1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Photoshop CS5 will be amazing

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by mah0ne, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

No Kidding.... Restoring photo's like this one which took me hours upon hours to complete... would be able to be done in no time by someone with very little experience....... If it's all its cracked up to be... many high end photo retouch artists are going to be in big trouble......as they have already seen huge losses in business due to people in countries like India doing the work for pennies on the dollar what they would charge....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cy and Razor84 like this.
  2. kaos42000

IMO......Unless you depend on it for a living Adobe CS products are hardly worth the price they ask...... For someone whom just uses it for Phun like me......hard to justify the $$$ they ask for their products..........
    If you have other means of getting their stuff for less or free...... Well that's another story! and one I would love to hear!

whats2u likes this.
  3. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

But what if making sigs and stuff got you interested in doing other works and trying stuff out. I've designed some business cards and posters for events that were much better than what they paid designers to do. Messing around doing sigs has taught me a lot and with what I've learnt makes me wonder if I should try something along those lines. Probably won't though but what lukin said has a very valid point....

4. mah0ne

mah0ne momsenetic ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Something i did with "APS.CS5.x32.x64.Pre-Release.Portable".

I did it very sloppy and i haven't completely figured out the Content Aware tool.
    Anyhow, here you got another impression of it. Also the picture is very LQ.
    I gotta say i'm impressed. I tried it out with some other pictures and it works nice.

[​IMG]

edit: Cy posted a working version in this thread. Click.

Cy, Cold As Ice and irish-sid like this.
  5. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Well, I wouldnt push it as a finished product in quality, but that'd be perfectly fine as a blend area. As you said, it is a quick and dirty example, but it could be used, as is, as an overlay (or even as a base,) in the right piece. (not sure why you would, but that doesnt change the fact that it could be used)

6. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Just realised you got rid of the person and the lamp post :)
    Did you smudge it about or is that how it came out?

Could be good for spot the difference! :lol:

7. mah0ne

Nah, i got rid of the person with the Content Aware Feature. I did use the smudge a bit to correct some stuff. The Content Aware Feature is a bit tricky when there are many different things on the picture. You need to actually work with it to see what i mean.

8. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Yeah. I'm looking forward to trying it although I can see it just being a novelty that I'll try on a couple of pics and then never really have much of a use for it. We'll see though.
    Gonna wait for a full cracked release.

9. mah0ne

Wow, i just found the full pre-release (2.5gb). Seems legit, although im waiting for a confirm.

10. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I found a Adobe cs5 master collection which is 9,16 GB

11. whats2u

whats2u SelenaDreams

Looks amazing. Thanks for posting the vids.

12. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

PS is a serious photo editor and part of a workflow used to fine tune photos in RAW format (not the compressed jpeg format).
    A professional editor will start in Lightroom to adjust the basics like exposure, WB (whitebalance) etc… then bridge to Adobe Raw (part of PS CS4…) to make the final corrections on color, contrast etc… before soft-proofing it for print (RGB or Lab to CMYK).
    None of the new features in CS5 automate those skills so editors won’t be out of bussiness soon. It requires a good understanding of color theory and photography to really work with PS.

Besides a pro photographer on assingment will never take a photo of a meadow filled with crap and then use the content aware fill tool … he will take a photo of a meadow without crap on it … and if there’s some, he’ll remove it first (or ask his assistent to).
    I’ve seen some high resolution edits using the content aware fill tool … and I’m not impressed. For those with a fair knowledge of PS it’s not that hard to understand that an automated tool can’t do in seconds what takes hours of manual correction.

To me the super clone tool is just an eye catcher Adobe uses to promote sales for their new version of CS.

If you’re just working with jpeg’s, system requirements haven’t gone up dramatically, you don’t even need a graphic’s card for it. If you’re working in RAW you already needed a heavy system in the previous versions since any RAW source file easily mounts up to 40 MB and more; add several layers, masks and channels to that and you can multiply that with factor 20.

helium, Cy and Lukin like this.
  13. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

agreed. and LightRoom doesn't get it's praises sung nearly enough for my liking, it's a phenomenal piece of software

14. The Cunt Factory

Lightroom indeed doesn't get all that attention except amongst photographers. It's the best/fastest tool if you wanna run dozens of photos as batch.

Most professional photographers I know use it to get the job done quickly and scarcely use PS 'cause in reality they want to spend more time behind the camera than the PC screen.

As the late Ansel Adams said: The most important thing is not the gear but the photographers mind and eye some inches behind the camera.

Let's also not forget "Curvemeister" which is the most powerfull software for color and contrast adjustements using curves.

For me I was hoping Adobe finally got a version out that would run under Ubuntu (Linux) and a fully compatible workflow in Lab colorspace ... alas :(

15. Not A Llama

Not A Llama Unofficial phun.org llama

so, is this cs5 any good or is it a big pack of lies and failed promises?

16. mah0ne

It won't be a big pack of lies, thats for sure. Of course the official tutorials and show-off vids are intentionally impressive. However, the CS5 Version will be full of new interesting stuff.
    There is no cracked full version out yet, though.
    I've been working a bit with the portable pre-release ... so far so good.

17. The Cunt Factory

Neither...
    Photoshop is as good as the designer/editor is.
    New tools are added and old ones are upgraded so the work gets easier but it's still the designer/editor who needs to make the decisions to achieve a good design or great photo.
    All PS does is recalculate the original pixels using algorithms … great ‘cause I don’t want to do that manually for each of the millions of pixels in each photo. It would take years and I’ll probably loose myself in my own calculations.

So what’s new in CS5 ? … :new, better, and less memory intensive algorithms to get a job better and faster done ‘cause that’s what the industry of editors is looking for.
    They even have already better algoritms than those in CS5 but they just don’t have the computers to process them in a reasonable time and for an affordable cost.
    As always, software and ideas are ahead of hardware.

For example, lil’wutz made this photo some time ago in his area(http://forum.phun.org/showpost.php?p=4107461&postcount=931):
    [​IMG]
    Although decent composition wise, color and contrast were way off, WB was wrong and bad exposure left burned out highlights and bleak shadows;
    in all the photo didn’t show what the eye of the photographer saw.

Some 10 minutes later in CS4 this edit turned up:
    [​IMG]
    Did photoshop do this ? … nope, the editor making (hopefully) the right decisions on which actions to undertake in PS did.

So until PS CS200 will come out and be able to read your mind you you’ll have to do it yourself ‘cause there’s no single tool in PS that does that for you.

Just like some think by buying a Leica M9 and mounting it with a Leica Noctilux 50mm lense will make them a good photographer some think that CS5 will make them awesome designers/editors … wrong … they’ll still be amateurs with expensive equipment.
    In all there’s nothing wrong with that; they’re happy and commerce smiles with their increased sales but in the end they’re just tools, and admitted they make life/work easier, but they won’t turn you into a professional overnight.

Ollie, Cy, kimjim08 and 2 others like this.
  18. kaos42000

Ahmen! Well put!

19. kimjim08

kimjim08

Very well said. I like a good camera setup that takes good pictures but I may want to "modify" a photo so it looks more like what I believe I saw or what I want. Photoshop is just a tool that I use to do that. Neither the camera nor Photoshop make me a good photographer or artist. Nor does the fact that I use Photoshop make me an expert with it. Far from it.

I equate it with video. With good low cost cameras, many people think that because they have one and have movie maker on their computer, that they instantly become good video makers and are great at video. Just look at all the "crap" on youtube. There are some good things but it is because of the mind of the person making it, not the equipment. Some people don't understand the concept of framing, leading, motion, etc.

20. helium

helium .

u can download the final trials from adobe.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.