1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

No thanks?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Tnadnuder2001, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tnadnuder2001

Tnadnuder2001 BANNED

I've looked at many a pic post here. In many cases, people seem to only reply if they like the look, though I would think a "thanks" accomplishes getting that across easily enough.

I'm just curious: What do/can we do if we click it b/c we like the person, but think they look bad in these particular pics?

2. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Obviously, people reply if they "like the look" and/or enjoy a post. The thanks is just more confirmation/affirmation of that fact. This place would be one boring son of a bitch if everyone just gave "thanks", and didn't bother to post.

As to your question.....you can go into the thread, and do as you suggest. Thank the poster. Then...you can move along. He, or she didn't take the time, and effort to create a thread to read derogatory/negative comments.

Ramsfan and IronSlash like this.
  3. Tnadnuder2001

Tnadnuder2001 BANNED

People reply if they "like the look"... But they can't know that w/o first looking at it. Replying negatively is/would just be because they usually like the look of the person, but didn't like this particular look/the way the person looks in these particular pics (or 1/a few of them). That would be nothing negative toward the poster themselves.

I would think, much as with the discussion of many things in other threads (& the way many pic threads become discussions of other things) this would be just one way of making that opinion known/discussing it, etc.

4. IronSlash

IronSlash Still alive...

And as a poster, I approve this post from SL.

LOL! Dude, if you don't like a post, just don't reply, don't thank it. We don't want to discourage the ones who're giving LOT of time to contribute. I've got my lesson about it, I think you sould know it too.

Some thank just because they want to increase their "thanks" count which is useless. But... again, if you don't like... change thread or stop posting. LOL!

Ramsfan likes this.
  5. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I think you've made your point, and repeated yourself enough for one thread.

I gave you an answer, and I think we're through here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.