1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

One word posts screwing threads

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by gaphugs, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Wanna lock it up??????????

2. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Ok... my last post on this particular dead horse...

Do you REALLY see the 'conversation problem' as a problem, I mean we're being asked to apply self-regulation to the problem, can't we see the difference between an ongoing conversation and 'bumps' for bumps sake?

3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I don't

Because it's too subjective, and over regulatory. What I might feel is conversation another might see as a bump.

Self-regulation around here is like asking one of us not to masturbate, you might make it a day, or in some cases an hour, but eventually you'll cave in and :wank:

:D

X-Spectre likes this.
  4. X-Spectre

:D Exactly my point, you're not going to get people to self-regulate themselves, ffs just look, I said that last was my last post on this and.... oh fuck me nevermind, like I said, I really don't have a dog IN this fight, I just thought Grimms idea of a happy medium for those that do was a good one and sort of expanded on it ... blah blah blah, yakkety schmakkety. :p

5. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

i agree Perfect, and the bump rule would be a hassle, one more thing to worry about. bad idea.

Ramsfan likes this.
  6. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Just to be clear what we are talking about. No harm to the readabk fella, but can anyone love that many women sooo much? It is literally page after page after page.

7. X-Spectre

sorry, no match try another search term

8. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Changed, apols to quoters

Sorry, it opens up for me - anyways it is some fella posting in 50 consecutive threads in an hour...

9. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

No, and I know of some major post counters who do that in the SVF. There is no way to d/l that many files/vids in one day.

10. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Which could possibly include them leaving the forum altogether. If you put out too many "friendly" reminders to someone they might hate it. :)

Sometimes it's best to take the posts as they are and move on.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I fucking cant belive that I read through all this, anyway
    Wouldn't it be great if there were two bump buttons attached to every OP, then the bumps would be easy to follow since when used it automatically disappears, and when used it kicks the post up to first place. and that is the only allowed way to bump a thread, except for adding new material that is!

and after lets say 1 week the buttons disappear even if their not used!

I know this may be very hard to figure out how to make it work, of of even possible!

mokkoriman and X-Spectre like this.
  12. Perfect4ths

As far as I know, that option doesn't exist within the vBulletin software.

TheOne and X-Spectre like this.
  13. X-Spectre

Well damnit P4 get out your copy of 'DOS for Dummies' and program that bastard up.... we're all waiting. :rofl:

TheOne and gaphugs like this.
  14. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

lolz

:wank:

15. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you want to call someone out,pick someone else. readabk has never said anything negative about anybody....EVER!!!!! If you really have a problem with one word posts,pick on somebody else (like me) please. :2cent:

16. Perfect4ths

Can I borrow your copy? :)

You're right! Very nice, she's hot, beautiful and lovely are only positive words

:lol:

TheOne, X-Spectre and MarkyMark1971 like this.
  17. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Call you out? Are you retarded? It is the internet. You are one of the worst offenders posting your :wank: drivel. You clearly chose to either not read or ignore the thrust of the thread.

It isn't personal, I dont care about you or readabk for that matter. But you should also understand that no one cares about your :wank: comments, there are threads to post boost - you should give it some thought.

18. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why don't we close this so you can find something else to complain about,whatever your opinion is,it will not change the way I have Phun!!!:wank::banana::439::hump::dance:

19. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

i pretty much think this is heading into a wrong direction, and usually that doesn´t help, most times it makes things even worse...

there will be no new rule or vbulletin-edit to change that.

20. X-Spectre

For the record, I think that for all the very high quality pic posts he puts up, Marky is entitiled to quite a few :wank: posts, nothing against YOU Gap but I think naming someone who actually makes a lot of good high quality posts as an 'offender' who is just out to boost post count is a bit out of line.

MarkyMark1971 and MileHigh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.