when a thread really has genuine hot stuff in them (imo Miley doing that pose that jzilla posted or getting into a car without underwear on) or just some goofy shit that appeals to the "forbidden" nature of things, the aspect that a teenager got "caught" doing a stretch in leggings. So people realize what really is hot, because... ultimately, the fake-hot stuff is a lot of white noise. I guess I can't be the only one who annoyed by seeing [name of random teenager under 18] "sitting with her feet on her toes and bare legs" and then seeing so many comments with wink smileys. It's fake-hot, at least in the real world. They get some attention from us guys for this, because they live in Hollywood (or want to) where everybody is hot and it is free attention on the intrahwebs and that's it. Sure... it is actually up to each user to click on it, you got that right. So I gotta ask: Are you banking on that combination of boredom and "why not" attitude so your threads get views? I mean with men being men and if I get your whole position right, you disagree with the latest changes because of the dicrease in views that is likely about to happen?

Also, you need to be fair to address not only your opinion. The second quote means... you rather look at that than this, right. You like to look at that picture of Jennette instead of [random other picture]. This is your opinion about pics, who they are showing in what post and what else. Those of us users who are against "you" or other instagram posters, we have our own opinion. Like you, we rather do thing A instead of thing B. The catch is, apparently we don't see the big deal in dividing those two groups of pictures up. It is mostly, all in all, teenagers who post those pics themselves on those sites and then end up in the (old) CF. Even if they were adults and post some hardcore stuff, .... what gives? (my opinion) Again, I am a bit puzzled on what to make of your whole thing here, it's not like posting these pictures will hurt your market share and profits. (right?)

16. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

what?

the pics i post from Twitter/FB are from the celeb's own Twitter/FB accounts - and many are unique,taken
    by themselves or one of their team (eg the pic i posted of Kylie Minogue in the studio)

trawling teenage Twitter/FB pages for celeb pics doesn't come into it
    i think you are a tad confused....

Smoopy likes this.
  17. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

How are general teenage Twit and FB pics even allowed in a Celebrity forum? (unless they are teen Celebs above 16)

18. arandomguy

arandomguy Ten Years of Phun

What are you guys talking about? I believe you two are trying to hang on to semantics. But then, to be technically and literally correct, I meant "minors". Whether they are under 18 and above 16 or not, they are minors.
    Lirva, I have no idea what you mean, you practically repeated what I wrote.

19. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Well unless I a stand corrected the age allowed on here is 16 and above, and this is a Celebrity thread discussion.....so

(and reading your post I don't know any one thing you are trying to get at other than the age thing, since it is written like a political speech)

20. JoeGamer81

JoeGamer81 BANNED

Why does it matter so much? You still have a forum to post the pics. Are you afraid you won't get as many thanks? Is that really why you do this? Why isn't it enough to know you're sharing pics with your fellow Phunners? I really enjoy your posts, and I'm sure going to enjoy them here in Celeb Extra, as well. I don't see why you're so bent out of shape about it.

Ramsfan and Big Bamboo! like this.