1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Photo Retouching

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by -Caffeine-, Nov 20, 2008.

1. -Caffeine-

-Caffeine- Official Phun.org Model

I know there has to be at least one of you that's good in that area.

I'm having a dilemma with a certain photo I have to retouch, wondering if I could get some advice on how to deal with it.

If any of you are good with that kind of stuff let me know, and I'll post the aforementioned pic.

karabastrahabas likes this.
  2. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

post away!!!

3. toolz

toolz Hater ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

PM it to me and tell me what you need. I will try.

4. -Caffeine-

I'll just post it here.

This is a model I regularly retouch for and I really don't think she wants her unedited pics out there so I'm cropping off her head.

[​IMG]

As you can clearly see, her stomach is practically hanging on her leg. I can't figure out how to make it look like she has a flat stomach without it looking obviously retouched. I've been able to tackle every other damn issue with her (see example below), but not this one.

[​IMG]

5. toolz

toolz Hater ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats almost a impossible task. I am sorry I cant help you there.

6. -Caffeine-

Lol. Oh well. I told her I couldn't do it last week...but the fact that I can't is bugging me and now I'm determined to find out how.

7. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I cant make any promises but I'll give it a go.

irish-sid and karabastrahabas like this.
  8. -Caffeine-

Thanks...if you manage it you have to teach me.

9. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

No I dont ;) J/K I'll let you know what steps I took.

10. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Your original and my edit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lets call it flatter.

I started with skin grafts (layers, using the marquee tool) taken from her left side and moved them toward her middle. A little blending made them join the rest of her natural skin tone. I also used the cloning tool in smaller areas. Taking away some of the shading between her belly and thighs gives the appearance of a smaller "roll" and flatter stomach.

To the right side, same technique as above but I shifted the angle of the crease between her belly and right thigh upward, bringing her belly up further on that side. Another skin graft closed the crease beneath her navel. Saved this step and created another image to manipulate. Marking her navel area with the marquee tool, I rotated clockwise to make it more vertical. More blending with the eraser tool, softening the edges of that layer, cloning stamp, dodge and burn to even tones.

The most tedious part was blending stretch marks (dodge and burn) while trying to leave a natural apearance. It could use further tweaking (adding more water drops below her navel) but I think you now have what you've requested for the most part. I also worked on the marks above her left breast.

11. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

[​IMG]

Using: patch tool/healing brush
    Then: pen tool for selecting certain areas and moving them around and blending them
    Then some plugins: Retoucher/Noise buster/Skin Tune.
    Finished it with some photo filters: Dynamic skin softener/Glamour Glow/Cross Balance.

Without disrespect to her but she's impossible to make her look like a top model. ;)

12. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

her head is pretty visible in the two pics at the bottom of the page. ;)

13. fishman5440

fishman5440 15 Year Member

not that i'm one to talk... but i'd suggest either another pose... or she should do some sit-ups.

14. -Caffeine-

Sit-ups aren't going to be able to correct that problem lol.

15. -Caffeine-

Awesome job...I just work with her so often, and she wants her stomach to look like Adriana Lima's or something. So she wouldn't be happy with that. Definitely better than what I could have done with it though....and I greatly appreciate the effort.

16. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Your welcome. No offense but, Adriana she's not gonna be and she's asking a lot of you to make her so. Lets face it. She's a big girl and a six pack ab job would look kind of freakish on her given the rest of her proportions. Think about having to do that for her on every photo. Thats a totaly unrealistic amount of work on your part as an editor.

If you have any other girls you want to send in here, please do so :)

irish-sid likes this.
  17. Sentinel67

Sentinel67 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had some retouched pics to post, but didn't know exactly where to put 'em. The Celeb forum won't take 'em and they don't seem quite right for the Celeb/Model Collages thread....so, I'm dumpin' 'em here. If the mods want to delete them, I'll understand. :rolleyes:

Fun with Noni. Original and retouched twice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just some slightly interesting yoga web chick I werked a wee bit. She needed help... ;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

SilentB likes this.
  18. -Caffeine-

Nice. I think we should turn this into a before and after showcase thread. Our work only though, not just stuff random people did.

[​IMG]

Sentinel67 and SilentB like this.
  19. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

irish-sid likes this.
  20. AFX

AFX Guest

Great job Silent. I wonder though Caffeine if it would make it even easier to cover her stretch marks with make-up in the future. Then just a little editing with the warp and pluck tools would do the rest. Just an idea.

SilentB likes this.