1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Photo Enhancements & Post Edit Work

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Masscott, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Masscott

Masscott

This kinda of stuff doesn't really qualify under other threads at which I thought creating a new thread is suitable.
    I enjoy enhancement of images and post editing. Some come out good-some bad. But it is an enjoyment nonetheless. Including scans. I enhanced these next two uploads from a recent thread that was posted here:
    http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=367538
    Create to the poster. Enjoy and I hope that others post their work here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

truwojtek, Not A Llama, A.tab and 8 others like this.
  2. Masscott

Masscott

A Babe in my book. Yes..:yes_new: she is hot.

[​IMG]

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

nice post-production, well done, thanks!

Masscott likes this.
  4. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Great stuff Mascott.
    I've done some in the Nature Lovers thread so I'm not gonna repost them here but in the future I'll post some on here.
    Would be nice though to post the "source" images as well so one can compare/ask questions/discuss techniques etc...

Didn't want to enter empty handed so here's one I did for a friend-photographer.
    Source [​IMG] Output [​IMG]

5. Masscott

Masscott

Good call. I keep meaning to do that and forget. I will do so from now on. Thanks for reminding me.

6. The Cunt Factory

You don't have to if you don't feel like it of course.

I just think it could be usefull to others, especially when you're discussing and sharing ideas on techniques and stuff. ;)

7. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

(images removed by SilentKnight)

8. Masscott

Masscott

Great enhancement!!!

SilentKnight likes this.
  9. Masscott

Masscott

This wasn't that easy and took some time, but the result are modestly ok. I tried to find this post on PHUN, but couldn't locate it. My apologies for lack of credit if I over looked.

Really bad scan that I've had for awhile:
    [​IMG]

Cleaned up:
    [​IMG]

The red did ok in the background of the scan, but the mid-tones are all goofed. To make it look decent, I had to mute the background while concentrating of Rocio. Then soften the image a bit to kill the streaking/pixels. Again-not the best, but ok. She's still doable.

I love Rocio, but she has little stuff to work with on the net. I am always on the lookout for this beauty.

Enhancements like this are a good challenge. Anyone looking to improve using Photoshop can learn alot by trying to enhance a photo/scan like this.

10. The Cunt Factory

To fix those "reds" you could also start with some curves adjustment.
    In the red channel I guess you got some clipping from black 0 to about 20 (move the black slider from 0 to 20 in the red channel).
    In the quartertones at about 20% drag the red curve a bit down.
    That should fix the red.

After that I would start denoising the stray pixels. There 's a filter in PS for it or you could do it manually.
    Another step would be to make a copy with a Gaussian Blur of 1px and in an adjustment layer remove the blur on the background area, the hair, eyes and mouth.
    This way the skin will look a bit soft focussed but cleaner.

Finally another curves adjustment in the RGB channel will boost the contrast (try to make an S-curve as steep as possible).

;)

BTW, nice retouching on the grandma SilentKnight.

Austxsoul, Masscott and SilentKnight like this.
  11. Masscott

Masscott

Great idea CF on the Gaussian Blur-didn't think of that.

I did adjust on the red channel at first, but it washed out Rocio from the image. I assumed since the photo quality was very poor, I took the lesser of two evils and kept it "cool" or blue in tone and let the shadows/black ride along. I feared that the image would look too photoshopped.
    I will try that out anyway. Perhaps fixing the mid or quarter tones as you suggested may fix this image.

That image is a good one to learn on enhancement.

12. SilentKnight

13. Masscott

Masscott

Yep..much better. I have been taught. :)

14. SilentKnight

(images removed by SilentKnight)

15. Masscott

Masscott

Wow. Awesome work.

SilentKnight likes this.
  16. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Nice work..........

SilentKnight likes this.
  17. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Some great work done here..

18. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I see you cleared up her acne as well, lol.

19. RetroHeat

RetroHeat

Some great work here!

I don't know if anyone here would be interested, but I've always wanted to see some good enhancements of these two images from Gillian Anderson's sex scene in the movie Straightheads.....the scene was shot in very low light and I think some good enhancement to brighten and sharpen the details on these images would be very pleasing to the eye.....anyone up for the challenge?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Not A Llama likes this.
  20. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I did a bunch when the leaked bit came out but after they cut out 16 minutes of Gilly nudity and renamed the movie for our fucktard ratings nazis I cancelled my disc order.